The Wentworth
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa(Jackson)
New England Inn(Intervale)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate hot tubpiano playerfairlawn suitesarden buildingsteam showermy husband and isurround sounddining roommeal planfonduenew englandmain buildingmeal packagebath saltsgas fireplacenorth conwayno elevator
Reviewed 4 August 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Wentworth to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We got room 504 in the Sunnyside building. It was very nicely decorated. There was a fireplace and large TV. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very nice as well. They gave us cool little spa quality toiletries and comfy bathrobes. The very best part was the Hot tub. It was located outdoors on a private porch just off the bedroom. It was Huge, wooden and sort of shaped like a wine barrel.

During the night we put on the fireplace and we opened the windows and listened to the river rush by!

The food came as a package with our room. Both dinners were excellent even though we were told the normal chef was off. Breakfast was great too.

We really loved Jackson Falls and the town of Jackson is Gorgeous too. We would love to return to stay at the Wentworth but only if we could get a Hot tub suite again!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed 27 July 2008

I stayed at the hotel with my husband for 3 nights in July 08, booked on Luxurylink.com, I had read great reviews of the restaurant and our package included breakfast and dinner each day. The resort is really nice, we stayed in room 502 which had a huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, and bath salts which was a nice touch. The room was very clean and the front desk staff was really nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. The pool was nice also, clean and quiet, were were there Sun-Wed. The only thing that I didn't love was the restaurant, so I included below my review of the restaurant. If I ever stayed there again, I would preobably just book the room w/ breakfast and go elsewhere for dinner, as there are alot of options in the area.
Go to cathedral ledge and Glen Ellis Falls while your there, both really nice spots.

Restaurant review:
The breakfast was really good, fresh juice, fruit, etc. The dinner left alot to be desired. Its supposed to be upscale gourmet and while they have some interesting combinations on the menu, the food is just mediocure at best. I had a scallop app to start which was good. My husband had the wild boar ribs which were pretty good. I had the club sirloin steak, butterflyed med well, it came well done to the point of being chewy, the sauce over it was not very food either. The next nite I had the caesar salad, which was under dressed in dressing that was just ok. I had the shrimp ravioli which were terribly bland. My husband got the steak again on our last night, ordered it the same i did, med well, it came out med rare to rare. How can you screw up cooking a steak in a fine dining restaurant. For dessert I had the cheesecake, which was alright, truthfully, I've gotten better pre-made at Costco! The chocolate cake was only ok also. The service was pretty good, but dinner ever nite took at least 2 hrs, start to finish. I understand lingering over a meal, but this was a bit much for me. If I had had to buy dinner and it wasn't included, I never would have returned after the first nite.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 420,420
Reviewed 9 July 2008

We stayed in room 407. It had an outdoor Jacuzzi that had a view of the mountains. At night when you could no longer see the mountains, you could enjoy the sound of the Wild cat river and Jackson Falls across the street. The front desk was a joy and accomadated us however we needed. We played tennis on the clay courts and had an ice cappuccino afterwards at the locals cafe next door. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I was able to take care of work e-mails & etc. at the writing desk on my laptop. The room was exactly how it was described- country elegant- gold-plated fixtures, a marble sink, and lace and florals- not my taste (my home is contemporary and simple), but nothing more or less than it was described. It was immaculate from floor to ceiling. My ownly complaint would be is to remove and repair the grout from the shower-it looks manky. The owners made it exactly how it should be, and with nothing to hide. The Inn is very old and has quirks, such as slanted floors and how you would expect it in the old days. We didn't mind as it was updated with newer amenities, clean, and cozy. We had the dinner and breakfast included. I would say I have a well-cultured taste and that the 4 course dinner was 4+ star. (Great and unexpected!)The service was impeccable. Breakfast was a healthy portion of country food served by the same great staff from the night before, and it was served on the porch with fresh fruit and pastry.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mountains_n_H20
Reviewed 12 April 2008

Fantastic facility, great scenery, great food and hot tub!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2008

My husband and I stayed at The Wentworth for our honeymoon March 11-14, 2008, and it was perfect. We did the dinner and breakfast package and it was well worth it! We ate dinner and breakfast there every night; dinner is served as a 4-course meal and it was delicious, especially, the soups! The ambience was great and there was a gas fire burning every night. There's plenty to choose from for breakfast, too, and it was also delicious. Having our meals there was very convenient because it is not a big city (obviously) so everything opens late or closes early and most of the places to eat were in North Conway 7 miles away. Once we got to our room for the night, we really didn't want to leave so it was definitely a plus to eat at the Inn! The service was great and our room was excellent! Definitely everything we could've wished for on a honeymoon in the mountains! It was close to all the skiing (we went to Bretton Woods-not the closest but perfect for ALL ski levels; I'm a beginner, Bunny hills/greens, and my husband is intermediate, blues/easy blacks). Anyway, I'd recommend the Wentworth to everyone...absolutely worth the money; rustic and classy all at the same time!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple