“Top notch in hospitality!”
Review of New England Inn

and 1 more site!
New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
“Top notch in hospitality!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We came back again! Our whole softball team decided to stay again and it could not have been a better stay!!! The price service and location, get a standing ovation. The staff are so helpful and down to earth. Thank you Gary and Liz

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jayne Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at inn Friday the 13th and 14th, checked into cabins across from check inn looked nice we settled in and then told room phone was not working which we needed in case of emergency back home because we had no cell phone service, they moved us to smaller cabin behind restaurant which was smaller and not what we wanted so they moved us to lodge where refrigerator wasn't working properly, coffee table was falling apart and lamp in bed room wasn't working properly and shower was horrible. I informed this to Gary who was very friendly sat morning but did nothing about it, I would never stay there again if it was free!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Goliath1234
Gary R, Manager at New England Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I brought your review to the attention of the owner, Crystal whom you met and had several conversations with. We were sorry to see you were so unhappy that you chose to write a review. After discussing all that had transpired during your visit we can only say - Have a pleasant journey where ever else you go.
Robbinsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I recently stayed her again after YEARS. The first time I stayed here was with my parents back in 1974, and I've stayed here many times since. It has been a family tradition and my recent stay didn't disappoint me.

For my husband's milestone birthday, and to escape Florida, I decided to bring him here and we LOVED it. It hasn't changed much since my first memories, except that that have a really good restaurant there now called "Tuckermans" and some more wonderful little cabins and a terrific lodge.

The staff are remarkably attentive, down to earth and kind. We particulary loved Gary, the desk manager. I certainly hope they realize what a great person they have, he is just wonderful!

Thank you so much! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are quietly nestled in the surrounding area to the 200+ year old Inn. The lodge has a dif...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Newport, RI
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant to stay at a hotel that charged extra for daily housekeeping, but I am glad I took a chance. We stayed in a log cabin room like we did years ago when the hotel was under different management. The room looked as though it had been updated with some new furnishings and definitely a new flat screen. The room was incredibly clean and the front desk staff was both honest and friendly. But what really makes this inn stand out is what you get for the price you pay. We got a room that would have been double if we had stayed anywhere else in the area. Perhaps it is because it is off the beaten path, but I say that is part of its charm. The biggest negative for me us that the pool is not really run by the hotel but by an aquatic center making you feel like an intruder if you want to use the pool facilities.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank WeekendGetawayJunkie
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The units are spacious, very clean and updated. Each unit has a.small fridge and coffee maker. The beds are very comfortable. Fireplace in each unit is a real plus. Heating unit is loud and woke us up several times at night. There is a beautiful living room with a gorgeous stone fireplace and leather furniture and all kinds of wildlife mounts......so unique. But it's so cold in the living room that you can't enjoy it. The gas log fireplace is never on. Other than that it's a great place. Would be nice to jingle with others I. The living room. Just too cold.no children are allowed at this Inn which is nice even though we love kids. Also, continental breakfast is a plus. Tuckerman's Tavern is a walk across the street and the food is fantastic. Great location to so many things to do. Overall a great place to stay. Each room has a wildlife name and rooms are really cozy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vickietoria
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed with my girlfriend the weekend before New Year's and couldn't be happier with the choice. There are many places to choose from in North Conway and Intervale area, but you can't go wrong with the New England Inn.

We rented a cabin, and it was great. The bed was big, clean, and comfortable. The gas fireplace was a nice touch, and it shuts off automatically after an hour for safety. It doesn't give as much heat as I thought though. The hot tub was nice, it wasn't a real jacuzzi, it seemed like a regular bath tub with jets, but still nice after a day of snowshoeing or skiing.

A couple things that I would improve is the internet in the cabins, especially if people are staying for a week or so, i was almost impossible to get the WiFi signal unless you were in the restaurant. Also, the bathroom walls do not extend all the way up to the ceiling, so it makes become intimate real fast haha. Not a big deal if your ok with this with your spouse or significant other, but a detail nonetheless.

All in all it was a great stay and I would absolutely stay again. The staff was very helpful in providing discount ski tickets, and giving suggestions for good snowshoe trails. The continental breakfast was a delicious mix of local pastries, coffee, bagels, and cereal. Would recommend this to any couple looking to get away.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Cabins, and have no complaints. The loge looks pretty new as well, so I'm sure...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bwentworth2
Perpignan, France
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We found this wonderful place while looking for a night's rest away from the main road.

The very friendly receptionist, Liz, asked if we preferred "rustic", and showed us the Lodge - a recreation log hunting lodge.

We stayed in the "Fox" room - and were impressed by everything! The room was spacious, even vast, with a gas "log effect" fire, huge comfortable bed, sofa, desk, small tables,.....

As well as the well-equipped bathroom there was a small alcove with a sink and a coffee filter machine with real coffee - a godsend.

On-site is a tavern & restaurant. The food seems to be the usual New England restaurant fare, rather too much for European appetites, but there is a large selection of locally brewed beers, which was a nice and welcome surprise.

A superb place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frank P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
The Wentworth
#5 of 25 in North Conway
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!