“What a place”
Review of Inn at Ellis River

Inn at Ellis River
Ranked #1 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had a wedding to go to in North Conway and made and booked a room at the Thor hill Inn up the street then at the last minute my Mother decided she wanted to come with my brother so we looked at BB close to where we stayed what my mother was a great room a great breakfast and fresh baked cookies and the most friendly staff around not to mention the place us awesome people they went out of they way for her my brother the only mistake I made was not booking her .
This place has it all Frank and His Wife are just the most friendly people you will ever fine so next time when the leaves turn we're booking this place

Room Tip: Don't sleep late and miss the breakfast plus a heated pool my place it was ice cold
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We celebrated my nephews birthday this weekend and stayed at this lovely inn for two nights. The rooms were cozy and comfortable with lots of extras such as chocolates, water, poopourri spray (now where else can you get that??), stuffed wolf that you could microwave as a heating pad, etc, etc. The breakfast was incredible and we did not need to eat again until dinner, HOWEVER, the afternoon cookies were my favorite! (Wish I could mail order some of them - my first request would be the lemon) The entire stay was relaxing and fun and I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking to get away from the normal cookie-cutter lodging.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so keep that in mind when selecting a room. All rooms are shown online.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I cannot stop talking about our stay at the Inn at Ellis River. The Inn is charming and the setting is idyllic. We stayed in a second floor room with a balcony overlooking the river. Despite the room's small size, it was decorated beautifully and was quite comfortable. It was especially lovely to leave the sliding door open and listen to the river at night. We enjoyed coffee in the morning and wine in the afternoon watching the pristine river roll by. This room also had a Jacuzzi tub which was very relaxing after a long day. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful (we were also given a choice which is always nice). Frank, one of the owners, was helpful and attentive without being intrusive. We loved our all too brief stay, and we are looking forward to another, longer, visit.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room with balcony facing the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjk85
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Headed to NH for a skiing getaway this past Valentine's Day, and we decided to use a Bed&breakfast.com certificate we had received as a Christmas gift. This was my very first time staying at an Inn, as I've always found myself to be more of a "hotel-type gal" (as corny as that sounds!) I don't know, I guess the Inn style always kinda spooked me out. Well, needless to say - I've been missing out all these years! What a wonderful time we had! We knew this Inn was worth 5 stars from the second we walked through the door. Will most definitely be our go-to winter getaway spot as it is minutes away from Attatash. Highly recommended! Oh, and be sure to have the bacon for breakfast. You can thank me later!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After touring a few other Inns in Jackson, we knew immediately that the Inn at Ellis River was going to be perfect for our wedding. And was it ever!! The entire time we were there Christine and Frank were fabulous. Attentive, helpful, and friendly. Any request they were able to accommodate. I can't say enough positive about the way they take care of guests. The Inn is comfortable, homey, and very clean. Highly recommend this B&B. We look forward to returning to this special, romantic, tranquil spot for our anniversaries.

Room Tip: I would get a room facing the river...the sound is so amazingly calming...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is our sixth stay at Inn at Ellis River and it has become our favorite! Jackson has many B and B's and we have stayed in some of the best! But there is something about this inn that is unpretentious, from the modest sign on the main road to the short drive to the main building. Upon entering, the quaint front desk is a reminder of simpler times, when hotels wore oriental rugs, patterned wallpaper, and smelled of coffee and muffins. The guest rooms are to die for. From the small, basic overnight stay to the dramatic, romantic getaway, each exudes a personality that warrants a stay in each. Fireplaces, jacuzzis, decks overlooking the river, the inn has it all. If you need a quick getaway from the stresses of everyday life, I highly recommend The Inn at Ellis River! Frank and Lynn, the owners, and Christine, the innkeeper, along with the entire staff, will make sure your stay at the inn will warrant many more escapes to a bygone era!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own personality. The fun part is picking one and then touring the others w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hjk007
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We came to the White Mountains for our annual hike/ski to Tuckerman's Ravine and chose Jackson for the short drive to Pinkham Notch. We intended to be outdoors most of the time and thought we had chosen something basic. Surprise! We were completely charmed by this unspoiled village and comfy, cozy inn. It was all so lovely, unpretentious and relaxing, it was hard to leave! Breakfasts were delish and the post-hike cookies and lemonade were a delight. The innkeepers, Frank and Lynn, are constantly renovating their rooms... and it shows: we can't wait to come back and try out some of the other rooms!

Room Tip: The rooms are all special in their own way--even the small ones have the same attention to detail as...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Snowflake Inn
Snowflake Inn
#2 of 11 in Jackson

Been to Inn at Ellis River? Share your experiences!