“Best Breakfasts anywhere!”
Review of Inn at Jackson

Inn at Jackson
Ranked #4 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We will always remember our stay at the Inn at Jackson. First for the breakfasts and snacks. 4 choices of entrees at breakfast , every morning. Really loved having a choice . Sometimes a B&B can serve a "fussy" little breakfast that just gets old after a few days. Not so at Inn at Jackson. This woman cooks really good, stick to your ribs breakfast that should please anyone. Then they also have dry cereal, granola and yogurt for light eaters. My husband, who is diabetic, could always get enough protein at meal time to start his day properly. That is usually a problem when we are traveling.
The second thing I will never forget is my bear encounter. Came face to face with the biggest most beautiful black bear I have ever seen..and I live in the Smokie Mountains...I have seen many bears. Maybe never so close and unexpected. I was standing on the porch at the back of the house , talking on my cell phone. I looked up and standing about 50 feet from me was one huge bear. He looked up, we locked eyes and both froze! I finally realized I could be in danger and started scurrying back to the front of the porch. My husband alerted everyone else who was still at breakfast, and soon the porch was full of bear watchers.
Our stay here was good. We had the first floor bedroom. I was concerned that there would be privacy issues since the door opens into the lobby. But it was something that you adjust to pretty quickly and wasn't a problem The bed was very comfortable. There were two comfortable chairs in the room. The room is listed as handicap accessible. That is not entirely true.
The bathtub had hand rails. The toilet had a hand rail behind it...not sure how that would help a woman. And the toilet was not a high, handicap toilet, which is a major issue!! Also the inn itself can only be reached by climbing several pretty steep steps..maybe 8 steps. I have noticed that most places don't have totally handicap accessible accomodations, yet they list them as such.
We felt very welcome at the Inn. Taylor our waitress was always delightful. I spent time chatting with the cook, because I enjoyed her food so much. Even when we blew a fuse at 10 pm in our room, nobody got upset.
This is a nice place. It is an old inn, but comfortable, clean and newly painted. I would go back for sure. I do think that mentioning the fact that bears are roam the parking lot, would be a good idea. I shudder when I think how many people have run out to their car in the dark at night , not knowing that black bears regularly check out the garbage cans. Would not want to startle one of those guys!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank FarleyJM

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This Inn is very quaint with nice common areas and great full breakfast. Each morning you are given a choice of at least 4 entree type breakfasts with sides of bacon/sausage, fruit and yogurt. Very filling and very good. They also have a nice snack room with cookies, goldfish and pretzels plus coffee and lemonade which is available all day/night.

The room we stayed in a was on the second floor in the back. It has a a queen bed and a twin trundle bed. I don't remember the name of the room. The room was very noisy in that you could hear someone's television which seemed to stay on until 11pm at night and then came on at 6am. As well, both mornings I woke very early (i.e. 6am) to a loud rushing of water in the pipes. I am not usually a bad sleeper but both of these things made our stay less than stellar. Also, there were mouse droppings on the chair outside on the back deck where the jacuzzi was located. I realize that this is a rural area and mice are excepted but it would have been nice if that was cleaned up quickly.

Overall, we liked the place and just not our room. Also, the bathrooms are very small but serve the purpose. We had friends staying in another room (on the 2nd floor but in the front) and they said that they did not have any noise.

Location was great and convenient to access the sights of the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jedfsu
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Perfect blend of comfort, hospitality and location. We were soooooo impressed with the inn at Jackson. Couldn't fault it. Lovely host and staff,amazing breakfasts and relaxing in the big leather arm chairs in front of the roaring fire was pure bliss after a long days walk. Don't stay anywhere else.......

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randascand
Reviewed 21 August 2014

It has been six months since we stayed at the Inn at Jackson (in February 2014). You would think that the memories would have faded a bit by now and that we would not be taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. However, our experience was so unusual and pleasant that we would like to share it. Here are the highlights:

1) the staff was especially friendly and accommodating.
2) the Inn itself is attractively decorated with comfortable furniture, fireplaces, and a very nice dining area. Our third floor bedroom was small but appealing with a very comfortable bed.
3) the breakfasts were delicious, and that cooks seemed to be willing to accommodate almost any variation we requested.
4) the location near downtown restaurants allowed us to walk in to dinner, which was important because it was snowing heavily, and driving back up the hill to the inn would have been challenging.
5) after a day of skiing, we were welcomed with freshly baked cookies and other treats.

A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A-and-I-travel
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Don't miss staying at this wonderful Inn! My husband and I stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed being in our 3rd floor, seculded room. The Inn is beautiful and very well landscaped. The Innkeeper, Chris, was very hospitable and helped us in various ways from assisting us with dinner plans to helping us when we locked our keys in our car! The breakfast was superb, made-to-order gourmet pancakes, french toast, omelets or egg scramble. I enjoyed the selection of teas, just love it when there is more to choose from than Lipton! Our server at breakfast was so nice, greeting us and asking us about our day each morning. We enjoyed the hot tub after a long hike as well as the chiminea that is outside. We also really liked the location which has nice views over breakfast and is also a very short walk into town for meals and shopping. Also very convenient to Mt Washington. When we come back to the area we look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne S
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It is worth staying here for the breakfasts alone! Fresh fruit, home-baked goods (the little cinnamon scones were amazing), home-made granola, plus a chalk-board menu with different variations of pancakes, French toast etc made to order every day. And they even had teapots!
Our room was huge, with a bed and sofa. There was a communal lounge area wit a big fire too, it would be very cosy in winter. There are tea and coffee-making facilities downstairs (a fancy coffee pod machine and a huge arrray of teabags), as well as cookies, which made it feel really homely and relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariaRuns
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My daughter and I just returned from a two night stay with a climb to the summit of Mt. Washington as our primary motive. We were delighted with this charming inn! The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast is made to order and delicious. On the morning of our hike we left before sunrise. Chris offered to pack us a goody bag breakfast, and left us hearty granola with milk in the fridge and coffee to brew. The proximity to the mountain's base is ideal. I look forward to returning sometime soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family