“Lovely location, kind hosts”

The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 29 November 2013

After getting married, my wife and I got out of Boston for a couple of days and came to The Inn at Thorn Hill. We stayed at the Forest View cottage, which was very nice. The food was good in the restaurant. We had one dinner and two breakfasts. We also had a very nice spa treatment. My only complaint was that apart from breakfast and dinner, it was very hard to have snacks or get lunch at the Inn. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear benjaminjaques

Congratulations on just getting married and choosing our Inn as a get away.
We are happy you enjoyed the Restaurant and our Spa. We definitly will take your recommendation under consideration in regards to making some snacks and food available between the hours of Breakfast and Dinner.
It is comments like yours that make us take a good look to improve our services for our guests needs.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have been coming to the Inn for the past ten years and this was our first stay under the new management . I can't say enough great things about the new management, especially Klaus. He was always available.

We only had dinner one night at the Inn. While my dinner was a fish special, it wasn't all that good but my fiancées meal was great. Staff were very responsive to replacing my my meal and while I declined another meal, Klaus offered us a bottle of wine, which we took a "rain check" on because we ended up leaving a day early due to bad weather. Which was hard to do because we love the Presidential Suite.

The new mattresses are great!

Wishing the new owners and staff many years of continued success! We are looking forward to another stay soon.

2  Thank Zoey_1967

Dear cam67

Thank you very much for your honest review in regards to the new management. Klaus our Hotel Manager and his team are committed to make every guest experience a memorable one.
My apologies about the Fish special I am happy to hear that we offered you a replacement and I truly hope to see you soon for us to make good, and for you to claim the " rain check".
I am also very happy to hear that you like our new mattresses and we also just installed for all of our guest rooms free wifi as we are trying to constantly upgrade to give couples like yourself all the Luxury in a Country setting.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I traveled with another couple for a weekend stay. The drive was over six hours for us but we all agreed it was well worth it. The Inn is beautiful and modern which was rebuilt after a fire in 2004. It has all the charm and quaintness that you would expect from a Bed and Breakfast and then some. The rooms rival a luxury hotel. They are very spacious with a King size bed, large bathroom, fireplace and a jacuzzi for two. The restaurant had a great menu and the food was delicious. The adjoining lounge is very large and has comfortable sofas and over sized chairs. Our first night we relaxed and ate in the lounge which allowed us to get rejuvenated after the drive up. You can order either from the lounge or the restaurant menu while in the lounge so you have a multitude of choices. The wine selection is extensive and they have a few local brews on draft which were excellent for the beer drinkers.
A special note should be made to recognize the staff. They were all so friendly and made you feel so welcome which made our stay that much better. Special recognition goes to Klaus the hotel manager for his warmth and daily greetings complete with weather and road condition reports. No wonder they have won many AAA four Diamond Awards.
The Town of Jackson and surrounding area has all the quaint New England style that you would expect with beautiful mountains and skiing for those who enjoy that winter sport. There seems to be a lot of activities that are available in the warmer weather as well. Sightseeing is my activity and we went on the Mount Washington Cog Railway. It was about a 40 minute drive from the Inn and was a nice little side trip during our stay.

If you ever want to visit a great New England Inn I would highly recommend that you consider The Inn at Thorn Hill. You will be happy you did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
1  Thank Kpuccia
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Kpuccia
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms and our Lounge and dining room.
As you pointed out our Hotel Manager Klaus is totally committed to give the most memorable experience to all of our guests.
We are very proud of our team members as they are the ones who create the experience for our guests.
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa

Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a wonderful experience! We had a lovely time for our weekend getaway at The Inn at Thorn Hill. The room as well as bathroom was quite large and equipped with a fireplace and hot tub. Klaus the hotel manager and all the staff were just so nice and accomadating.Our meals were absolutely delicious! The town of Jackson was very quaint and all the people we dealt with were so genuinely friendly! I give The Inn at Thorn Hill an A++++.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mt. Jefferson room which had a lovely mountian view,however I do believe that most...
1  Thank Susan D
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Susan D

Thank you for your kind comments about the Inn and especially about our Staff. We are very proud of our team and the leadership Klaus provides to ensure all of our guests have a great experience.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Everything about our two day "getaway" was made perfect by this establishment. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel manager Klaus, was the best. Taking the time to personally get to know us made our trip pleasant and memorable. The views and the food were incredible as well. We will definately return without a shadow of a doubt. Top notch!!!

Room Tip: The cottages are adorable. Would of liked a coffee pot in the room but that is my ONLY suggestion.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Ann Y

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Inn and our Staff. In regards to Klaus our Hotel Manager we couldn't agree with you more. Klaus and his team are comitted to get to know everyone of our customers and to give the personal touch to make it a memorable experience.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had heard of this wonderful gem of an Inn and finally booked my stay on Travelzoo. I was beyond thrilled. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and attentive! From the moment I arrived and was welcomed by Klaus and his staff, I felt as if I were a special guest. The Inn was so comfortable and welcoming throughout. My room was fantastic with a remote control fireplace and spacious bathroom with huge Jacuzzi tub. It is rare to find an Country Inn with such a modern, luxurious bathroom. I did learn that the Inn had recently been taken over by new owners and met other guests who had stayed there previously. They said the Inn had been updated with new beds and flat screen TV's which was a pleasant surprise. They also mentioned that the food was even better than before, and my experience at both breakfast and dinner was perfect. The menu is quite large and sophisticated. Everything I ate was delicious. Ask to see the wine cellar....it is tucked away for special events and was an unexpected little find, I plan on returning with friends and recommend Thorn Hill to travelers seeking a high end experience with genuine warmth, great service and comfortable surroundings. I stayed in the Main House this trip but may treat myself to a Cottage next time.

Room Tip: The Gray Manor Room was at the end of hall and quiet with fantastic views from two sides.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Barbara M

Thank you very much for your review and your kind comments about our Inn. We are also happy that you enjoyed our new TV's and the new Bedding. We also just finishing today the installation of high speed internet to all of our buildings from the Main Inn to the Cottages and our Carriage house.
We also would like to mention that we value our Travelzoo Customers very much and comments like yours are very rewarding to our team members.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Having researched numerous Inns throughout Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine looking for that “right” place to take make wife for our 25th anniversary, I found that “right” place at the Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa in Jackson, NH. We couldn’t have been treated nicer. From working with Nancy on setting up the details to Kali in the dining room, they exuded kindness and professionalism all the way around. And of course, Klaus making sure that everything was just right was greatly appreciated. And in the background, Natalie overseeing all of it made our weekend a truly memorable one for us.

The accommodations (the Mt. Monroe Room) were spectacular (you really need to stay there to understand!!), while the food quality was, in our opinion, no less than 5-Star in both quality and presentation. We found it absolutely delicious!!!

We’re looking forward to going back (this time with friends) and seeing Nancy, Natalie, Kali, and of course Klaus again for what we know will be more memorable times at the Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa…

Room Tip: The overall experience in the Mt. Monroe Room was truly memorable. Thank you for your warm hospital...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph V
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Carol & Joe
We are thrilled that you chose our Inn for your 25th Anniversary. Your kind comments about our staff is very much appreciated as they are the ones that create the wonderful memories for our guests. Each of the team members you mentioned are vital to our success and as Owners we very much appreciate their dedication and your recognition of them.
Hope to see you soon in the near future.
Kind regards
Heidi & Gunther
Owners
Luxury Inn Collection
The Inn at Thorn HIll and Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Wentworth
The Stonehurst Manor
The Stonehurst Manor
#5 of 25 in North Conway
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway

Been to The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa? Share your experiences!