“It's a treasure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Christmas Farm Inn & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Christmas Farm Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 13 Jackson B&B and Inns
Wallkill, New York
“It's a treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

Christmas Farm Inn & Spa

We stayed at the Christmas Farm Inn in Jackson, New Hampshire twice last year, first in the middle of March when the snow was still at its peak, then in June after the summer set in. Both visits were wonderful. In March we stayed in a well-appointed suite at the Carriage House, a newer structure with expansive views of the inn’s wooded property. The Carriage House also accommodates a world-class spa located on the lower level. Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing were our favored activities following country breakfasts served in the inn’s historical dining room—breakfasts which, by the way, always included scrumptious pastries. For our June visit we stayed in the Sugar House which is, in fact, a restored sugar house. Both the Carriage House suite and the Sugar House were beautifully decorated and the large baths included whirlpool tubs. During the June visit we took advantage of a little White Mountain hiking near Jackson along with some browsing in the town’s unique little shops—such a refreshing break from the mall scene. Meanwhile, the inn was basking in summer splendor while the hosts conducted a swim and chess camp for the town’s youngsters. In addition to immersion in community activities—and Jackson is a community worth exploring—the hosts, Cathi and Dana Belcher, provide excellent management ensuring a smooth and carefree stay at this little gem of a White Mountain resort.

The Christmas Farm Inn is truly a treasure. Accommodations are a number of charming older buildings, all historically restored and refurbished with modern amenities, along with newer structures which provide spacious suites, an amazing spa, and a glass-roofed pool building. Though much smaller in scale, the inn shares a special quality with the country’s remaining grand hotels—that is, there’s nothing quite like it.

• Liked — The setting, ambiance and unique character
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2009

We had a holday themed intaiamte wedding. I would highly reccomend this Inn for an overnight or an event such as a wedding. We had apoxinmately 40 family guests and it was perfectly sized. The Staff and serive was excellent! The place is very charming and romantic. The food was outstanding. We enoyed our day very much. It was exactly what we hoped for.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Kingston, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2009

My husband and I have 5 children and a weekend away was long overdue. We wanted some time to reconnect and the Christmas Farm Inn was recommended by friends. We had the most relaxing and pleasant stay. It was everything we wanted it to be. We stayed in the "Sugar Shack". The rooms were airy and comfortable, as well as attractive. Everything was clean and well maintained. The food was amazing. Breakfast was out of this world. We were pleased with the size of the portions and the presentation of the food was very appealing . The staff was pleasant and helpful. We felt welcomed by everyone we met. We look forward to staying at the Christmas Farm Inn again. It has become one of our favorite places.

• Liked — The views
  • Disliked — the tv in the room.....didn't need it
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Homer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2009

My wife and I planned a winter stay in NH. It was cold and plenty of snow. Our stay at the Christmas Farm Inn was every thing that we planned for and more. The room was a delight, with a sitting room with gasfire place and a wonderful view. The suite was clean, well lit and very confortable. The food at the Inn was first class and the staff very pleasant. We came away planning for a return trip in the spring. We had a delightful time.

• Liked — The total setting
  • Disliked — No stand in the bathroom for our med. bag
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tjkaler
Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2009

My husband and I had visited Jackson, NH for our 2nd anniversary the weekend of Dec. 6. I had read really good dining reviews for this inn and it was really close to where we were staying so I made dinner reservations. My overall expectations were very high and I wanted everything to be perfect for our romantic getaway. We walked in and were told it would just be a little while before we were seated because they just finished up after a very large party. We waited patiently in the tiny bar area. An hour later, we were greeted by an obviously irate and disheveled waitress with a bad attitude and sloppy demeanor. The dining room was a mess and everything in disarray. They didn't have menu choices that were advertised on their website which we were looking forward to. Our drinks never came which was curious since the waitress was busier cleaning the tables around us than actually waiting on us. In the lack of ambiance and silent dining room all I could hear is all the other tables around us also complaining about the horrible service and lack of menu items. We both ordered filet mignon but I was worried that they would be just as bad as everything else and even worse for $30 each. Finally, we got strange tasting rolls and a pitiful salad, no drinks and by the time we finished our salads I was so mad, we got up and left before our food ever came! I have never walked out of any place ever but this place made me that angry. And needless to say I didn't feel bad or guilty one bit except for those poor filet mignon's. I refused to pay for the worst dining experience ever when I had such high hopes and they were absolutely ruined by this terrible place. Before the night was completely ruined we went to the Wildcat Tavern which was very good. I feel bad for the people who actually had to stay at this inn as well as the people who actually ended up sitting through an awful dinner when I knew they were probably praising us for our bravery to actually walk out. I will never return again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bostonianz
boston,ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

The Christmas Farm Inn is a great location for a family ski vacation. Black Mountain is almost within walking distance for downhill and there are cross country adjacent to the property. The friendly staff make for a very family friendly atmosphere. A hearty breakfast is included with your room fare - and there always seems to be complementary fresh (and warm) baked goods in a plate by the coffee dispenser - the cinnamon donuts are FANTASTIC - just like grandma used to bake. The dining room also does a very good job with dinner. Finally, after a day of skiing, don't forget to checkout the heated pool/jacuzis. A perfect way to end the day. A plug for Black Mountain - though smaller than nearby Attitash and Wildcat, the terrain is easy enough for beginners yet has something to offer for every level of skiier - and the price is right. Really a perfect family mountain. The Inn offers discounted tickets to Black which will save you $9/adult - worth taking advantage of.

• Liked — Proximity to both downhill and cross country skiing
  • Disliked — If you stay downstairs in the out buildings, noisy guests upstairs may be a obnoxious
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mrymtg
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2009

I felt like we paid a lot for just an OK experience.

We stayed in Carriage House 6, the wheelchair accessible room. The room was very wheelchair accessible (lower bed, easy access to the bathroom sink, fold down bench in the shower).

We really enjoyed our massages at the spa, and the breakfast which is included (delicious homemade doughnuts). We didn't like the fact the one of the remote controls in the room didn't have batteries and they never got replaced (although they said they would take care of it). I agree with the other reviews about getting around the property; I didn't like that we had to get in the car to go to the main lodge to eat. We didn't go to the pool because it was hard to access (you had to drive to it - it in not connected to the spa).

The people were friendly, but easily overwhelmed when they had a line of people or the phones were ringing. The main lodge had a large step I had to be hauled up - so I would say that it is NOT accessible (which was never mentioned to me when I booked the accessible room).

Overall, I had to remind myself that I was coming from the city, and probably had too high expectations of a room that cost $300 a night.

• Liked — The room was so warm (literally, the heat was up high!)
  • Disliked — Driving to get around the property
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Wentworth
#1 of 13 in Jackson
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#6 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Christmas Farm Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!