“Best XC trails in White Mountains plus great facilities”

Jackson Ski Touring Foundation
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: Cross-country ski area on scenic grounds.
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Looking back on our winter of 2011-2012, it is easy to forget that there weren't enough skiable days to make it a memorable year. But I'll be back for 2013, 'cause Jackson Ski Touring is the longtime leader in Mt. Washington Valley. Staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful,. No matter who you are, TAKE A LESSON from Connie & her staff. She'll get you warmed up for the season ahead and improve your stride, your kick, or whatever it takes to make you ski better than before. Equipment rental is easy and inventory is deep. Let Dave fit you to the right size skiis, as standards have been upgraded.

Wax or waxless? I am too impatient to learn waxing and content with the limitations of waxless. But I always enjoyed watching Thom's Waxing Lesson, taught by the fireplace.

JXC haas a wide range of ski trails, from novice to intermediate and the expert-and/or-maniac set who ski from the top of Wildcat down to Jackson Village. Good to take a bear gun and a GPS locating beacon on that adventure.

There is snack food and hot cocoa at the XC Center, but Jackson is filled with bistros and delis and bars who welcome skiers. Stopping in at Christmas Farm Inn, Wildcat Tavern or J-Towne Deli is required!

Let me put a word in for Snowshoeing! Low fees, plenty of trails, terrific views & trails.

Enjoy Jackson Ski Touring -- its non-profit, so drop a Fiver in the contribution jar. And enjoy Jackson Village.

1  Thank Pizor

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Jackson Ski Touring is a wonderful place to ski with over a 100k of groomed trails with much varied terrain. You can ski the Ellis River Trail for a nice flat run along the river or go uphill for a few miles-then down-on the Hall Trail. They have excellent grooming capabilities for both classic and skate-skiing. We have been members for 16 years and are proud to have such a nice nordic ski center in our town.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

For my first time ever cross country skiing my boyfriend brought me here this past February. It was a great place, it was easy to get rentals and get out and skiing quickly. There was a good amount of snow and as a first time skier, I found the tracks easy to follow along in, although I think I might have been the only adult doing it, all I saw were little kids doing the same, but I guess everyone starts somewhere and I look forward to coming back next winter

Reviewed 23 May 2012

If you like x-country skiing, this is the place to go! We've been going for years and keep finding new trails to explore.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I have returned to Jackson NH to x-country ski in February for the past 5 years. With a covered bridge you drive over to enter the town, the area is like a picture postcard. There are many charming and romantic places to stay in the area and several wonderful restaurants. Between Jackson Ski Touring Foundation, Great Glen, Bear Notch and Bretton Woods within app 45 minutes of each other, we stay in Jackson and ski at a different place each day. There are several downhill ski areas within a 30 minute drive and great outlet shopping in North Conway approximately 45 minutes away. Snowshoeing or ice skating is usually a good 2nd option if ski conditions are not optimum. If you book an Inn in the area, ask if they have discount ticket rates for skiing.

1  Thank Enfieldwatersprite