The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$119
Official Hotel
The Wentworth(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$148
Nordic Village Resort(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$130
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$73
US$64
Attitash Mountain Village(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$108
North Colony Motel and Cottages(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$86
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$95
Hotwire.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspresidential suitedining roommurder mystery weekendmy husband and igas fireplacemadison roomwhite mountainslamb lollipopsnew ownerswrap around porchsteam showersurf and turfthe entire staffpresidential rangedining experiencefiletthe wait staff
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here. We stayed in Katherine's Suite . The views from the room were amazing. You could see the peek of Mt. Washington and all the white mountains perfectly. We were there for rest and relaxation and we couldn't have picked a better room. Aside from the bedroom there was also a little lounge area with a bar and couch to watch tv. All of the room are decorated beautifully in the sweet. The housekeepers did an amazing job keeping the rooms in the days we were there. The jacuzzi tub for 2 was perfect, although I would like to go back when I am not pregnant so that I can actually enjoy it the way you're supposed to.
The food available in either the lounge or dining was delicious. Not once did my husband or I think it was any less than delicious. This coming from an owner of my own catering business. It's great to know you can go stay somewhere where you can depend on the food be amazing in conjunction. We chose not to done in the dining room do to the no jeans dress code and my husband and I just wanted to go all out with relaxing and being comfortable but you can order from both menus in the lounge anyway. The lounge itself was especially cozy with 2 fireplaces and a great bar which I couldn't get any use from being pregnant (next time). I also thoroughly enjoyed the Sinatra satellite radio station on during dinner. Breakfast in the dining room was also delicious everything was great. I enjoyed how every morning we were offered the choice of a small muffin to start us off until our meal got there.
The staff was wonderful and extremely welcoming. They all did did very best to make you feel like you were royalty. Klaus did a great job making sure all of our needs were being met and asking how our day was and offered suggestions for things to do in the area.
Location of the inn was perfect not too close to the towns hustle and bustle so you were able to get that at one with nature feeling I was looking for and our drive to visit Mt. Washington was just about 12 miles which was a very short distance.
While we were there we were able to enjoy couples massages. Mine was prenatal. They did an amazing job making us feel incredibly relaxed. The room we were in for the massages was so peaceful and perfect.
Overall, we would highly recommend the Inn at Thorn Hill and we plan on going there again the experience the Inn on a warmer season to enjoy hiking and the scenery more when it's not as cold and we can use their beautiful wrap around porch with rocking chairs to soak in some sunshine :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlorifiedWriting
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Dmp 31577

We would like to thank you for your review and your great comments in regards to our Inn. I am very happy you enjoyed the Katherine,s Suite as it truly is a beautiful suite with excellent views.
The detail of your review and pointing out all the services from restaurant to Spa is very much appreciated.
We hope to see you back again in the near future and Thank you very much for your review.

Heidi & Gunther Zweimuller
Owner The Luxury Inn Collection
The Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We wanted a nice, quiet, relaxing getaway last summer and I found a voucher on living social for a 2 night stay at this place and decided to check it out. We were greeted with a warm welcome and were very pleased to find that the Inn was fairly empty and we would have all the peace and quiet we had hoped for.

We walked around the property just to check it out and it did seem like it needed a little TLC. The landscape wasn't kept up too well on the side of the property near the steps to the pool and shuffleboard court. We did not use the pool, it looked clean though- but we did enjoy the outdoor Jacuzzi. We tried to play shuffleboard as well but the equipment was broken so our game did not last too long. We had a chance to peek into the cottages and large house though and looked like it would be nice for a family reunion or a group retreat with a community style living area. We did enjoy dinner in the dining room one night and it was delicious with large portions and the cocktails were strong. The Innkeeper was friendly and stopped to chat for a bit while we enjoyed a drink at the bar. Breakfast each morning out on the deck was delicious, (with rotating choices) with a beautiful view as well- but bring bug spray though! You are in the lovely woods of NH!

We had originally wanted the Presidential Suite Room but because it was booked we decided on Gray Manor, which we did enjoy. It had bathroom views of the back property (nothing fancy), a view of the side law, and then a view of mountains in the distance from the front window. It was spacious and clean. The bathroom was nicely updated and the Jacuzzi tub was wonderful. It was convenient to have the mini fridge as well. Even in July, we enjoyed the fireplace's glow at night.

The only thing that was strange was walking from the first to second floor there was thing strange smell of bad cheese... couldn't put our finger on it but our room did not smell nor did the main area of the Inn so it was only annoying when walking up or downstairs.

The Inn itself is fairly close to downtown, Jackson Falls, and North Conway shopping so there are things to go out and about and do during the day. They are helpful if you ask for suggestions as well. Overall, we enjoyed our getaway and the Inn. Very low key, so if you are looking for something lively and busy go elsewhere but if you want a quiet retreat I would recommend maybe looking for a voucher like I did and trying this place out; otherwise, it may be a little on the higher end if you pay full price for what you are getting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear ElizabethS

Thank you very much for you review from your stay 8 month ago. As you might know we purchased the Inn July 2nd of 2013 just about the time of your stay. In regard to the comments the Inn needed some TLC at this time of your stay you are correct . One of the reason we took it over because we saw the potential but I also realized capital money needed to be spent. We are very happy to tell you that within the first 90 days we dramatically improved the property not only by improving the TLC it needed but also we installed all new Beauty rest Luxury Gel Top Mattresses the best of the best adding all new 47 inch Flat screen TV's plus high speed internet for the entire property.
This are just a few Items we are pointing out.
We very much appreciate the great comments in regards to the friendliness of staff as the truly wonderful and they deserve all the credit.
We hope to see you again in the near future and if you review the comments on trip advisor you will be able to tell about all the improvements and great comments we are getting now.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We typically stay at the Inn twice a year. Since we first discovered it shortly after it was rebuilt it is our "go to" place in the area. We had heard that Ibby and Jim had retired so we were somewhat apprehansive but there was absolutuiey no need. Klaus (the manager) is a gem. He speant time talking to us and seemed to be available (but not intrusive) at all times. The staff was also great. We love the Mt Washuington room with it's beautiful windows and actually chose the date for our visit based on it's availablility. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dinners as well as our breakfasts. We miss Ibby and Jim but look forward to many more great visits under the new management! I do need to look for the specials I see referenced by other reviewers as our stay was fairly expensive. In fact I was surprised that dinner was not included along with breakfast as it used to be. That being said, it won't make a difference , we'll still be there at least twice a year!

Room Tip: The Mt Washington room is spectacular!
1  Thank Ann043
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Ann043
Thank your for your review and your very kind comments about Klaus as him and his team are very committed to deliver the best experience to our customers. We are very happy you enjoyed the Dinner and your comments about the entire staff, as they are the ones who deserve all the credit for your experience.
To address the comment about the dinner included. We made a conscious decission to give the customer a choice of only Bed and Breakfast or to add the dinner package themselves. We did took the prices for B&B only down of the amount or value for the dinner for two. We believe not to force our customer in to purchasing something they may do not need but to give them a choice.
We do have ongoing promotions such as stays with dinner packages included and we will make sure to include you in this offers via e mail.
We are looking forward to host your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The location is just off the main roads so access to everything is at hand while it is peaceful and relaxing with beautiful vies. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Inn is very impressive as you approach from down the hill and the interior is nicely done.

Dear Spiral54

Thank you for your excellent review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing stay at our Inn.
We are looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Inn at Thorn Hill started out as a disappointment. The girl at the front desk was busy checking another couple in, which is no big deal. However, when she got to us, she brought us to our room without showing us where anything was in the inn. We asked about the bar and the dining room, and at that time she told us where they were. We would have appreciated a brief tour, just to acclimate ourselves. We did, however see another front desk person give a tour to another couple on our last day, so perhaps our introduction to the inn was not what normally happens. We are accustomed to a warmer reception, I guess.
Our room was very nice, and spotless, as was the bath. We opted for the 3 course dinner on our first night, which was very good, (except for the risotto!). The waitstaff was friendly, as was the hotel manager (I believe that is who he was, as he did not introduce himself to us). The third night that we were there we had the meal package again. The salmon was good, and my duck was good. Not outstanding like I have had at Rabbit Hill, but ok. The risotto this time was supposed to be wild mushroom. Be sure to pass on this one as well. It brought visions of Gordon Ramsey to mind, hold a plate upside down with the risotto stuck to it. I don't know if it was simply overcooked, or left over from two nights ago and reheated, but it was mush. Dessert was interesting. My husband had a great cannoli, and I opted for the brownie sundae. It was a nice, chewy, chocolaty brownie, but a sundae it was not. It had a very small dollop of cream on one side of the brownie, and on the other side it had two melon ball sized scoops of ice cream. If it had just been presented as a brownie, it would have been great presentation. However, if you are expecting a sundae, don't expect it here.
Tea time was something that we usually enjoy when we travel. The tea selection at Thorn Hill will not disappoint you. They have a wonderful selection of flavored loose teas (but not regular tea). Very enjoyable in the china cups. Don't expect fresh baked pastry or cookies at tea. I believe the cookies came from a tin.
All in all, the facilities are lovely, and the location is beautiful! Just don't come here expecting wonderful gourmet food. Oh yes, and the discounted xcountry tickets we were supposed to be able to get at the inn were not available. We had to go to the Xcountry shop and pay full price for them. One other disappointment was that I inquired at check in about the Distinctive Inns Insider's Club, but I was told that Thorn Hill did not participate, although it's name was on the card that I presented to be stamped. No big deal, as I did not mention it when I booked our trip, but surprising to be told that they no longer honor it, even though the card said it was good until 2015.

Room Tip: Grey Manor is on the corner of the building with lot's of light, and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear 123New England
Thank you for your review and pointing out some Items of concerns. In regards to the tour it is our practice to give one to every guest once the checked in. In regards to your experience in the dining room we will review every comment and suggestion for us to improve.
We do appreciate your kind comments in regards to the facilities and and our location as well the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms.
It is comments like yours that will make as better as we take it very seriously to give the best all around experience to our guests.