“We've been coming here for 40 years.....”
Review of New England Inn

New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Robbinsville, North Carolina
“We've been coming here for 40 years.....”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I recently stayed her again after YEARS. The first time I stayed here was with my parents back in 1974, and I've stayed here many times since. It has been a family tradition and my recent stay didn't disappoint me.

For my husband's milestone birthday, and to escape Florida, I decided to bring him here and we LOVED it. It hasn't changed much since my first memories, except that that have a really good restaurant there now called "Tuckermans" and some more wonderful little cabins and a terrific lodge.

The staff are remarkably attentive, down to earth and kind. We particulary loved Gary, the desk manager. I certainly hope they realize what a great person they have, he is just wonderful!

Thank you so much! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are quietly nestled in the surrounding area to the 200+ year old Inn. The lodge has a dif...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Newport, RI
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant to stay at a hotel that charged extra for daily housekeeping, but I am glad I took a chance. We stayed in a log cabin room like we did years ago when the hotel was under different management. The room looked as though it had been updated with some new furnishings and definitely a new flat screen. The room was incredibly clean and the front desk staff was both honest and friendly. But what really makes this inn stand out is what you get for the price you pay. We got a room that would have been double if we had stayed anywhere else in the area. Perhaps it is because it is off the beaten path, but I say that is part of its charm. The biggest negative for me us that the pool is not really run by the hotel but by an aquatic center making you feel like an intruder if you want to use the pool facilities.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank WeekendGetawayJunkie
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The units are spacious, very clean and updated. Each unit has a.small fridge and coffee maker. The beds are very comfortable. Fireplace in each unit is a real plus. Heating unit is loud and woke us up several times at night. There is a beautiful living room with a gorgeous stone fireplace and leather furniture and all kinds of wildlife mounts......so unique. But it's so cold in the living room that you can't enjoy it. The gas log fireplace is never on. Other than that it's a great place. Would be nice to jingle with others I. The living room. Just too cold.no children are allowed at this Inn which is nice even though we love kids. Also, continental breakfast is a plus. Tuckerman's Tavern is a walk across the street and the food is fantastic. Great location to so many things to do. Overall a great place to stay. Each room has a wildlife name and rooms are really cozy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vickietoria
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed with my girlfriend the weekend before New Year's and couldn't be happier with the choice. There are many places to choose from in North Conway and Intervale area, but you can't go wrong with the New England Inn.

We rented a cabin, and it was great. The bed was big, clean, and comfortable. The gas fireplace was a nice touch, and it shuts off automatically after an hour for safety. It doesn't give as much heat as I thought though. The hot tub was nice, it wasn't a real jacuzzi, it seemed like a regular bath tub with jets, but still nice after a day of snowshoeing or skiing.

A couple things that I would improve is the internet in the cabins, especially if people are staying for a week or so, i was almost impossible to get the WiFi signal unless you were in the restaurant. Also, the bathroom walls do not extend all the way up to the ceiling, so it makes become intimate real fast haha. Not a big deal if your ok with this with your spouse or significant other, but a detail nonetheless.

All in all it was a great stay and I would absolutely stay again. The staff was very helpful in providing discount ski tickets, and giving suggestions for good snowshoe trails. The continental breakfast was a delicious mix of local pastries, coffee, bagels, and cereal. Would recommend this to any couple looking to get away.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Cabins, and have no complaints. The loge looks pretty new as well, so I'm sure...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bwentworth2
Perpignan, France
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We found this wonderful place while looking for a night's rest away from the main road.

The very friendly receptionist, Liz, asked if we preferred "rustic", and showed us the Lodge - a recreation log hunting lodge.

We stayed in the "Fox" room - and were impressed by everything! The room was spacious, even vast, with a gas "log effect" fire, huge comfortable bed, sofa, desk, small tables,.....

As well as the well-equipped bathroom there was a small alcove with a sink and a coffee filter machine with real coffee - a godsend.

On-site is a tavern & restaurant. The food seems to be the usual New England restaurant fare, rather too much for European appetites, but there is a large selection of locally brewed beers, which was a nice and welcome surprise.

A superb place to stay.

2 Thank Frank P
Fair Oaks
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My wife has a smell test for properties and this was the place we found on the third stop. What a find. The room was spacious, well decorated and very clean. The price was also reasonable especially compared to other properties on our trip which were not nearly as nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. No questions we will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our rooms were across the street from the office. Very nice.
2 Thank DLC5
Arcadia, California
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our stay at the New England Inn was a wonderful surprise. We came to the White Mountains without any reservations and during our trip someone we just met recommended the Inn. I took a chance and made reservations for two nights. What a delightful surprise! We selected to stay in one of their (log) cabins. It was so comfortable, roomy and so perfectly located to do some hikes in the White Mountains. The reception was friendly and helpful and we had a choice of rooms in the Inn or of a cabin. The restaurant on the premises is Tuckerman's and we needed to go no further. It was wonderful, food top notch, service great and the food made to order, fresh and reasonable priced. I would definitely return!

2 Thank Laurie7544
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
The Wentworth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,238 reviews
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!