“Refreshing and friendly!”

Wildcat Inn and Tavern
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Refreshing and friendly!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I have been here twice, first time we sat inside at the bar and enjoyed cold drafts and appetizers after a long hike. The next time, we sat outside with a group of friends and our dogs, both times we received excellent, friendly service- which to me is just as important as the food! Over the top service, good food and cold brews. This will become one of our regular stops.

• Visited June 2014

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Lobster prepared poorly”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

How can you go wrong with a 2 lobsters for $16.99. Well you can at Wildcat. My friend and I have shared many, many lobsters over the years. Wildcat managed to undercook them significantly. When it was served with black gook coming out, we were told it was tomalley by the manager-not so, it wasn't tomalley which is green or roe which is red when properly cooked. Wildcat has managed to mess up lobster, one of the easiest food to prepare.

On the other hand the waitress tried very hard to make it right and was very pleasant.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank estesq
Dover, NH
“Pet friendly, great service”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome service from Ben, who first got water for our 2 dogs. Wonderful food in the outdoor English type garden. Great end to a long day hiking...

1 Thank Ljcarrot
Augusta, Maine
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I have eaten at the Wildcat Tavern 2-3 times now and I don't think we will go again. It's ok in a pinch but the food is typical pub food and nothing to write home about. Hard benches throughout the pub, not a soft inviting chair to be found. The view is nice with all the windows in front. Not bad in the Fall when it is chilly and they have a fire going. The pizza is good. Was not impressed with the one meal we ate in the Inn either. I got the short rack of ribs if I remember correctly and I did not care for the sauce. Ended up sending the whole meal back. Very disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good food and fun.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Friends I was visiting who live a few miles up the road from Jackson suggested meeting at Wildcat for the first night I was in town. Both of my friends work in the outdoor industry (as is the case for many people in the series of small towns around Pinkham Notch) and had been to Wildcat many times for the free past feed they offer winter workers from the various ski and mountain establishments that provide most of the business for the area.

Wildcat is a series of interconnected rooms so while rather large, you don't feel like you are eating in a barn. Service was attentive and helpful without being overwhelming. The menu is just the size you would expect for what is essentially tavern food. They offer about 8 or 10 main courses for people who want a whole dinner and a similarly sized sandwich menu.

I went with the very generous burger which was cooked exactly as I like it. Since it was pretty large and juicy this was a knife-and-fork sandwich but was delicious. A nice side salad finished out the dinner for me and the whole thing came in at around $20 for a very satisfying meal after a long day on the road.

There was live music that we could hear from several rooms away so I would not recommend sitting close to the performer if you want to have conversation with your dinner companions.

They also mentioned that they were having a lobster special on Tuesday night that was so amazing, I would have gone back if I had still been in town.

• Visited May 2014