“An elegant escape that makes you feel at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wentworth

The Wentworth
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Boston, Massachusetts
“An elegant escape that makes you feel at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

From the spacious room fitted with comfortable, tasteful furnishings to the hot tub on the porch outside we were extremely pleased with all of our accomodations at the Wentworth. A comfortable mattress with a down duvet helped to make for a good night's sleep after walking around the lovely village and beautiful waterfall across the street from the inn. The food in the restaurant was delicious and all the staff we met were delightful. It was easy to see why this establishment has been running successfully for twenty years and I hope they have another twenty to come because we want to return!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

I have stayed at The Wentworth yearly (sometimes twice) for the past 5 years. The accomodations are spotless and up to date. When I go with my husband the suites are great. The food has always been wonderful, this year the new menu was delicious. I tried duck confit for the first time and loved it. The service was excellent as always. You truly feel special when you go to The Wentworth. I am looking foward to our next stay.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

A few months ago I went here for a business conference. Everything was excellent. So, I booked this visit for a surprise birthday getaway. We could not have asked for anything better. Boy, was she suprised and excited. The room, the staff, the ambiance and the food. This was an elegant romantic getaway at a great price.I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to visit the White Mountains. I will definitely go back.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

I have used trip advisor as a resource when choosing accommodations around the worlds. I would like to tell everyone about a terrific inn, The Wentworth, I stayed at in Jackson, NH. We had a superb dinner and delicious breakfast in their restaurant. Our condo was just a short walk from the main building, offering us a spacious private place to relax. I loved waking up and taking a morning walk around the golf course and then having coffee by the fireplace. The staff was very friendly and helpful offering many helpful suggestions. I look forward to visiting again!

Springfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

After many hours of searching, planning, and evaluating many options, I chose the Wentworth as the place I would propose to my girlfriend of over 6 years. We booked Arden 407, a room with an outside whirlpool, fireplace in the room, in what you would think to be a clean, amazing place. I should have kept looking.

We walk in after ~4.5 hours of driving, and decided to make some coffee. We find a moldy k-cup and other people's trash in the K-cup machine. Strike one. Well, I better shower, it's been a long day, and quite anxious (proposed the night before) weekend at that. What do I find in the shower but some gum stuck to the shower door--that someone else left there.

Fast forward, we check out two mornings later. In making sure we don't leave anything behind, I check under the bed. To my disgust, I find someone else’s hair scrunchy, a cap to some sort of lotion, etc.. from a previous guest, and many weeks/months of dust, quite disgusting. Have pictures to show this as well.

I wrestled with saying something, as I am not a confrontational person. When I finally did address it with the Management after it dawning on me what I actually paid for that weekend, I was offered a single night stay to “try again”, after the owner admitted that there were cleanliness issues around that time, due to an internal staff issue.

We cannot redo our Engagement weekend, but 9-hours of driving for a one night stay, non weekend, mid week, is actually insulting. Alas, I Gave many opportunities for them to make it right, as my future MIL also wanted to consider it for our wedding. I was again, disappointed.

Unfortunately, the Best Western is much cleaner than the Wentworth. We ate dinner at other resorts in the area, due to not being able to get something as common as a nice steak or Filet. The Breakfast wait staff, however, was extremely helpful and nice both mornings we ate there. That being said, I should have booked at one of those resorts—I’m sure they were much cleaner! I wish I had kept looking, don’t make the same mistake.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank bikeguy00
EllieJackson, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, 7 November 2010
I wish that this guest had taken the time to inform us of these issues during his two night stay. By not doing so he removed our ability to rectify these issues immediately while he was here so that his stay could have been more enjoyable. It was over a month later that he contacted me and when I offered him a complimentary stay he demanded a complimentary two night stay. Numerous e-mails later he stated that if I did not give into him he would trash us on the Internet. I informed him that I considered this a threat and extortion and that all prior offers were off the table and that I would not accept any further communication from him.
Farmington, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

This hotel is beautiful. Large lobby large fire place with a nice warm fire we went in october. The rooms each had their own style old fashion claw feet tubs great heat lots of windows quit rooms. If you are looking for modern rooms this is not the place for you this is an old fashion inn its a fabulous place can't wait to go back

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

everything was perfect!!! Food, front desk service, room! just wonderful experience!!!! Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank agnejucikaite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,291 reviews

Been to The Wentworth? Share your experiences!