“Great local place to warm up in the cold of winter”

Wildcat Inn & Tavern
Ranked #8 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We visited this tavern last winter, and it has an excellent mountain tavern feel. Great food and drink menu with plenty of brews on tap. My girlfriend and I ordered an app and she enjoyed a couple delicious seasonal martinis, and I sampled a couple different beers. They had the fireplace going with a very entertaining band. The service was great and took time to ask us about our stay and wish us the best on our trip. The manager came by and also made sure we were enjoying our time. We would highly recommend this place for any couple or small group of people looking for somewhere to go enjoy a few drink and listen to some live music but in a small local atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Having found this restaurant on the internet we booked a table when we arrived in Jackson.We arrived on time and were shown to our table,no table cloth and odd cutlery.OTT waiter, who got the drinks order completely wrong which only arrived after we went to front of house after half an hour to ask where our drinks were.The meal did arrive together which on other tables they did not.The chips with my meal were cold the burger however was good,my wife's meal was tasty Prawns and rice,the rice was cold.We did get a free dessert.Training is needed on how to server tables and most of all he could not open a bottle of wine he made a complete mess of it

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We didn't stay at the inn but walked over to eat on the recommendation of a friend. We chose to eat in the tavern, rather than the dining room. On Fridays they have an all-you-can-eat fish fry, so of course we had to try that. We sat near the bar but were soon overrun by a wedding party and had to switch to another table. The staff was excellent and worked hard to keep up with us after we moved tables and to make sure we were helped. The fish was very generously sized and tasted excellent. The live music was not too loud and we were able to have a conversation with the couple next to us. We enjoyed our experience fully!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PattiS108
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our first impressions were good - lovely large warm room in characterful building . We quickly discovered though that not everything worked. The thermostat in the room needed a new battery (which was supplied when we pointed it out) and the sink in the bathroom did not drain away for ages. We stayed for two nights and the only "cleaning" which was done was straightening of the towels and bed (when she came in to change the battery). The toilet and sink were not cleaned. We only saw one member of staff (the owner) apart from the in the restaurant (which was much better). This was one of our more expensive hotels on our trip and definitely not good value. Good location in the centre of Jackson, a charming ski village.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I read mixed review on this place but decided to stay anyway.

My husband and I went for our anniversary and stayed in Inn Suite #9. The room was great! I was amazed at how large the sitting area was and the bedroom was fine as well. There is a closet in the room to store your luggage or whatever you need. The bathroom was a bit awkward and small. There isn't any room or shelving to put your things. We just kept ours on the bureau outside, until we were ready to use our things. The shower was fine and everything was clean throughout.

The inn is a beautiful place. The gardens and dining & tavern rooms are nice as well. No, it's not some upscale spa, just a nice comfortable inn. If you are looking for the perfect bathroom, stay at the Marriott!

I read that the staff wasn't friendly. We found the complete opposite. We were offered help bringing in our things several times by several employees. Amber couldn't have been nicer! We asked for directions to the falls and she took us outside, showed us the way, gave some other tips on things to do in the area. She was great! I don't remember the other staff member's name but we had her as our waitress and then saw her cleaning rooms. She was fantastic as well.

The tavern was amazing!! It's a cute place with a great selection of beers, wines and alcohol. Jim, the bartender, was as nice as could be even though he was busy. I'm disappointed we weren't able to stay for the band because I heard they were fantastic. We were just too tired and full.

As for dinner at the inn, you can order off the same menu in either the dining room or tavern. We chose the inn as the tavern was noisy when we got there, as it should be! Our dinner was great! My husband had the salmon and I had steak tips. I got enough rice for 3 people with my dinner. The one thing I have to recommend is the lobster and sweet corn quesadilla. Oh my, it was one of the most delicious things I have had in a long time!!

We would definitely stay again at the Wildcat Inn and Tavern!

Room Tip: There wasn't a lot of street noise, but If noise bothers you, ask for a room on the back side of...
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Try to avoid this room at all costs!
Free WiFi (just doesn't reach the room)
You need to ask to have your room cleaned!
My phone has a bigger screen than the TV in the room which barely worked.
Checked in on Fri & left on Sun, never saw one employee of the Inn

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this characterful inn, it wasn't too busy although it was the fall season. It looks like it will really jump at a week end in the ski season. Bear this in mind if you want a quiet room and ask for a room away from the bar.

It is an old building and everything creaks and groans, the room was old and a bit tired, the floor boards around the radiators had suffered from a longstanding leak and needed attention,but it is clean and tidy. We had a small suite that was comfortable and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The bar food was good and the ambience in the bar fine.

The fact that breakfast wasn't included was disappointing and this made for a relatively expensive stay, although a Danish and orange juice were available to guests in the morning. The Yesterday's cafe next door was good for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Wentworth
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Wildcat Inn & Tavern? Share your experiences!