“A good place to stay”
Review of The Wentworth

The Wentworth
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Large traditional hotel located very close to Jackson Falls (don't miss them as they are fantastic). Parking opposite either within the hotel or alongside the road. We stayed here one night during our tour of New England and our travel agent booked the hotel for us. At the time of our visit, the local Prom was taking place at the hotel, so it was very busy with lots of teenagers dressed up in their best togs. The were allocated a huge room on the first floor over looking the road. I understand that this is the standard room size. It was clean and well decorated. The receptionist and the bar man were very friendly and efficient. We ate at the hotel, due to the lack of other options and we found the food to be very good.

Jackson and The Wentworth are a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and also our beautiful village of Jackson.
If you should ever find yourself in our part of the world again it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights over Memorial Day weekend. We had a hot tub suite and although we had a few issues, overall we had a very nice experience. The staff couldn't be more accommodating! Dave, the maintenance guy bends over backwards to help and the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. We had an older hot tub (the new one hadn't been installed yet) and when we found it leaking, Dave came right up and filled it for us. He also provided cones to save a parking space for our car as I had a broken leg and there is only one handicapped space. The only other problem we had was the noise from midnight to 3am from the hot tub in the room above us. Hopefully, that issue has been resolved. Next time, I think we would request a third floor room so there is no one above us. And I think there will be a next time because we loved our room and the location is perfect. There is no spa but we ordered a couples massage and the massage therapists that came to our room were wonderful! It was a nice treat to have the massages come to us!

As for the restaurant and lounge... we found them to be a little stuffy for dinner and our waitress had a bit of an attitude. It took her over half an hour after ordering to inform us that the special that my fiancé ordered was no longer available. But both dinners were delicious and very reasonably priced. All in all, it was a relaxing, romantic weekend and I'm looking forward to our next visit! Thanks especially to Dave and Deb for doing all they could to resolve our issues!!

1  Thank Lulu01923
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The Wentworth Hotel and for choosing us as your romantic getaway. I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and I will be certain to share your kind comments with Dave in Maintenance and Deb at the Front Desk so that they may be recognized for their efforts. I apologize for the few issues you encountered and they will be addressed immediately, thank you for bringing them to our attention.
Once again, thank you so much and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Wentworth in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our first time at the Wentworth, and we went with our 11 year old twins and stayed in a superior room 219 - the room was huge! I could not believe how big the room was for the price. My only complaint would be there were only 3 lamps in the room, and it was pretty dark with the shades closed at night. Once daytime arrived and we were able to open all the curtains, the room was fine, but would like to see more lights in the room for night. The service was amazing. When we arrived and found out breakfast wasn't served until 7:30, I told the person at the front desk that we wanted to leave early to hike Tuckerman's Ravine, and she told us to come down at 7:00 to get muffins, etc. When we got to the restaurant at 7:00, they were all ready for us with 4 take-out boxes and we were able to take what we wanted from the continental part of the breakfast and they gave us cups to fill with whatever we wanted to drink. That was so nice of them to go that extra step to accommodate us! We also ate at the restaurant that night, and the food was really great. One of the cool things about the restaurant is they have lighted menus to help people over 40 who have trouble reading menus in restaurants - what an awesome idea. More restaurants should do that. We will definitely stay at the Wentworth again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Therese P

Thank you so much for your visit to The Wentworth and for taking the time to write such a nice review. We have such a wonderful staff and it is rewarding to see their efforts recognized.
I also appreciate your feedback on the lack of lighting in room 219 and we will take care of that immediately.
I hope you had a great hike up Tuckerman's Ravine and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Wentworth very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the hotel.although there is extensive building works taking place this was neither disruptive or inconvenient.The staff were attentive and extremely polite the food and the menu were excellent.This is all down to an eye for detail by the owners who seemed to be ever present.

1  Thank David R

Thank you for your recent visit to The Wentworth and for taking the time to share your experience with the readers of Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments and your recognition of our great staff.
Thank you again and I hope that if you ever revisit this area we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We visited in early May when The Wentworth was running a spring (i.e. mud season) special. We booked the package which included dinner and breakfast -- don't hesitate to go that route, the food and service are very good. A wedding had been scheduled the night before and were late in leaving the Amster building where we were booked, so they upgraded us to the Fairlawn. (thank you!) A steam shower, a private hot tub on the balcony, and a comfy terry robe that really does fit most - a review could really stop there, but the entire suite was well done. The photos from The Wentworth are accurate - the suite is decorated like one imagines an English manor house, there is a gas fireplace directly across from the bed, and the lighting takes the room from work friendly to romantic at the flick of a switch. There were three televisions (one on the deck with the hot tub), and a window seat tempted me to read if we had been there more than one night. The staff throughout the property are friendly. There was construction happening on Monday, but we were far enough away that it wasn't distracting. Walk the short distance to the falls on the river, it is worth the stroll. Without the leaves on the trees, the views along the length of the hill to the Upper Falls made up for it.

Room Tip: 707 has a view of the road through a charming town and the main Inn. Private hot tub on your balcony...
2  Thank Vermont19
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for your visit to The Wentworth and for taking the time to share your experience with the readers of Trip Advisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and your upgrade to the Fairlawn Hot Tub Suite. We are currently building twelve more hot tub suites due to be completed in July of this year and I am glad that the construction did not cause you any inconvenience.
Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I have been going to The Wentworth for several years now and we just love it. I happened upon this beautiful country Inn when we were out sightseeing one day in NH. We were actually on our way to see another hotel when I spotted The Wentworth and told my husband to stop the car! I was in love! The epitome of a gracious old Victorian Country Inn. So romantic and so full of history. The staff are very welcoming and friendly. The dining room is charming and the food delicious! We try to always reserve a room with an outdoor hot tub. The hot tub is actually situated on your own private balcony and it is divine! Wonderful to soak in first thing in the morning or after dinner looking at the stars. Do yourself a favor and go!

2  Thank Holly G
Deb A, Front Office Manager at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Holly G:

Thank you for your wonderful comments about The Wentworth. We are always quite pleased to hear that we were able to make our guests' stay with us enjoyable. Our hot tub rooms are quite unique - and we are currently building 12 more hot tub suites, hopefully you can try them out during your next stay!

Looking forward to your next stay!
- Debbie

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Wentworth last weekend. We stayed 2 nights last year and we enjoyed it so much we had to add another night to our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Fairlawn hot tub suite both times. The food at breakfast and dinner were excellent. My wife and I had dinner one night at the Wentworth. Usually at a fine dining restaurant, the food is very good but you leave still hungry - not here. My wife had the salmon and I enjoyed the lobster risotto. We are looking forward to going next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dmac5781
Deb A, Front Office Manager at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our Inn - we look forward to your return visit!
- Deb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to The Wentworth? Share your experiences!