“My family loved it!”
Review of Old Field House

Old Field House
Ranked #2 of 3 Intervale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2008

The last time we visited Storyland, we stayed at The Suisse Chalet motor lodge and had a horrible time there. So, when a friend told me about this "Bed and Breakfast," I thought I would try it out. I am not a fan of B&Bs but I booked a room anyway. It was wonderful! My only regret is that I did not book more than one night. The room was quaint, warm and inviting. I felt at home. They even set up a pack and play for my 10 month old and the owners made our stay relaxing and enjoyable. And it definitely caters to families including a heated pool and a game room. This is one place my family intends on staying at again and again! LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2008

We just returned from staying at the Old Field House. My wife and I stayed there twice before our daughter was born. We liked it so much the first two times we stayed, we went back as a family over the Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed in the "Honeymoon Suite". This suite has a full kitchenette, a seperate entrance, a jacuzzi tub, a pull out sofa bed, king sized bed, and cable serviced television. The room cost us $195 per night and we had plenty of room for our daughter's play yard by the pull out sofa. The Old Field House has many rooms including 2 and 3 bedroom suites.The proprietors are wonderful people and provide a full breakfast each morning. The property is located in the perfect spot and is approximately a five minute drive to outlet shopping at Settlers Green; and, a 6 mile drive to Story Land. There are many family oriented restaurants, activities, and events aruond the Old Field House, and the rates are quite affordable. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of day to day life, the Old Field House is the place to go to. I know we cannot wait to get back. Check it out for your self. Their website is: www.oldfieldhouse.com

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 October 2007

My wife and I stayed in a half-dozen B&Bs during our early October tour of New England. The Old Field House (whose name might be taken for a gymnasium, and is anything but) was the best of them all. The genial owners, the accommodations, the good breakfast were all pluses, but best of all was the locale. The Old Field House is in a quiet, wooded, park-like setting. The view from the breakfast room is spectacular. An excellent experience for us.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2007

We made a last minute trip to new Hampshire with our two little ones, 3 and 5. We were looking for a place that was family friendly and close to Story land and the Old Field House was recommended to us. We were able to book one of the townhouses behind the main building with only a few days notice. The price was about middle of the road for what we were looking at and the townhouse was extremely spacious. it was listed as a two bedroom but could easily have slept more people with a daybed in a nook at the top of the stairs, a massive master bedroom closet where you could easily put a crib or a couple of sleeping bags and couches in the main room. It also had a bath and 1/2, a full kitchen, a dining table for 8 and very large living room. Everything was very clean and well maintained, well stocked with towels, extra pillows and blankets. There was also a selection of games and books in the main room, perfect for a rainy day. There was a fireplace available but you are expected to supply your own wood. There was a bit of confusion on check-in. The website and sign out front said breakfast was included in the price but on check-in we were told that the townhouses were not included in the breakfast plan, only the main building. But when we protested the manager quickly said to just come on up. And breakfast was good, their specialty is belgian waffles with all the fixings but they also had eggs, toasts, oatmeal, sweet breads and cereal. Overall, I highly recommend this as a great home base for exploring an area that is very kid-friendly and packed with things to do.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2007

We've stayed at the Old Field House many times over the past several years, summer and winter as each season in the Mt. Washington Valley offers plenty to do. The inn is centrally located within the valley and so a good hub for all the recreation options from hiking and skiing to shopping. Never been dissapointed and as a veteran shopper of vacation lodging, I would definitely say that the Old Field House is a terrific value. Inn rooms are clean, comfortable, with all standard ammenities, cable TV, phone. One caveat - some of the rooms tend to be small , but they do offer the option of adjoining rooms and family suites for parents plus kids. One of the best features is the extra space for hanging out in the lower level, i.e., game room for kids with ping pong etc and adjacent den with TV, books, scrabble and other board games. The ground level has a sunny dining area for breakfast as well as another very pleasant sitting room with gas fireplace. During nice weather, there are a couple of hammocks on a shaded lawn. All these places and spaces within the building and grounds give multiple options for hanging out other than the usual confine of a hotel room. Also on the grounds is a basketball hoop, spacious lawns for the kids to run around, swim pool and jacuzzi. If your group is larger, there is yet another option - 2-3 bedroom townhomes. These condos have it all including laundry, but best is that they can be rented on a nightly basis, I think with 2 nite min. Often when I'm looking for condo rentals, it's weekly only. The Innkeepers, Rod and Linea could not be nicer - attentive, helpful and resourceful . We'll be back. Tip: if skiing ask at desk about discount coupons available for many mountains.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank good2go
Reviewed 23 August 2006

Two weekends ago was my second visit to the Old Field House, in Intervale with two kids and my husband. Once again we had a great time. Story Land is a quick 5 minute drive one way while the center of North Conway and the outlets is 5 minutes the other way- and the morning breakfast that comes free with the stay is to die for! I am not kidding! Rodney, the owner, made us waffles (i would definitely suggest giving these a try if you stay here) and there was a great assortment of bagels, pastries, muffins, etc. etc. The coffee is always on and the hotel itself is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is even a movie room and a game room for the kids (and parents!)The kids enjoyed a disney movie that they played one of the nights we were there. Thank you for another great weekend!

3  Thank LeahT
Reviewed 21 August 2006

The Old Field House is by far the best hotel in the North Conway/Intervale area. Close to hiking/cross country trails, skiing, restaurants & shopping - this hidden slice of paradise has it all. With the feel of visiting old friends; the owners provide a great intimate breakfast every morning for all the guests in the 25+ room Inn. The entire staff is extremely helpful in pointing you in the right direction or suggesting popular local attactions. I have been back at least a dozen times at this point after vacationing in the North Conway area for years, I have settled on the Old Field House.

2  Thank jayglenridge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Old Field House? Share your experiences!