“Great Find... Good Food”

Tuckermans Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Intervale
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palmyra, Virginia
“Great Find... Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

On the way home from a great day on the Gog Railway going up Mount Washington we found this great place for dinner. We wanted to avoid the crowds that we knew we would find in most of the restaurants in North Conway, we were looking for a place to eat and relax with a few drinks.

Just off the beaten path, i.e. not directly on the main road it is a great location. With a one year old in tow we opted to sit out on the patio. The weather was great and the patio setting was perfect for our grandson who (like most one year olds) can be a handful. The food was great and the service was friendly and efficient.

We started with the nachos (with Chili) and a limited but pleasing wine selection. The Cesar salad and bowl of Chili I had were delicious. Our party had the Salmon, a chicken penne pasta dish, and a pepperoni pizza. Everything was great.

But the real treat was their special of the day desert: A Waffle Banana Split Sunday. It was almost more than the four of us could eat. Imaging a whole banana, spilt with chocolate syrup vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream on top! Made my day! It was the perfects way to end a great day during a wonderful vacation.

1 Thank Mark V

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First of many visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Really enjoyed this place to sit and relax on the patio for drinks and dinner. The menu has plenty of pub-style options, but also some more creative choices for those looking for more than a burger and beer (although certainly nothing wrong with that!). Pizza are filling and delicious, and the salmon entree was a pleasant treat for my wife who doesn't eat meat but also doesn't consider "haddock with ritz cracker topping" or fish and chips to be suitable seafood alternatives. Would absolutely add this to our annual North Conway-area dining repertoire!

Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Good place to get a beer poor place for dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We own a vacation condo in the area and have been coming to the area for many years. We've eaten here three times and have had poor service. The food is average and overpriced. They charged me 50 cents for raw onion added to my sandwich.....redicoulous. It's a decent place to grab a beer after skiing or golf but that's about it. You can tell that by the regulars at the bar and visitors in the dining area. The staff was friendly enough this time but we've decided to take this off our list of dining options. There always seems to be a wait even though there are several empty tables and available wait staff.

1 Thank Skidder123
“Good food icky decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Not a fan of the dead animal heads staring at me while I was eating but the food was delicious, great selection of beer and the wait staff was friendly. So long as I didn't make eye contact with the heads I was comfortable and felt welcomed, our waitress was very knowledgable about the menu which was varied and had great selections. I chose the house made cottage pie (on the menu as sheapards pie) which was spiced well but had very little corn I would have likes more. My husband had an oven roasted fish dish which was cooked well, had great flavor and was sprinkled with butter crackers (who doesn't love that!) Salad with your dinner was $3 extra which i thought was not so nice I am used to getting a salad with my entree especially when paying $16. The beers were a great mix of local brews and more of the popular well known names. All in all we would go there again and eat very happily.

“Good find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Went here on the 4th after getting terrible service at Horsefeathers in North Conway

Service was very good and food was tasty. Plenty of drinks to choose from. Will go back next time in the area