“Memorable 45th Anniversary Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wentworth

The Wentworth
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
lowel ma
“Memorable 45th Anniversary Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary at the Wentworth and returned to celebrate our 45th last week. Our expectations were met as the entire staff in particular the dining room manager and staff were attentive and couldn't do enough for us in joining us in our celebration. The food preparation, from the breakfasts to the gourmet dinners were beautifully presented and tasted delicious (the food served on the plates were a work of art). We are going to return to the Wentworth next year. Well done Wentworth!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review and for celebrating your 45th wedding anniversary with us. It is a great honor for us to be chosen as the location to celebrate such an occasion and we look forward to celebrating with you again next year. Your kind words will be shared with Josh our Dining Room Manager and his staff so that they may be recognized for their efforts.
Thank you again and see you next year.
Owner and Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed for one night on valentine's day 2013. It was amazing. The jaccuzzi, the fire place, the bed, the food, the staff, the town, the drive to and from, the country store... I could go on and on but really you should just experience it yourself. I recommend room 504, but I'm sure they are all just as nice.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review and we are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and your guest room 504. It is a beautiful one with one of our private outdoor hot tubs - perfect for a Valentine's getaway.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

My Boyfriend and I visited the Wentworth for a Romantic Valentine's Get-away. The place was wonderful! Location of Inn is all about New England charm. The staff was friendly and very informative in regards to dinner arrangements and instructions for breakfast the next morning.
We got our key and off we were to our room. We were staying in the Fairlawn which is a suite with a king bed, fireplace and an outdoor hot tub. The outdoor hot tub is really a room adjacent to your suite that is private to your room only. The room has no screens or glass windows, just opened windows with window boxes and sheers. Now you would think this wouldn't be private but once you’re in the hot tub, you are below the windows. There is a TV out there also! The suite was just gorgeous! The bedroom had the gas fireplace. French doors lead you to a living room area with a TV and a huge window seat and couch. Off the bedroom is a 2 room bathroom! It had a wonderful steam shower/shower. Neither of us have ever had the pleasure of using a steam shower so that was a real treat. Very Clean all around. The only disappointment for my boyfriend was when we arrived in our room the dozen of roses he had ordered were not in there waiting our arrival. He called the front desk and about 10 minutes later they did arrive. I had no issue with it, but he's right, for the money he paid and all the trouble to make sure he had everything right on his end, he only expects that on the Inn's side of the deal. Dinner was at 7:15 pm at their onsite restaurant which we were excited to try since it is rated #1 Romantic Dinner on Trip advisor.

Let me say this…..Dinner here at this Inn was an Event! Just shy of 3 hours from start to finish.
Definitely not rushed and each serving (it was 4 course) was spaced out so that you never felt rushed. With that said, at times, you felt like they almost forgot about you. But, it was Valentine’s Day and it was packed! We each had a specialty drink “Love Potion” which was very yummy. We both chose an appetizer. He got the tuna and I got the mussels. We both sampled each other’s and both were very good. Each of us had a salad, I had the Pear and cheese salad and he had a house salad. Both excellent. For dinner he had lamb and I had the cod. Both of those meals were fabulous. Do you see a common theme here? All the food was just wonderfully prepared. For desert, I got the Crème Brule and he had a Blueberry Torte. Once again, exceptional! Our waitress was very knowledgeable and really was a perfect complement of not being too intrusive but still was available. The Dining Room Manager had a delightful personality and even handed us cute valentines at the end of the meal. When our waitress brought us the bill, she too had valentines for us! Just a cute little gesture that was appreciated.
Breakfast the next morning was in the same room. We had a choice of fruits, pastries and cereals and juices and could select from the menu hot breakfast items. The food was brought quickly and hot! Everything was spectacular! All of our meals, by the way were included in the nights lodging. It really was a very good deal that the Inn offers. Only thing that I would change personally would have been the Hyacinth flowers that adorned the entire dining room. I love the flower and the fragrance but it is a very powerful fragrance and unfortunately, due to my allergies, I had it removed both times I had dined.
I would highly suggest visiting the Wentworth it is a gem!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you so much for your comprehensive and glowing review of The Wentworth and I am so pleased to read that you felt so strongly about your visit that you took this much time to write such a review. This will be shared with all of our staff so that each and every one may be recognized for their efforts.
Thank you so much again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

My wife and five year old boy had a wonderful time @ The Wentworth. We usually stay at Attitash but always wanted to here as we've drove by it numerous times. We made it up from southern NH just before the storm hit and hunkered down. The staff was extremely friendly and the deluxe room we stayed in (Sunnyside) had a GIANT comfy sleigh bed, an oversized whirlpool tub (which my boy thought was a pool) and a sitting area with a fireplace. It was perfect. So much to do in that area, as well, and who wouldn't want to be stranded in Jackson, NH? Some skiing, some tubing and it was a perfect trip at the elegant inn. The breakfast was also awesome and some of the best bacon I've had :-) We will def be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review and for your visit to The Wentworth. We too are so happy with Nemo for bringing us so much snow just prior to vacation week and the ski conditions are wonderful. We hope that you and your family will come back to visit us soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

My husband and I and another couple spent last weekend at The Wentworth. We hadn't been there in years, but had some great memories from the past. We booked a standard room in the main inn with breakfast and dinner included. The room was small, but adequate and was immaculately clean. The bathroom, though tiny, had a nice big modern shower.

We had a little bit of a problem at dinner on our first night. I wouldn't even mention it in this review, but I wanted to mention how quickly and professionally it was handled by Josh, the restaurant manager. Other than that minor problem, the food was delicious and the service was excellent.

This is an OLD inn, so expect slanted floors etc. which just adds to the charm. Looking forward to visiting the Wentworth again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit and for posting a review of The Wentworth for the readers of Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with your room in the main inn - they have undergone extensive renovations recently. Your kind words will be shared with Josh our Dining Room Manager so that he may be recognized for his efforts, he has been a great addition to our staff.
Thank you again for your visit and we hope that you do not wait so long to visit us again.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I was incredibly excited for my visit to the Wentworth unfortunately I found the staff very arrogant and hostile. Don't stay here if you want to play music (at a very low volume)...you'll get a noise complaint. Ours happened at 6pm. Totally unnecessary. If you're planning a birthday visit here to expect any sort of special treatment for your loved ones from the hotel; they don't send any sort of amenity or well wishes. Avoid the bartender/host/waiter at the hotel restaurant...he is the definition of a 'one-upper' and makes you feel as if you couldn't possibly be as intelligent when it comes to food as he is. The $12.50 mimosa wasn't as good as he made it out to be...the 10plus minute wait for them wasn't worth it. Overall..nice room and great hot tub. Blah service. I'd rather take my $300+ night budget elsewhere.

Room Tip: Arden 407 and 409 were great!
1 Thank Michael M
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you for your review and for your recent visit to The Wentworth. We were disappointed to read that while you enjoyed your room and some aspects of your visit you were not overall satisfied which is what we aim to do for each and every guest. I am familiar with your situation as I was at the desk when other guests came to the front desk to ask us to have someone contact your room and ask you to keep the noise level down. Although an awkward thing to do I thought the gentleman at the front desk handled it professionally but perhaps it set the tone for the remainder of your weekend. In our dining room I am sorry to read that you found one of our staff members unprofessional - he was just trying to be chatty and helpful to you.
Thank you again for your review and this feedback we need to know when we do not accomplish our goals.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

We just returned from yet another perfect weekend at The Wentworth. I can't say enough about the facilities and the staff. The suites are comfortable and romantic. The dinners are exquisite and the staff are top notch. The staff has a wonderful way of making you feel like a returning family member and not just another guest. I had a request for a obscure drink and the didn't have all of the ingredients. The next night I had the drink at my table delivered before I ordered. Josh, the dining room manager, is a relatively new addition to the staff that I would consider a coup for The Wentworth. Our server Lori was top notch and ensured our weekend went off without a hitch. The dinners were perfect and interesting. We are sure to return in the near future and the staff is a huge reason why. When we are in NH we call The Wentworth is home!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you so much for your most recent visit and for posting this lovely review on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate it. Your kind words will be shared with both Josh and Laurie so that they may be recognized for their efforts. Laurie has been with us for many years and we are so lucky to have her, Josh is a new addition and one we are very pleased with and he fits the dining room very well.
Thank you again to both of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to your "Jackson home and family" very soon.
Owner and Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,293 reviews

Been to The Wentworth? Share your experiences!