“Jackson Weekend”

Type: Other
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jackson Weekend”
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Stayed three nights in a full villa. Accomodations were very clean and spacious. Property was fantastic. Skating pond like no other and the warming hut with open fire and hot chocolate were great. The property at night is magical. The staff was very friendly when our group of eight went on a horse drawn sleigh ride. Nice that they give guests staying on site free skate rentals, snow shoes, and a free sleigh ride. Although it was so nice we would have gladly paid. Saved our group well over $200 for the weekend. If your looking for a Rockwell setting in a resort that has a local friendly feel look no further.

The only issue we had was with the wi fi service when we checked in. The staff responded quickly and had it fixed by morning. Outdoor hot tubs would be a nice add (there was a nice two person indoor hot tub in the upstairs bath) but now I am getting a bit to picky. If your looking for some real quality family tstay and lasting memories stay here.

1 Thank ctriley

Goffstown, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very cozy, quaint sleigh ride. Feels too short”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I spent Valentine's weekend at Nordic Village down the road in their grand master sweet at the chateaus (AMAZING suite by the way) and this sleigh ride was the icing on the cake that was the perfect weekend. I had taken the sleigh ride a few times as a kid with my family. Now I am 22 and I brought my girlfriend for a private ride. The public ride is only 18.50 a person, however I did not want to risk being stuck with loud children so I paid 99.00 to have a private ride. Our sleigh driver, Zack, was very friendly and helpful. We were also given a complimentary bottle of champagne, it helped make it worth the money, but its still pricey for the seclusion. I would still pay and do it again though. We both enjoyed the ride very much and did not let a little rain spoil our time at all. Even though the ride was a half hour long, it only felt like five minutes. Afterwards we stood by the fire, walked around the property, and pet the horses near the parking area. Overall, I would say the sleigh rides are definitely worth going on, but if you want the private ride for you and your significant other be prepared to dig a little deeper into your pockets.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank JephWyte
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The perfect little hole in the wall!”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Whatever you do don't listen to that other review. They must hate EVERYTHING to not love this place. I'm a ten year old that went ice skating with my family and loved it. It was a winter wonder land. It was a three acre victorion skating park. Afterwards we warmed up next to a roaring fire with a cup of hot coco in a fully enclosed warming center. The service was friendly and grateful. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

1 Thank Abbybythesea
Agawam
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sleigh ride that didn't happen”
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Booked a sleigh ride 1 month in advance and was charged $162 for 9 adults and 3 children under 3. Arrived at 5:50 for our 6:00 o'clock ride. While in line to pick up our tickets a woman arrived visibly upset at losing her wallet on the previous ride. The 1 clerk on duty took down her name and phone # and then she waited on me. She gave me a ticket and got on the radio to say we had arrived. She told us to follow the lighted path to the fire. After waiting by the fire until 6:25 I asked a worker there about our ride. He looked at the ticket I had and informed me that the 6:00 ride had already gone. He said he could put us on the 6:45 ride but that our party might have to be split up. After loading the 3 sleighs we were informed that there was no room for us. When I went back to the front desk to complain and asked to speak to the manager. I was told to go out for dinner and that he would call us. 2 hours later I called back and was told the manager was busy. No refund or phone call from anyone in management was ever received. I hope fate takes care of this manager and his rude staff. I would rather walk 100 miles in the desert than take 1 step on this property again.

8 Thank jimssheridan