“Brilliant night”

Wildcat Inn & Tavern
Ranked #8 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed in their annex, needs an upgrade but was clean, comfy and suited our needs.
The restaurant was great with good food and nice atmosphere, the staff happy to help and made sure as guests we got a table quickly. Good location, and easy parking. Nice out door seating. Great to have the choice of proper resturant or bar area for eating.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Wildcat Inn & Tavern

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our second visit this year (last time was in Feb – see previous review). We had a restaurant.com coupon also. It was a Friday night and there were about six other tables busy. We were seated promptly and ordered drinks, which took quite a while to arrive. My drink came first but my husband’s lemonade took even longer to arrive. We ordered an appetizer – potato skins with bacon on the side. We waited and waited and saw other tables getting their food so called over the waitress to cancel the appetizer to only then be told they had to redo it because the kitchen had not put the bacon on the side. She said it was ready now so we went ahead and ate it. It was good but would have liked to have known about the reason for the long delay. We ordered salads and entrees and advised up front that we wanted to finish the salads first before our meals arrived. That did happen this time but the wait between was way too long. Finally the entrees arrived. My husband had ordered steak tips with creamed broccoli and rice pilaf – all very tasty and good portions. I ordered the Haddock supper with lobster/crab stuffing which was excellent. We decided to skip coffee and desserts since we felt we had already been there too long and not sure how long it would take to get those. The chef, Richard, visited several of the tables to check how everything was – which was a nice touch. He said he had only been there about 4 months and was very interested in our feedback and making the place even better. Atmosphere is cozy rustic even with the very loud a/c in the corner. Overall the food was excellent but service could and should be better. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coco1231
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Terrible service and mediocre food. Very expensive and the dinner was terrible and diners seated close by we're experiencing the same. Waitress very nice and apologetic . Do not order the crab cakes or ask for anything that doesn't come with your plate. Better yet, just don't go there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 115Lulu
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had become stranded in Conway, NH a few years back and someone recommended the Wildcat Inn in Jackson. We loved it! We stayed two nights this visit and enjoyed every minute. The Inn is adjacent to the the tavern and the rooms are cozy and quiet, despite the live music several nights a week. (There are 'tavern rooms' above the bar for late-nighters.) Our windows opened up on the rear garden which is gorgeous! We had dinner and drinks in the tavern both nights and the food was very good. I had the last watermelon margarita, and it was delicious! The staff is friendly and very helpful. There are many sights to see within walking distance, including the falls, a museum and the Jackson Covered Bridge. Yesterday's is a good restaurant two doors down for breakfast, and several little shops to browse. They have four season appeal, especially accommodating the skiers in winter, and fly fishers in summer. Mt. Washington Auto Road is close, as well as moose safaris (we saw moose and black bear), and 'Storyland' for the kids. It is 100% non-smoking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have cozy gas fireplaces. Inn suites are larger with a sitting room and in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Cool little Inn and Tavern. We haven't stayed here but I would. The Tavern was fantastic and the food was very good, creative (lobster quesadilla rolls!). The staff was helpful and accommodating. I would plan a trip here...it's clean and the Owner (or Manager) was very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't book a room over the Tavern if you want to go to bed early, it gets loud on or near the we...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alwaysontheroad2008
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Second time dining at the Inn. Dining room is classy yet casual. Food was great and service warm and welcoming. I had the halibut which was a winner. We went on there two for one night and the dining room was busy. Great value. Will go back next time we're in Jackson.

Room Tip: Didn't stay just dined at the hotel.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CanuckontheGo56
Reviewed 18 July 2014

All I can say is I experienced the worst service I ever had in my life. 15 minutes to get a drink. Got my soup and then my meal came out 2 seconds after that. I had to ask for my salad and salad dressing.plus got no bread on top of it. My meal was sub-par nothing to brag about. Probally will never eat there again. Went to the bar afterwards, they do have a good bourbon selection and the service there was much better.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Lodge at Bretton Woods
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
Top Notch Inn
Top Notch Inn
#1 of 7 in Gorham

Been to Wildcat Inn & Tavern? Share your experiences!