“A great stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“A great stay”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Room was clean and the staff was very friendly. There were lots of families with kids and it was still very quiet in the room. Great free breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again. Great value !!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SwissNh, General Manager at Swiss Chalets Village Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us.
Thank you for taking time to express your opinion. We do appreciate your continued patronage. It is our pleasure that you have enjoyed your stays and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple times. I'd continue to, but I had an awful experience yesterday at 5pm when I drove up from Boston with a reservation booked directly over the phone on Friday and they told me they cancelled and sold my room because the credit card info was wrong. He took my expiration date down incorrectly, so he decided to sell my room to someone else. While standing there arguing about "what now?" He calls another guest arriving and says "you're credit card is declining, but I'll hold your room another hour." I asked why and he said it was because Booking.com isn't worth arguing with. That sucks. I pay you directly so you don't have to pay commission to a third party and you cancel my reservation? He offered for me to stay at a sister hotel- a motel down the street, and it was such a shack, literally. Not the same type of place at all and he offered no sort of compensation. Awful. I'm so disappointed. Who does that to their loyal customers? Really upsetting to start our weekend with this, especially after driving three hours. I decided to drive to a nice lodge down the street on the same road and explained what happened to the very friendly, empathetic guest agent, she took us in for $119 when Swiss was selling at $169, and we got a real nice two room suite with breakfast. Much much nicer accommodation. Ill stay away from Swiss, considering they overcharge, have plastic wrapped waffles and don't guarantee their reserved guests rooms. Trust me when I tell you he did not care about us our the situation he put us in, he blatantly said "I need to make sure I sell every room!" As opposed to hold for those who booked them.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AdventuresofRandR
SwissNh, General Manager at Swiss Chalets Village Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
This is not truth.You give me right credit card. Card is decline. I try two time but no money. I called three times. You are not ans the phone because I sale the room after six. This is not my fault. When you come next visit we will give you room with discounted rate.Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We (8 people) originally booked 5 rooms for 4 nights and ended up staying for 7 nights. Jay is the most gracious/accommodating host/owner. Every morning he was out chatting with guests in the breakfast room, showing people how to make waffles, answering questions/recommending places to visit/ride to (we were on motorcycles). Swimming pool we used every day. We were on the lower level, facing the open meadow. Rooms were very clean, big and most affordable. Very central location for getting around. We will definitely be back!! .............and Jay - we look forward to a bonfire or two :-)
Debby, Ottawa, ON, Canada

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had no idea what to expect when I booked our rooms from an internet search, but it turned out to be a really pleasant surprise! It's a lovely location, close to Storyland, everything is VERY clean and comfy, there's free wi-fi and cable, a beautiful pool, friendly and helpful management and staff AND free breakfast! We could not have asked for more!

Saint James, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Let me try again. I have left 2 reviews but neither was recorded. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in May. Jay and the room were stellar although the weather was a bit rainy. We are looking to come back the weekend of September 21st for a rare 2nd annual trip. Money is tight but it does go further here. Jay we look forward to seeing you again this year. The place is the best value you can ever find. Breakfast is great there waffles and all .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrissommaruga
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great place to stay. Our room was immaculate! We were on the bottom floor right next to the pool. Everything was incredibly clean. We had free continental breakfast with waffles, bagels, eggs, juice, cereal. The only complaint I had was the room to eat breakfast in was pretty tight. However, they did have a few tables out on the porch, but it was a little chilly to be saying outside. Overall, this was a great place to stay and only 5 mins from Story Land. I'm glad I won't have to do any erase arch on where to stay when we come back next year!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just came back from our second visit at this place.
The location is simply great , the place located on a very nice hill near the Story Land and 5 min drive from the center. Price includes breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to Swiss Chalets Village Inn? Share your experiences!