“ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!”

New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
“ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed 18 November 2004

If your idea of a perfect New England vacation includes the smell of must and mold in your room, open canisters of a substance left out all over the room to attract the dampness, black mold around the bath tub and toilet, pubic hairs in your bathtub, floors you stick to, bedspreads that reeked like they had been sitting in a damp basement for years, and a tv that looked like it was circa 1950's.. This is the place for you! You are told that a free country breakfast every morning is included in the price, and charged for it when you check out, along with gratuities for the waitstaff for that said free breakfast, as well as for the maid service.(I had already left them gratuities) A $5 charge for the room key is also added to your bill. The staff was very combative when I approached them and asked them about these hidden charges and that I thought they were misleading people. A couple of people standing there who had overheard the conversation agreed. They kept insisting they had told me ahead of time about the extra charges, but I was not informed. Had I been informed, I would not have left gratuities, since it was presumptuous of the Inn to assume what I wanted to give. If you have stayed here before and had a wonderful time, I'm happy for you and perhaps this was just an isolated incident, however, it doesn't change my mind about ever returning.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 14 August 2004

I can't believe this place would get a bad review. We just booked our fourth weekend here. The Inn is a picture perfect New England scene. I've stayed in the Inn twice, the lodge once and this time we'll be staying in a cottage w/ jacuzzi and fireplace. We have always had a super clean room, great service, great food and a great time. The price is so reasonable for all that you get. Our last trip my husband proposed to me and we were given complimentary drinks and appetizers in the tavern, which was so thoughtful. We'll be visiting this time for our 2 year Anniversary and we can't wait to get back there. I wouldn't stay anyother place in the North Conway area!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2004

I had the chance to stay in a lodge room, over the long Memorial Day weekend, at the Inn with a companion and the room was absolutely fabulous!!
Had a jacuzzi, balcony, fireplace, and a loft w/bedroom. It was gorgoeus!! Room was cleaned.
Although, can't really say the same for Tuckermans' Restaurant. Service was slow, needed more personnel for level of business. I, highly,recommend the lodge to anyone interested in staying at New England Inn.

Reviewed 31 May 2004

My husband and I just got back from the Inn and had a wonderful private time. We stayed in one of the log cabins and was amazed at how quiet a location I had managed to find. The privacy was great even though there were people on either side of us. I am already planning for next spring. The only minor complaint I had was going to supper at Tuckerman's was very noisy at 8 in the evening but we went earlier the next day about 5 or so and it was much better.

Reviewed 17 January 2004

I have stayed at the New England Inn on more than one occasion and look forward to future visits there.

The owners and staff always make you feel welcome, and the atmosphere is first rate. The entire staff at the New England Inn are friendly and courteous and see that your stay is a relaxing, enjoyable visit. The menu is varied and the food is plentiful and delicious.

The staff and local patrons are always willing to help with directions or places to visit in the area while enjoying your stay.

I have been, and will continue to be a repeat guest at the New England Inn.

Their hospitality is endless!

Reviewed 13 January 2004

Not once, but twice (working on a third stay) have I enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the Inn. The rooms are immaculate, and super cozy for a winter weekend getaway. The jacuzzi and gas fireplace in the newly added cabins across the street are just what my husband and I expected. Not to mention the staff is wonderful to deal with. I've recommended this place to a number of friends and will continue to do so!

Reviewed 2 December 2003

The wife and I spent the Thanksgiving weekend in one of the new log cabins. I was disapointed with the bed covers. The blanket smelled like it was never washed. Room was clean but I couldn't get over the lack of detail for a premium price.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!