“Great Location and Friendly Staff”

Wildcat Inn & Tavern
Ranked #8 of 13 Jackson B&B and Inns
Vernon, Connecticut
“Great Location and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed this past weekend on a special offer. I have stayed in the past and always have had a great experience with the room, staff, and the food. The inn is located in a classic building, with all the historic charm. They have done a fine job in preserving the classic charm and feel of the inn and the rooms are nicely appointed. The tavern is a great place to relax and talk over the days adventures. The full menu is avaliable in the tavern with a relaxed atmosphere. Food is excellent, some nights they have live music too. Overall I give the inn a thumbs up, and can't wait to return..

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wells,ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed this past weekend on a facebook deal staff was very friendly and helpful when making reservation this was for a offer of spend $75.00 on food and drink in the dinning room or tavern and your room is free. What a deal!!! Placed us in a very nice room had a wonderful prime rib dinner then went to the tavern for some drinks and entertainment. Staff was extremely helpfull and even pointed out some nice places to check out in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I had dinner here last week and must say that the service was amazingly slow despite the restaurant being almost empty. While the waitress was polite, it took a good 15 minutes to be greeted, over 30 for our appetizer to arrive, and another 15 for our main course. Unfortunately, the main courses were nothing out of the ordinary and overpriced. SO disappointed in the Wildcat! The bar area is fine for beer and pub grub (had a hamburger there once...) and the entertainment was good. But definitely not the place for a good meal :-(

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the igloo this week.
PROS:
It was in an adorable town and within the very pretty gardens of the inn. Having a two bedroom place was ideal for us and we enjoyed the character of the old ice house. There was plenty of space and it was well equipped for the most part. I also appreciated that it had air conditioners to get it a bit cooler after a hot day and then we could open the windows. It was a quiet spot despite some concerns we had about being next to the tavern.

CONS:
Well, it was basically the service and the sleeping sofa. My mother was on the sleeper sofa and it was just absurd, it in horrible shape, springs everywhere, and she just sunk into a little pit in the center when she was in it. The other problem was there were no pillows and blankets for her but we couldn't get one of the closets open no matter what. When we went to find out if there was a blanket she could use the service we received was humorously bad. I had to go back and ask several times and they couldn't come up with a single blanket. Finally, another guest offered up their blanket. Although it was fifty degrees that night we were told it w warm and she wouldn't need one. They almost couldn't have been less helpful.

This mimicked our service at the restaurant, which was something we will laugh about for a while. But sitting in the garden was lovely, too bad the food and service was so very bad.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank trientalis
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I just got back from my weekend stay at The Wildcat Inn and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. The hotel is located right on Main Street in Jackson New Hampshire. To get to the hotel you go under an amazing covered bridge, and the quaint town of Jackson and The Wildcat Inn pops right out at you. The property is absolutely stunning, from the mountain backdrop to the beautiful garden in back of the property. However what stands out more than anything is the service off the staff. Amber at the front desk was amazing. My first morning at the hotel she pointed me to the free coffee and fresh orange juice. She also pointed me next door to yesterdays for a great breakfast. I came back later on after exploring the beautiful town of Jackson and was amazed to see the Bar/Tavern area very lively. It seemed odd to me that the Tavern would be busy on a beautiful day, however when I met the staff it did not suprise me one bit. The bartender (who's name is escaping me at the moment) was very informative on the great selection of beer the tavern had. Jordan, the hostess was very friendly and is a true credit to this establishment. She informed me on where to go and what to do. However after having so much fun that afternoon, I knew the tavern would be my one and only stop later on. My room was room number 12 and it was awesome. I highly reccomend this room due to its beautiful views of the garden. The bed was super comfy and the room as a whole was very well appointed. The halls of the hotel are filled with amazing paintings and pictures, giving a very real feel to the property's history. Later that night I headed back to the downstairs for dinner. I was going to eat in the dining room, however due to my earlier experience at the tavern I chose to eat there instead. The dining room has a very old New England feel to it and is beyond beautiful. The Tavern was awesome and the food was great. Sandra the bartender was on point all night. The band was also very good playing mostly blues and classic rock. The Tavern got real lively and was alot of fun with a great mix of people. My favorite part of the tavern is they have an old ski chair as a seat for the table. The tavern decor was exposed wood, old pictures and plenty of seating. All and all a perfect stay I will be returning!!!

Room Tip: Room 12 is awesome.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Leonard B
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I mostly picked this place for the advertised price in the location I wanted to stay. When I called (they didn't respond to my reservation inquiry by e-mail), they said they were running a special, making the price even better. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. We were in room 5 at the top of the stairs. It was a double bed, but I didn't mind sharing the smaller space with my boyfriend for just one night. The TV and a couch were in an attached room and the bathroom was on the other side. Noise wasn't an issue for us and we found the staff to be very friendly. We ate dinner in the tavern. The food wasn't special, but it was good with very large portions. I think next time we would eat in the dining room. Both are really charming. My boyfriend subtracted points from our experience for the lack of WiFi, missing remote control for the television, and the fact that the toilet was right up against a side wall making it a bit of an uncomfortable sit. Despite these, I would rate our overall experience as a very good one--especially for the price--and would certainly go back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Oakdale, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I overheard them describing themselves on the phone as a “ski lodge with attitude”, I do think that they got the attitude part right! I would never recommend traveling here and would suggest saving your money. I would have suggested you stay at their sister location… however I was informed by the Wildcat staff “They have ants too!”

PRO’S:
Price was good
Food was good
Service in tavern was good
Allows pets

CON’S:
Very poor customer service, inn staff was VERY rude
No amenities that you would expect like air (it was very early in the season for air so we understand that it was not yet installed, however a nice fan or screens in all of the windows would have been helpful)
$30.00 per night for your pet to stay
Ant infestation
Poor water pressure
Bathroom could have been cleaner
13” TV was blurry and remote didn’t work