“A great deal”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“A great deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2008

This hotel is cheap, clean and conveniently located. At $59/night, our economy room with a king bed was a great deal. The rooms are very basic and don't have any character, but if you're just looking for a place to sleep, choose this place.

• Liked — It is very expensive.
  • Disliked — The continental breakfast offered is bad.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Fairhaven, Ma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2007

I was trying to find the Swiss Chalet online because we're looking to revisit for new years eve this year, and I just stumbled across these reviews, and felt that I would have to leave one in their behalf!
My husband and I had stayed at the Swiss Chalet for my birthday weekend over a year ago in the fall. We love driving up north to North Conway in the fall with the foliage, and the crisp autumn air. Its very refreshing! The village is just adorable, and the towns people are beyond friendly! I was shocked to see how many people stop dead in their tracks to say "bless you" or "gazoontite" when you sneeze! Lol.
So we just drove around looking for a reasonable yet cute place to stay with a jacuzzi, in the mountains, for a reasonable rate (i think it was $100/night w/ breakfast included...everything else was much higher, or very motel ish..).
We had just gotten in from traveling in Europe, and didn't have the means to splurge. So, we stopped in, and spoke with the lovely Indian couple who own and operate the property. They were SUPER friendly & accomadating! They gave us keys to a few rooms, and we got to take our pick. We chose a great room that was very clean, with a fireplace, and a hot tub overlooking the mountains, a large and comfy king sized bed, and we had a great weekend! It was very quiet, and isolated, a great getaway for two, and we later found out it is also pet friendly, so we could have brought our Bichon! They provide a make your own waffles in the morning for breakfast! My husband let me slip into the jacuzzi with my coffee, enjoying the mountain view, and he went to make me breakfast in bed. It was wonderful & affordable!
We will be back at the end of the year! It definetly isn't LUXURIOUS... but its a nice and comfortable rustic stay! If you are looking for the Ritz, then you need to pay for it! Enjoy your stay! Ciao!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bella1422
prince edward island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2007

I stayed there overnight the rooms were spacious, and clean the owners were very friendly and helpful , I enjoyed my stay very much and would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank habgal
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2007

We stayed there from Oct 5 to Oct 7 the Columbus day weekend of 2007. We had booked in August 2007. 2 weeks ago I had read some reviews about this place and I has started to think that we are heading into a bad vacation.

Nothing of that sort happened. On our way, we lost our way and the lady on the phone patiently guided us till the Hotel.

The rooms were clean and smelled of some pleasant freshener. The place was in awesome location. Our balcony looked to a beautiful hill. We were just in time for the fall foliage colors. I am posting a few pics from the Hotel.

The hotel is spread on a huge size lot, and looks pretty and homely. The fresh waffles and coffee served free for breakfast was something that adds to the plus points. The old style pantry/kitchen was lovely.

The staff at the front desk were very helpful in guiding us where to go and how to have the most of our time.

The location of the hotel was perfect. Not right on the busy RT16. Still, it takes just 1 turn and you hop right onto RT16 to go to so many places. N Conway, Mt Washington, Story Land were very near this place and it saved us lot of time coz of the proximity.

We would surely come to this same place if we go to White Mountains area again.

• Liked — Beautiful surroundings
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank ksnm
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2007

We stayed at the Swiss Chalet because it is so close to Storyland- but it would have been better to drive an extra hour for a decent hotel. The first room we checked into smelled so strongly of mold that it was hard to breathe. The management was fairly unfriendly, but thrust us the keys to go look at 4 more rooms. One of them, which was in the main building, was clean enough to stay in. The other rooms we booked for the night were not particularly clean either. One of the air conditioners stopped working during the night, so it got really hot and stuffy. The continental breakfast consisted of Sunny Delight, stale doughnuts, cereal out of some random tupperware containers, and some make-your-own waffles. The only things to drink besides the Sunny Delight were whole milk and weak coffee, which was rarely refilled. If you want a pleasant stay, don't pick this hotel!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank travelingwithkids87
Rumford, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

We were looking for a great reasonably priced hotel to stay while taking our children to Storyland. We discovered the Swiss Chalet three years ago and have stayed every year since. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the view and location are great. The staff is always willing to satisfy guest needs. The pool is always refreshing and the view of the mountains while swimming is breathtaking. One year while staying there our dog passed away at home, the staff was sympathetic to our loss. We now take advantage of the Inn's pet friendly policy by taking our new dog every year. It is an added bonus knowing our whole family is together and our pet can also enjoy our vacation as he enjoys his walks in the mountain setting. The room we stayed in during our last visit was newly renovated, but rooms we have stayed in during past visits were also comfortable and clean

• Liked — Location, Pet friendly policy
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank BL2020
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2007

Took my 4 year old daughter to see the Santa Village in NH.
Then we decided to stay at "Swiss Chalets Village Inn" Intervale, NH.
We could not believe our eyes.
The view was so beautiful.
The Hot Tub, Facility, services and staff was just perfect. I would definitely recommended to all my friends.
I think we all will go every year from now on.
It's a great place for a "Family Vacation". The hotel made me feel pratical. I did not pay alot and got a very adequate room.
Both my wife and I were very satisfied.
The front desk person (I think his name was Mr. Sanjay) he was so nice and went out of his way to help us with directions and was very friendly and personable! a great guy..
I am very likely to return to this Swiss Chalets Village Inn.

• Liked — Facility and Services.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank rup1221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#5 of 12 in Bartlett
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to Swiss Chalets Village Inn? Share your experiences!