This will be an effusive review. We love lot of old inns and B&Bs, but Riverwood is our new favorite. The bed was glorious - a huge 4 poster king - and so magically comfortable. The room was lovely and tasteful with a large arched opening to an adjacent space with a window seat and claw-foot tub which we enjoyed. The house is a perfect blend of antique, homey, elegant and comfortable with fabulous artwork and beautiful interiors (as you'd expect from an architect host.) And the new addition with is soaring cathedral ceiling and expansive windows on all sides is about as beautiful as the breakfasts are delicious - not your average good breakfast but a blend of traditional and creative/gourmet! individual french press coffee is a personal touch too. We used the ski shed to store and wax our skis, and then hopped right on the groomed trails by the door that directly connect to literally miles and miles of excellent beautiful trails managed by Jackson XC Center. James can provide ski passes at at discount too! Can recommend this inn more earnestly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the White Mountains, just across the covered bridge in Jackson Village, you'll find RiverWood Inn - Jackson's newest old inn. With over 130 years of history, and after six months of renovations we are pleased to offer you a lodging experience of understated elegance. RiverWood is a Bed and Breakfast Inn located on over five acres of tended lawns, wild fields, and rolling woodlands. Shaded pathways lead to our private Wildcat River frontage, complete with a natural pebble beach, swimming hole and trout-filled riffles. Please come and stay with us, relax, and enjoy New England hospitality at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your RiverWood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village House Hotel Jackson
- RiverWood Inn Jackson, NH - White Mountains