“Quiet retreat, upscale service and excellent staff!”

The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here while on a vacation in the North Conway area. The check in staff were very welcoming and friendly and gave a full tour of the property. The hotel manager was very attentive and obviously takes pride in his work keeping the place upscale. The staff always remembered your name and room number. The afternoon tea and cookies were a nice touch. The bar and restaurant were always clean and tidy. The hotel suite was very clean as well with a wonderful bathroom in the Presidential Suite. The area is away from the hustle and traffic of North Conway but still close enough to enjoy it. I think its a great place with wonderful views.

2  Thank Lori P
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We wanted to visit North Conway and see the sights. So we booked two nights at The Inn at Thorn Hill based on Trip Advisor reviews. And boy, are we happy with our choice.

The person we spoke to, Nancy, warmly advised us and reserved us in room 203, The Madison Room. We loved the spacious floor plan, the view of the White Mountains, a whirlpool bathtub for two, steam shower, working gas fireplace, marble bathroom--all working beautifully, and classy antique furniture and Pella Windows. Fine touchs throughout the room, and a huge 50" HD plasma television too!

We enjoyed our gourmet meals, 2 breakfasts and a lovely dinner. I was served by two excellent waitresses, Nikki so exuberant, dinner server, and Sonja so warm and personable, our breakfast server.
I must describe my dinner. I am a foodie. And I cook pretty good too.
I started off with appetizer of two "lamb lollipops". It was so wonderful, I lost my ability to speak. Portions size? Two huge delectable lamb pieces could have almost served as an entree, so meaty and juicy, perfectly pink and rare inside. Then followed my NY cut steak, perfectly grilled, medium rare with broccoli rabe and a blue cheese sauce. Again amazing. I glowed with satisfaction after my memorable meal. Then, asking to meet the chef , I shook the hand of the genius--a calm, dedicated hardworking man named Guy. We had a two minute chat whereby I complimented him on his culinary skills and I told him how much I enjoyed my superb meal, thanks to him and his kitchen staff!

Throughout the three days, I was genuinely impressed and astounded by how busy Klaus was. He was always there, visible, helpful, attentive and warm--the perfect host and manager.

Local activities?
We drove the Kancamagus and up we went on the cog railway--all the way to the top of Mt Washington a good steep 6288' peak. But the "pinnacle of our vacation" was living like a king and queen at the Inn at Thorn Hill.

If you'd like to be treated like royalty, take it from Jimmy Li and Susan Bady, and stay at the Inn at Thorn Hill !!

Room Tip: The premises are quiet and distinguished with luxury touchs throughout. For the best room choice adv...
3  Thank beaujtyboy
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear beaujtyboy
We are very pleased reading your review and would like to thank you for your great comments.
Most of all we appreciate you mentioning our staff. From Klaus as you described him best " The perfect host" to our other team members like our Chef Guy, Nancy,Sonja and Nikki.
All the Credit for your experience truly belongs to the entire team of the Inn under Klaus's leadership.
We are trying very hard to give the best service and product to our guests and make it a true retreat for couples.
Looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Owner The Luxury Inn Collection
The Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a perfect stay at the Inn at thorn Hill last week. I am generally a critical person but I could not honestly find anything wrong. We arrived at about 3.15. We were given a tour of the inn prior to check-in. The room (Jackson room) was large, pretty and very clean. Then we settled in for tea and cookies in the lounge. We took a brief walk around the Jackson loop to the covered bridge and back. We arrived back in time for our 6.45pm dinner reservations. We enjoyed a 3 course gourmet meal as part of our package. We could order any appetizer, entre and dessert. We loved the freshness and taste of the food. I especially enjoyed the brownie sundae for desert. The next morning we enjoyed a wonderful cooked to order breakfast again off a menu before our mountain hike for the day. The next morning we again enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. The omelette was one of the best that I have ever had. I would definately stay here again. It had all the amenities of a larger hotel but the individuality of a boutique hotel or even a B and B. Klaus the general manager was amazing, he seemed to work so hard and be there night and day. Although I have stayed numerous times in the White Mountains, this was our first experience staying in Jackson. It was away from the hustle and bustle of North Conway but still convenient to all of the attractions.

3  Thank bedfordmom2
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear bedfordmom2
We would like to thank you for your wonderful review about our Inn and its team members.
It is a true couples retreat and Klaus and his team are working very hard on given our guests this experience with all its amenities to make everyones stay as perfect as we can.
We very much appreciate you pointing out the service you received from our staff and the great quality of our food.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The room was better than expected. The coupon deal was honoured above & beyond. the dinner
(included in our package) was really, really , really good. No Restrictions. How rare!!!
Service was always great. Klaus & his staff were very professional yet friendly.
Breakfast was again perfect. If you are on a "package/special" order what you want. I asked for a fruit cup & a large Apple juice. No extra charge! I was expecting to pay extra's. Wow, this is the way to run an Inn.*
I am going back next year so please go somewhere else if you can. I am thinking the fall so enjoy the spring in NH at the Thorn Hill Inn.
Inn in short- $$$ great Value, Food-4+ ,Scamp-bartender A1, Ambiance 5* plus.
So please at least let me have a room in Sept,
but you can book any room any other time!!

3  Thank gwhdrewry

Dear gwhdrewry
Thank you very much for your great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
At first when I was reading the headline I was concerned but quickly understood your " Avoid this Inn Please"
Our Team under the leadership of Klaus are the ones who deserve all the credit as they are the ones who truly give over 100% to our guests.
Thank you again, looking forward to your next visit.
Heidi& Gunther Z

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We first stayed at the Inn in 2004 and went back because we enjoyed it so much. New owners but atmosphere and wonderful staff as good as we remember. Rooms are beautiful and everyone can't do enough to make you feel welcome and at home. Thank you Klaus!

2  Thank Helen S
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Helen S

We are very happy to see that you returned to Thorn Hill and how much you enjoyed your stay.
Your comments about our staff and how wonderful they are under the leadership of Klaus is very much appreciated.
As you well know, the team members are the ones who deserve all the credit for your great experience.
Thank you for your nice comments in regards to the new ownership ( July 2nd it will be one year) as we worked very hard to improve the product up to the standards expected from us and our guests.
Hope to meet you in the near future.
Heidi & Gunther Z

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I booked a package overnight to celebrate our anniversay. What a wonderful find for us. Our package included a 3 course (gourmet) dinner and a lovely full course breakfast. We stayed in a suite that had a steam shower and a whirlpool tub for 2. It was an immaculate room and the property was also beautifully updated and kept up. I would absolutely recomend this Inn to anyone!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room looking towards Mount Washington. It is a lovely view.
2  Thank robert v

Dear Robert V

We would like to thank you for your review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for recommending our property to everyone as we very much appreciate it.

Hope to you see you again soon in the near future.

Heidi & Gunther Z

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at this beautiful property for our 21st anniversary, and found it over the top in service, dining, setting, and accommodations. Klaus the innkeeper was very gracious and went out of his way to accommodate our last minute spa reservations. Dinner was outstanding, with exceptional mountain views from the terrace. Lastly, I cannot forget to mention our visit from a local resident-Bob the Bear! He goes for a morning stroll and makes for great conversation over breakfast, see attached picture. Thank you Thorn Hill for making our 21st anniversary so special!

Room Tip: Choose one of the 5 luxury suites if you are celebrating a special occasion
1  Thank jtbsam
Thornhillowner, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear jtbsam

We would like to thank you for your great review about our Inn and that you chose us for your anniversary getaway.
Your kind comments about Klaus, our Spa and your dining experience are very much appreciated and as you know it is the team that deserve all the credit for your superb experience.

I am very happy to see that you also met "Bob" our local resident as he truly is a Jackson celebrity.
We are looking forward to hosting your next stay with us in the near future.

Heidi & Gunther Zweimuller

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Wentworth
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa? Share your experiences!