“Not Impressed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I have eaten at the Wildcat Tavern 2-3 times now and I don't think we will go again. It's ok in a pinch but the food is typical pub food and nothing to write home about. Hard benches throughout the pub, not a soft inviting chair to be found. The view is nice with all the windows in front. Not bad in the Fall when it is chilly and they have a fire going. The pizza is good. Was not impressed with the one meal we ate in the Inn either. I got the short rack of ribs if I remember correctly and I did not care for the sauce. Ended up sending the whole meal back. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Friends I was visiting who live a few miles up the road from Jackson suggested meeting at Wildcat for the first night I was in town. Both of my friends work in the outdoor industry (as is the case for many people in the series of small towns around Pinkham Notch) and had been to Wildcat many times for the free past feed they offer winter workers from the various ski and mountain establishments that provide most of the business for the area.

Wildcat is a series of interconnected rooms so while rather large, you don't feel like you are eating in a barn. Service was attentive and helpful without being overwhelming. The menu is just the size you would expect for what is essentially tavern food. They offer about 8 or 10 main courses for people who want a whole dinner and a similarly sized sandwich menu.

I went with the very generous burger which was cooked exactly as I like it. Since it was pretty large and juicy this was a knife-and-fork sandwich but was delicious. A nice side salad finished out the dinner for me and the whole thing came in at around $20 for a very satisfying meal after a long day on the road.

There was live music that we could hear from several rooms away so I would not recommend sitting close to the performer if you want to have conversation with your dinner companions.

They also mentioned that they were having a lobster special on Tuesday night that was so amazing, I would have gone back if I had still been in town.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My friend and I were recommended to go to Wildcat Inn & Tavern for their lobster and their atmosphere. We are from Quebec, and want5ed a place to go that served lobster and had a varied menu. the staff and service were amazing and we were quite pleased and are planning our 2nd trip to New Hampshire with going to Wildcat Inn & Tavern for sure!

1  Thank Andrea K
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We enjoyed a bite to eat here on a quiet weekday evening. The food was fresh and delicious. We picked our menu choices off the special "two meals for one price" menu and we're not disappointed with the salmon and the chicken. Others there ordered the lobster special which also looked good. This place must get busy during ski season, but we enjoyed the quiet evening in this fun place.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

After 4 strikes of poor, rude, service, and poor food, we've given up on the Wildcat Inn & Tavern. The Pub may be a different story where one used to be able to get a great burger, but what used to be upscale dining is no more in the restaurant.