“Very pleasant and clean”

Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were looking for a hotel close to Storyland, The rooms were Spotless, bed was comfortable, view from the rooms was very nice, affordable price and the staff was very freindly.I would absolutely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SwissNh, General Manager at Swiss Chalets Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us.
Thank you for taking time to express your opinion. We do appreciate your continued patronage. It is our pleasure that you have enjoyed your stays and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was looking for a hotel close to Storyland with a pool and researched my options for a couple of months before reserving at Swiss Chalets. We stayed from July 13 to 15. The room was incredibly clean (though not fancy or super modern), the bed was comfortable, the pool was warm, and the hotel/chalets are located far back from the main road, unlike many of the budget motels in the North Conway area. The breakfast had a mix of the standard continental breakfast (two kinds of muffins, bread for toast, bagels and cream cheese, fresh fruit) and hot options (scrambled eggs, sausage patties) and there was a good quality waffle iron that made making breakfast fun. There's a Dunkin Donuts just down the street as well, which is a better choice if you prefer a stronger (read: not watery and weak) coffee. However, the chalets are divided into six per unit and we had a king room on the lower level, which I would not recommend. There was no balcony (which is not a problem because the view is the same from an upper room or a lower; the chalets are set at the top of a hill and face the mountains), but we could hear every footstep that the guests above us took and when they used the water (showers, toilet flushing). I used the air conditioning unit to drown out the sound; the a/c unit is a wall-unit. Also, the sofa bed is only for one person, and my four-year-old said it wasn't comfortable (and into the king sized bed she came!). Overall, a good value option and I would book here again without hesitation, but I'd ask for a top floor chalet room.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this last minute for a trip through priceline.. saw some reviews and just went for it. It's a very beautiful place and setting. It is just a few minutes away from Storyland.. our destination!

The place was very clean.. a tiny bit dated, but I loved the ambiance anyways. View from the room was nice! Wifi, heated pool, jacuzzi.. not bad. Needs a playground set or two for the kids to play however.

Breakfast was great. Coffee, make your own waffles.. eggs, sausage, and cereal and bagels.. seriously that's not bad!

I'm definitely going to come back to visit again!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Every time we stay at the Swiss Chalets our room is always SPOTLESS. I will admit that the decor could use an updating but then again, the simple rustic style does hold true to that "New Hampshire charm" I would never trade the peace of mind that a clean hotel room brings for fancier..…anything!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Room was clean and the staff was very friendly. There were lots of families with kids and it was still very quiet in the room. Great free breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again. Great value !!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple times. I'd continue to, but I had an awful experience yesterday at 5pm when I drove up from Boston with a reservation booked directly over the phone on Friday and they told me they cancelled and sold my room because the credit card info was wrong. He took my expiration date down incorrectly, so he decided to sell my room to someone else. While standing there arguing about "what now?" He calls another guest arriving and says "you're credit card is declining, but I'll hold your room another hour." I asked why and he said it was because Booking.com isn't worth arguing with. That sucks. I pay you directly so you don't have to pay commission to a third party and you cancel my reservation? He offered for me to stay at a sister hotel- a motel down the street, and it was such a shack, literally. Not the same type of place at all and he offered no sort of compensation. Awful. I'm so disappointed. Who does that to their loyal customers? Really upsetting to start our weekend with this, especially after driving three hours. I decided to drive to a nice lodge down the street on the same road and explained what happened to the very friendly, empathetic guest agent, she took us in for $119 when Swiss was selling at $169, and we got a real nice two room suite with breakfast. Much much nicer accommodation. Ill stay away from Swiss, considering they overcharge, have plastic wrapped waffles and don't guarantee their reserved guests rooms. Trust me when I tell you he did not care about us our the situation he put us in, he blatantly said "I need to make sure I sell every room!" As opposed to hold for those who booked them.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AdventuresofRandR
SwissNh, General Manager at Swiss Chalets Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

This is not truth.You give me right credit card. Card is decline. I try two time but no money. I called three times. You are not ans the phone because I sale the room after six. This is not my fault. When you come next visit we will give you room with discounted rate.Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We (8 people) originally booked 5 rooms for 4 nights and ended up staying for 7 nights. Jay is the most gracious/accommodating host/owner. Every morning he was out chatting with guests in the breakfast room, showing people how to make waffles, answering questions/recommending places to visit/ride to (we were on motorcycles). Swimming pool we used every day. We were on the lower level, facing the open meadow. Rooms were very clean, big and most affordable. Very central location for getting around. We will definitely be back!! .............and Jay - we look forward to a bonfire or two :-)
Debby, Ottawa, ON, Canada

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to Swiss Chalets Village Inn? Share your experiences!