“Home away from home”
Review of RiverWood Inn

RiverWood Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The greatest disappointment we suffered at RiverWood Inn was the fact that we couldn't stay longer! James and Susan were the consummate hosts, making us feel welcome from the time we walked in the door. Their inn has been beautifully furnished and decorated, and it was immaculately clean. The recently renovated dining area is wonderful, and breakfast, each day, was a treat. The location is perfect, a few steps away from Jackson's groomed, cross-country ski system of trails, and we walked to dinner, each night we were there.

Susan and James have managed to make RiverWood a home away from home. We've been spoiled, and our plans include returning for more of the same!

Bev M

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Inn last weekend and it was wonderful. Susan 7 James have done a great with their rennovations and decorating. New beds, linens, and great pillows. We were there with several friends and they made us right at home. Did I mention the breakfast, yup we didn't leave anything on the plate. you're in for a treat. We'll be back. Barry S

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I called this home for our 6 day stay in the White Mtns. We have stayed at a number of B&B's and this place is great. Good location for all the fall colors and exploring. An added benefit that I was able to fly fish on the back edge of the property every morning. Great breakfasts, plenty of local information. James and Susan are some of the finest travel companions we have met. When we return this will be where we stay. As stated in a number of other reviews this Inn is extremely clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife and I visited the inn for a weekend get away. We stay in Jackson on an annual basis. This was one of the best Inn's we have stayed at in the area. We stayed in the Carriage House, it was large, clean and nicely furnishes. We enjoyed the kitchen area for a place to relax.
Susan and James were fantastic Inn Keepers. From the time we arrived to when we left they were there for us. The breakfast were very enjoyable, and relaxing.
We will stay at the Inn on our next trip to Jackson.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at RiverWood Inn for six nights in early October and I loved everything about this inn and the wonderful Susan & James! The entire place is immaculate. My room (7) was beautifully decorated, the bed, linens and pillows oh-so-cozy and plenty of space to hang up clothes and unpack in the bureau.

I also appreciated having the shelves in the bathroom and places to put all my stuff, as I was there for a week and brought LOTS. The towels are plush, the soaps are nice too.

My room had a small refrigerator, small TV, two sitting chairs and a whirlpool tub as well. My only regret is not using the tub after hiking!

The breakfast each morning was superb. My favorite was the amazing French toast. The coffee was French pressed and once I figured out how to pour it, I enjoyed that special touch.

It was quiet in the evenings and morning as well. I never heard any of the other guests while in my room.

RiverWood is in a great location too. You can walk to the nearby restaurants, shops and Jackson Falls. It's close enough to the hustle of North Conway for a quick (or long) trip, but nice to return to the quiet serenity of RiverWood and Jackson Village. It's also a good home base for lots of hiking or skiing in the area.

My favorite part of staying at RiverWood was sitting in the downstairs living room by the fire each night chatting with James & Susan and other new friends I made on this trip.

I highly recommend staying at RiverWood, it's obvious James & Susan are dedicated to making everyone's stay a special one!

Room Tip: Room 7 has wonderful views of the mountains, is spacious enough and has plenty of places to unpack y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hero715
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This B&B is in a perfect location for exploring the White Mountains in New Hampshire -- just outside of the crowds in Conway, and close to some excellent restaurants and the roads through the national forest. Breakfasts were outstanding and Susan and James were accommodating to dietary restrictions.

Stay in the main inn for very quiet rooms -- it's an older building, but very solidly built so we didn't hear much of anything outside our own room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had a terrific stay at the RiverWood in July and are looking forward to returning, hopefully this winter, to enjoy the Inn again and all the surrounding area has to offer. Susan and James are the most gracious hosts and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The breakfasts they prepared were delicious and we loved the fruit with crème fraiche and the french toast! Our room was lovely, the bed comfy and as is the rest of the Inn, immaculate and beautifully decorated. Make sure you take time to stroll down to the river behind the Inn, it's so peaceful and serene! When you are done there, it's just a short stroll to the shops in town. We really enjoyed meeting and getting to know Susan and James during our stay, they are so nice and very thoughtful! We felt so comfortable here and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple