My wife and I began our 10-day New England trip with 3 nights at the Carter Notch Inn, and it proved to be a perfect starting point. The B&B itself is lovely and set off the beaten path in the quaint village of Jackson. Sally and Dick are the perfect hosts for newbees to the area, and moreover, first timers to New England from the Midwest (St. Louis). They seem to geniunely love doing what they do. They are attentive without being at all overbearing. Dick had terrific suggestions for hikes and meal places, and he was a delightful sense of humor. Sheri and I are private introverts, but felt very comfortable. We took full advantage of the complementary wine and beer they keep always available in the guest fridge following our days of hiking. We are dog lovers and Dudley won us over. He's a big lovable lug. Sheri loves cats, and Lulu showed her a little attention, though in cat-like form, just a little. Loved sitting on the front porch in the morning after our tasty and filling breakfasts (but not too filling). One very minor suggestion. Sheri loves strong/dark coffee, where just a breakfast blend was offered. We were also blessed with perfect Fall weather. Thanks!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Bed and Breakfast located in the quaint New England village of Jackson, New Hampshire, overlooking the Wildcat River and Eagle Mountain Golf Club. In the heart of the White Mountains and close to the Mt. Washington Auto Road. Year round outdoor hot tub, full country breakfasts & quiet location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Carter Notch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carter Notch Hotel Jackson
- Carter Notch Inn Jackson, NH - White Mountains