“Romantic log cabins in a romantic setting.”
Review of New England Inn

and 1 more site!
New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Massachusetts
“Romantic log cabins in a romantic setting.”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I love the logs cabins for two. They are so cozy and very romantic with fireplaces and a jacuzzi for two in the room. They also have log cabin style adult only loft rooms. The breakfast they serve is also delicious, although somewhat limited as most inns are. There is an onsite restaurant and tavern for dinner. The location is right for exploring and very close to North Conway. We have been back multiple times and really enjoy it. Its somewhat pricey but comparable to other similar accommodations.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Ragses

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This a really good place to relax and release stress after hard day of work. Close to hike track which allow to quickly be on the hike everyday . The team member were really friendly and help us to find our way

• Stayed June 2013
Intervale, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was at the New England Inn today. A couple was at the desk, so I sat in a chair with my toddler. Then another couple came in and she served them ahead of me. And AGAIN - another customer came in and she served her ahead of me. I was there to visit the pool. It's available through the White Mountain Aquatic Center and runs by "donations accepted." They also have scholarship programs for those how need assistance. I had been at the pool 2 other times and made donations. This time, when Liz the receptionist asked me for donation, I said that I would make one next time, that I was recently fired due to illegal discrimination. She said she had heard about that and asked me how that was relevant, that it costs a lot to run a pool. I explained that I didn' t have my regular income. I asked her if it was required to make a donation, that my understanding was donations accepted. She explained that it costs money to run a pool and is really expensive so I should make a donation and gave me the most unfriendly, unprofessional and cold reception. Having worked in customer service for years - I thought maybe she was just having a bad day. Was wondering if anyone else out there has had a bad experience with Liz. I hope the Aquatic Center moves somewhere else. She had such a bad attitude that I left and did not use the pool - which is totally against what the Aquatic Center is trying to accomplish. Funny thing is, my parents are coming to town for my birthday in two weeks and I was going to make a reservation for them- but after my experience with Liz - decided against it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank kate f
Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was our 5th year at the New England Inn for our annual friends/family kayak weekend. We stayed in the lodge and as always it was fantastic. Beautiful rooms. Great staff. Nicely done continental breakfast.Fantastic location. Will see you again next year!

Room Tip: We've only stayed in the lodge on the bottom floor, rooms are large, very nice & quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Good location, near many hikes, and we got a good price. The local inn (Tuckerman's) was decent, so you can get a good dinner at very short notice.

Cabins are a bit musty, the breakfast was mostly carbs and started late (began prep at the 8AM time for breakfast). Internet access was a bit spotty, and the bath/shower was new (very nice) and hard to figure out the first time...you may have to ask for instructions.

No cell phone reception (both a plus and a minus).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris U
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed in the lodge part on the first floor and it was great. Nice have the fireplace in the room that we could use in the evening if it was chilly and we had access to side porch that I used to read every morning. It was very clean and the bathroom was huge. I would just have to get a room in the back next time because my husband and I are not morning people and even with the curtains closed the sun was so bright in the morning. You have to eat at their restaurant also. the lobster mac/cheese was awesome. The people that worked there were super friendly and great with suggestions if we asked. Definately coming back to stay here.

Room Tip: If you have no children definately ask to stay in the lodge or a cabin near the lodge.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stephanie m
New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were recently in town for a 2 night stay for the Mt. Whittier Classic softball tournament in N. Conway. There was an entire softball team and their families that stayed. We all stayed in the cute cottages (we personally stayed in Crystal Lake). These are duplex/sidebyside style cottages. There was a living room area with a twin bed trundle bed and a master bedroom with a mini fridge. It is campy but very clean and well stocked with many trial size products.

The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Gary is AMAZING !!! That man has a lot of energy!! He has worked there for quite some time and tell you the story of how the Inn belonged to a couple, they sold it, the person that purchased it let it go to foreclosure and then the original owners bought it back. The owners are very lucky to have someone like him working for them. You can tell he takes great pride in the place and works very hard to make sure everyone is happy and enjoys their stay.

The indoor pool is a good size and is 5ft deep at it's deepest end. There are water toys and floaties for the younger kids. There is a restaurant/tavern right on property called Tuckerman's. The menu is very extensive and the food and service was excellent. Prices are very reasonable. It was very nice after a long, hot day at the softball fields not to have to drive anywhere. There are cute little porches on the front of the cottages with chairs to sit in. We even had a fireplace in our room. Continental Breakfast is included in the very reasonable room rate. There was bagels, danish, numerous cereals, yogurts, juice, coffee and locally made blueberry muffins, lemon poppy seed bread and the most amazing homemade granola (we even bought some to take home).

I would HIGHLY recommend this Inn and will definitely book again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: You may want to consider bringing your own pillow. The pillows are very puffy and do not contour mu...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mccannclann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
The Wentworth
Lodge at Jackson Village
Bartlett Inn
Bartlett Inn
#1 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!