“Loved It, Can't wait to return”

Lodge at Jackson Village
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I spent only one night here and we can not wait to return for a longer stay. Even before we checked in, I knew we would enjoy ourselves here. Our reservation was originally made for two nights, but we unfortunately had to cancel one of the nights. When I called the Lodge to explain this, they couldn't have been more understanding and accomodating as well as very gracious. After we checked in Dana was very helpful with directions to local natural attractions, and I do not know enough words to describe the wonderfully delicious breakfast they served in the morning. Cathi definately deserves a gold star. Beautifullly landscaped surroundings rounded out our stay. We had a ground floor room with a patio. It was a great place to sit and relax. We will return, and hopefull it will be soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Everything about this lodge is perfect. The service, hospitality, cleanliness, and beauty could not have been any better. The owner's made my family and I feel welcome and at home. They even baked homemade cookies every morning for us. I totally recommend this lodge to anyone in the Jackson area. -Cathy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights this summer when attending a nearby wedding. Our room was spacious enough for both of us to do some yoga. We were on the second floor and the terrace overlooked a beautiful scene of manicured lawn, trees, flowers, a stream and mountains in the distance. The queen bed was super comfortable, the shower great, all clean and lots of room for our stuff. We received friendly assistance in finding places to hike and eat, there's a perpetual fresh coffee machine, and convenient parking. Actually, the inn keepers are such kind and interesting folks, we felt like we made new friends.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back, quiet and pretty view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I took our 3 grandchildren, 5 yr. old twins and an 8 yr. old. We were not sure how this would all work but we had the most wonderful time. The lodge was peaceful, clean, well located with a great continental breakfast. We were so close to Storyland, The proprietors were very helpful in their suggestions of what to do, where to go and where to eat. We wish we could have stayed longer. Every one wants to go back next year. We highly recommend the lodge to anyone looking for a special place to vacation.

Room Tip: We liked being near the side door so it was easier for us to get to the car with the children. But t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at the lodge this year and last year for the Mt Washington bike hill climb and I am so impressed with how the owners put out a full breakfast at 6:00 am just to accommodate the racers! How nice is that! I do a lot of bike races and triathlons and often head out early in the am. I am so used to bringing my own food because it is indeed a rare day for an inn to be so accommodating! Almost everyone who stayed there last year for the race stayed there again this year because the atmosphere is so pleasant and although the lodge is basically a ,Opel, the rooms are spotless, the pool and tennis court is great as is the view of the river. Price is very reasonable . I will be back next year for sure!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I work in the movie business as a stunt person and fight choreographer. The point is, I travel a lot and I have stayed in some of the best known hotels, and inns in and out of the country. Recently, I had occasion to stay at the Lodge at Jackson Village. From the moment we arrived we were treated like honored guests and yet we somehow felt that we were dealing with ole friends.
Our first experience was so remarkable that we returned less then two weeks later in badly in need of a New Hampshire, Lodge at Jackson Village fix. The trip by the way required a drive from NYC and even with sciatica, it was well worth it.
Now I ask you, does that seem fair?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron G
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at The Lodge for three nights with my wife and two kids.

This hotel has a nice facility that allows you to choose you own room on-line at the time of making a reservation. I chose a room on the first floor at the back with two queen beds, one for me and Mrs T, and one for the kids. Unfortunately, the management decided to change the room configuration prior to our arrival so we were presented with the alternative option of a king and one single bed. Clearly that wasn’t going to work so we had to have a camp bed in the room also. That was a good result in some ways because the children slept better in separate beds. On the negative side, there really wasn’t enough room for the extra furniture and the room felt rather tight for a three night stay.

Nevertheless, we received a friendly greeting at reception and check in was fine in all other respects. Our room itself was good, in decent order and clean. We had a nice little balcony overlooking the back garden, which would have been utilised more if the weather had been better. Although the room was clean on arrival, housekeeping seemingly lost enthusiasm after our second night because the room was not well made up; certainly the vacuum cleaner had not made it into our room. We found this strange, and probably an aberration, because this hotel really prides itself on cleanliness.

Breakfast was generally not a pleasant experience. I understand that the usual lady was not around and that breakfast was being organised by her husband (I believe the chap with bare feet previously mentioned by a reviewer) and their son. The hotel provides a continental breakfast, the quality of which was variable during our stay, but that would have been fine had there been a ready supply of coffee on hand. Regrettably, the coffee machine was out of order for the duration of our stay and the idea was that the staff would provide pots of filter coffee instead. However, the frequency of supply was variable and one morning the delay in getting coffee was unacceptable to us and to a number of the guests.

The hotel has an outside pool and a tennis court. There is a river running nearby. It was pleasant to sit in the garden when the sun did appear and watch the hummingbirds at the feeders.

This hotel has so many rules and regulations that it has a strange totalitarian feeling. Some of this should go without saying - don't let your kids run up and down the corridors or drop crumbs on our new carpets, don't use more than one towel for the pool. Stuff like that shouldn't need to be said and writing rules all over the place doesn't give a welcoming feel. I guess that this hotel has had more than its fair share of undesirable guests.

The Lodge is in an excellent location and there is plenty to do in the area. We did some hiking and took the kids to Attitash mountain resort (highly recommended by the Twitchy family). There is a good variety of shops, bars and eating places, although be warned that almost everything is a car ride away. The exception is Shannon Door Irish bar which can be accessed on foot (albeit across a busy road). We enjoyed the friendly reception, good service, decent enough pub food and nice atmosphere. If you are in the area take the time to locate a Deli/store called Kringles – great pizza sold by the slice.

A general word of warning regarding evening meals in this area – there is a large children’s attraction just up the road called Story Land. Eating places in the vicinity can become absolutely jammed with families in the evenings. Either book ahead (there are some child-unfriendly restaurants), eat late or go further afield to avoid the mayhem.

Overall, I felt that the Lodge let itself down on some fundamental points (particularly the coffee) but I do think we caught them at a bad time. However,we had such a great time in our short stay in the White Mountains that I find it difficult to be too critical. In fact, I would stay at the Lodge again. Just remember it’s a three star and don't expect the Ritz.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TwitchyBob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Wentworth
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Been to Lodge at Jackson Village? Share your experiences!