We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The location was idyllic. Prettily situated beside the Ellis River, it was very quiet and yet an easy walking distance to the centre of Jackson (and the covered bridge). Frank and Lyn Norris greeted us with such warmth and helped carry our luggage up to our room. The rooms aren’t big, but are certainly beautifully decorated, appointed and very clean. We especially like the fireplace in the rooms and loved the ambiance it provided. As we were visiting during the busy autumn time, we had the pleasure of staying in two rooms, the Nancy Cascade and the Arethusa Falls which were both lovely, though the Nancy Cascade is smaller. The pretty bathrooms were on the small side and the hand basin was in the room which we found was great if someone just wanted to clean their teeth while the another person was using the bathroom – no waiting. The home cooked breakfasts were delicious and the afternoon treat of freshly baked cookies was eagerly awaited. After the days adventures, we enjoyed spending time in the bar/billiard room with its open fire and friendly banter between the guests. All the staff we meet during our stay were so welcoming and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble, you had only to ask. Frank and Lyn Norris provide a home away from home for all their guests and we loved chatting to the Innkeeper, Christine, with her sense of fun and good humour and who never tires making sure that her guests are having an enjoyable stay. There was a feeling of family here, especially as we were there when the Inn was setting up its entry into the area’s Halloween display competition. We would come back late at night to find the staff still working under lights to set up their Cinderella scene. Such wonderful memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the quaint town of Jackson, the Inn at Ellis River offers elegant, country lodging for you in the NH White Mountains. Whether celebrating a special occasion or looking for the perfect vacation getaway, our Inn offers ideal accommodations. We offer standard rooms and suites, most with fireplaces, many with Jacuzzis and balconies, some with direct views of the Ellis River. Each room has a view of the pool or the picturesque mountains near the inn. Enjoy the nearby waterfalls, trout streams and hiking trails to Mt. Washington. In the winter enjoy many cross country and alpine ski opportunities in the immediate and nearby ski locations. Voted "Best Bed & Breakfast" in The Conway Daily Sun's "100 Best of 2017 Mount Washington Valley". Reserve today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Inn at Ellis River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Ellis River Hotel Jackson
- Inn At Ellis River Jackson, NH - White Mountains