My wife and I toured New England for the two weeks September 23rd to 7th October 2013 to view the fall foliage. We travelled from Boston up to Bar Harbor, across to the White Mountains, down through Vermont, the Adirondacks and onto the Berkshire Hills. We selected our accommodation and eating places from Trip Adviser Reviews. We have reviewed each of the hotels, motels and bed and breakfast places that we stayed in and also many of the places we ate and drank in along the way. If you would like to view our reviews for the rest of the places on this trip click on my screen name on the left.
We stayed at the Eagle Mountain House for three nights, 26th , 27th and 28th September. The hotel is “a Historic Hotel” and is very quaint. Our room was large and we had two excellent beds. We had a standard room, number 223, which is a corner room with windows on two walls, which gave some extra light in the room. This was very useful as the lighting in the room was hardly sufficient. There is no central ceiling light, only a corner lampstand and bedside lights all with small bulbs.
Downstairs there is a large porch with rocking chairs for clients use. We ate in both the restaurant and the bar and the food was excellent. We were pleased to see that we could order half portions of many of the dishes, this suited our British appetites well.
We stayed on a “Bed and Breakfast” basis and the breakfast was excellent with a wide range of food on offer.
We thought the hotel and the food was good and most of the staff gave good service. We would probably stay there again if we went to that area.
Good Points. Nice location, mainly good service, good food at reasonable prices, nice room and bed.
Negative Points. Some of the furniture has seen better days, lack of lighting in the room. They do not know how to make tea properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional New England lodging in the heart of the White Mountains since 1879. This Historic Hotel of America, listed on the National Trust for Historic Preservation, was restored as a historic country inn in 1986. Family friendly and uncrowded. An all-season destination surrounded by the nearly 800,000 acre White Mountain National Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club Hotel Jackson
- Eagle Mountain House And Golf Club
- Eagle Mountain Hotel
- Eagle Mountain Resort
- Eagle Mountain Jackson
- Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club Jackson, NH - White Mountains