Dana Place Inn
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Loveley place to stay! Feels like home away from home! Clean quiet and reasonably priced! Dana and his wife were such gracious hosts! I loved the sitting room with large fieldstone fireplace! I visited in the hot summer, and imagined the fireplace crackling on a cold winters day! They also offered continental breaktfast which included homeade granola and fresh fruit and yogurt.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We really messed up staying here and are thankful we only stayed two nights instead of the three originally booked. This is a poorly run operation - little to no staff around, no way to access the indoor pool - room keys don't work and good luck finding a staff person, had to find a staff person to get ice. My husband and I were one of 3 couples for one night and the only couple the next night. The overall feel of the place is dark, musty and old. It could be quaint if run well. We were told upon arriving back from a long day of hiking that our room couldn't be cleaned because the maintenance man took all of the keys with him, so no clean room. Asked for and got clean towels, came to lobby for the afternoon tea and there was none set out - guess if there are only 2 guests it's not worth the trouble. Too many small issues added up to an overall negative experience. The only positive was the food - compliments to the chef. A waste of our money for sure and it's a shame because the location is perfect for all the White Mountains have to offer.

3  Thank Stephwall
Reviewed 22 August 2012

OK place, but expected more for the price. To start with it is generally run down and badly in need of renovation. Also, there is an absentee owner and nobody in charge. Food was excellent. If, you could find someone at the front desk, they were not very helpful. Best person there was a 17 year old kid. wine and cheese in the afternoon was lemonade, no wine. There was a very cute squirrel that had the run of the dining room,but most health inspectors would not think he was so cute. There are much nicer places in Jackson for less money.

1  Thank Bfroadking
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My grandson, son and I stayed here for two nights chiefly to go to Storyland. I was also interested in going in the river with one of the Inns inner tubes. We brought the Storyland package. I thought it was worth the money. The location of the Inn was also great as it was set off the road away from towns. Highlights would be the food, private access to the river, and hospitality of the staff. The room met our needs but there was definitely a hot water pressure issue which should be addressed. If you want a comfortable room just for sleeping, it works. If you want a room to hang out in with a big TV this is not your place. Then again people do not go to the White Mountains to stay in their rooms.. Dana Place Inn promised much with the package we bought and they followed through on everything. We would go again. Definitely a place for children

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed breakfast, and dinner there. Historical rooms and ambiance was relaxing.