The Carter Notch Inn made it clear "couples only and zero noise tolerance" is expected. If you are traveling in a group of 4 or more steer clear. We spent the 2/10-12/2006 weekend at the Carter Notch Inn as a group of 8. We are in our late forties and up. The innkeepers stated SIX times Friday night duing our arrival quiet was expected. We would have preferred they declined our reservations. Little did we realize what an uncomfortable weekend was in store! Friday night we were all in by 11 PM. Saturday evening we gathered in the living room for some wine and cheese and the Innkeepers apologized to newly arriving guests that it was "never this way". Upon returning at 10:30 PM we went quietly up stairs and were watching TV when they knocked on the door and said to keep it down. One of our party was in the room next door reading and did not hear talking or the TV. Carter Notch is a nice place for 2 and a place to read. Our group got the hint Friday night and tried but the weekend was uncomfortable and not worth a repeat - even as a twosome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Bed and Breakfast located in the quaint New England village of Jackson, New Hampshire, overlooking the Wildcat River and Eagle Mountain Golf Club. In the heart of the White Mountains and close to the Mt. Washington Auto Road. Year round outdoor hot tub, full country breakfasts & quiet location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carter Notch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carter Notch Hotel Jackson
- Carter Notch Inn Jackson, NH - White Mountains