“First Rate Accomadations”

Snowflake Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Saco, Maine
Reviewed 9 June 2006

Our stay at the Snowflake Inn was nothing short of perfect. You,ve heard of the expression, "It was so clean you could eat off the floors", it applies at this Inn. Sue, the Innkeeper, made us feel like family during our entire stay. I would highly recommend taking advntage of the continental brerakfast as it offers fresh fruit and some of the best scones, muffins, and other delites I have ever eaten. Be sure to try the incredible chocolate chip cookies too.
Bottom line, try this Inn for yourself and pay no attention to the bad reviews or you'll be cheatting yourself out of an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Charlestown, MA
Reviewed 4 June 2006

My new fiance' (thank you Snowflake) & I just got home from a weekend at the Snowflake. We loved everything about the Inn. It was everything that we wanted for a romantic weekend. It was quiet, incredibly clean, & the Innkeepers & staff were amazing. The hottub in the room was perfect for two. We loved the couples massage. The spa was fabulous. We truly loved everything about out stay. It was a perfect place to get engaged. We will recommend the Snowflake wholeheartedly to any couple in search of a quiet, romantic, get-away. Hopefully, we will spend many aniversaries at the Inn.

I've read some of the unflattering reviews on this site. I really don't understand them at all. They don't sound at all like the Inn that I just spent an amazing weekend at. They also all sound really similar- like they were written by the same disgruntled person. Truly, truly pay no attention to the negative reviews. I'm typically a tough reviewer and cannot find anything negative to say at all.

Stay at the Snowflake. You'll love it.

• Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 May 2006

After reading most of the posts on this site I felt like an ax was grinding somewhere in northern New Hampshire thus I felt compelled to add our thoughts. The Snowflake Inn is a wonderful get away that has to be experienced. It is relatively new (two years old) and still has that brand new feel to it. I don't understand how someone would feel they were treated coldly. We are not novice travellers and felt right at home. Our initial tour was short, to the point and just right after a long drive. We thought the continental breakfast was fine and there was a restaurant right accross the street which was very good as well.

The pool was fine. I did not go there to swim and it's more like a giant jacuzzi anyway.
The staff was always helpful and very generous. They asked often if they could help and pointed out numerouus points of interest in the area that may not show up on travel sites. There is little doubt that this is a romantic getaway and when it pretains to romantic that usually means some time will be spent inside. The rooms are clean and spacious. The weekend we stayed, there was a group of people with disabilities staying at the Inn and I only saw every effort to help these people some who were in wheelchairs. The only noise we heard at night was the slamming of doors which happens automaticaly as a safety measure (when you let the door go it slams shut). My wife and I have no qualms about recommending the Snowflake Inn as a fine romantic interlude in a stressful life.

Constructive critism should always be welcome. As should praise when due. This site can be very carving and we did not see any of the before mentioned. Well done Snowflake Inn.

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank ktr1805
Carver, MA
Reviewed 30 April 2006

Jackson was beautiful. The inn was okay, but I do agree with some of the other complaints about the accomodations. All and all it was a good trip until we got home. The inn keeper quoted us one price over the phone, but then charged us a higher price. When we called to discuss this, the inn keeper was unfriendly, unapologetic, and blamed the whole problem on us. She would not compromise with us in ANY WAY and insulted our intelligence. Therefore we are stuck paying the extra money. Because of her unprofessional attitude, we are NEVER going back to the inn and we reccommend that you should beware of choosing this as your vacation spot. You may have a decent time at the inn, but if you have any problems or complaints, don't expect the inn keeper to be helpful or understanding.

• Stayed: April 2006
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 April 2006

I first booked a 2 night mid-week stay and a few days later called back to get a price for a third night. The man on the phone gave me a price of $100 for the third night. I was going to check with my husband and call back but after he emphasized what a great deal that was, I agreed and reserved the third night. When we arrived at the inn, we found out from the innkeeper, Sue, that the third night had not been reserved. No problem, the room was available – for $270!! When we told her the man we spoke with reserved the room for $100, she said that was her husband and “Gary doesn’t know how to work the desk. He’s a golfer.” She repeated this several times which made us wonder what would happen to Gary later on. She refused to honor the price and said she’d split the difference with us but then offered a price that was no where near half of the difference. We reiterated that the original price should be honored and she offered the third night for $175. At this point we were tired of haggling and agreed.

We then got the tour of the Inn complete with a condescending lecture. We have no problem with there being a set of house rules but did not appreciate being treated as if we were likely to break them.

The next day we went to the front desk to book our dinner and massages. Gary was working the desk. As we’re talking to him, Sue spies us and practically runs across the room to take over for him. It was almost comical.

The room at the inn was very nice. We stayed in the Gazebo Suite. We did not experience a noise problem as others have mentioned, possibly because we were on the second floor and the inn was not busy. The 2 sided gas fireplace, Jacuzzi, and the 2 person shower were all very nice. We liked that the inn catered to adults and was non-smoking. However, the issues with the innkeeper will keep us from going back.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank Laurie B
Boston Mass
Reviewed 24 April 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Inn this past weekend and WOW was it wonderful. Beign a working Mom we never have had a weekend away (without kids!) and my husband surprised me with a trip up to Jackson NH. The Inn is beautiful furnishes, with a spectacular spa pool. We had a much needed time away,and couldn't be moire satisfied with the choice we made. Going back again this fall.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Snowflke Inn. We had never been there before, but last year my daughter and I stopped in and had a little tour and I decided that it would be a nice place to stay.
We do travel quite often and I must say that The Snowflake Inn is now one of our favorite places.
The Innkeeper and staff are VERY friendly and welcoming. The continental breakfasts were excellent, very fresh and soooo good! There was always a fresh pot of coffee, regular or decaf. Tea and espresso also available.The afternoon cookies (or brownies) were so yummy we went back for more!.
We found the room to be quiet with lots of sun, and the sound of the creek was wonderful with the window open. I found the sitting room to be a great place to read while my husband watched television.
We are looking forward to returning in June to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary.

5  Thank earthgoods13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to Snowflake Inn? Share your experiences!