“The Best value in southern NH. Love this place”
Review of Monadnock Inn

Monadnock Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“The Best value in southern NH. Love this place”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've stayed here twice in the last two months and can't say enough about the place. The people are the best. Special thanks to "Max" the manager for all the hospitality, especially opening the bar early. The rooms are beautiful, perfectly decorated with plenty of air flow. The food fantastic both at the bar and in the dining room. The location, well your in the middle of old Jaffrey center at the foot of Monadnock. it just does not get any better. The price? there isn't a better value in NH and breakfast we included.

I'll stay here again and will look forward to it.

Room Tip: the second floor. all great rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My son and I needed a place to stay overnight for a lacrosse tournament in New Hampshire. This was the worst overpriced inn. No shades in windows, yellowed patched ceilings. Cheap shower heads. Uncomfortable beds with $10 pillows.
I cannot believe what I spent for this room. Do yourself a favor and keep driving....

Room Tip: I cannot even give this one star.
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sudburymama
Max M, General Manager at Monadnock Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Monadnock Inn. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously and will make every effort to address the problems that you mentioned. We also have a strict policy that if you did not enjoy your stay for any reason that we will give you a full refund. If you would be willing to provide us with the date of your stay and the room you stayed in, we will credit your credit card for the full amount. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to rectify this matter.

Max Mitchell
info@monadnockinn.com
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I recently stayed here overnight as I was doing a comedy show nearby. The outside is very pretty and invites you in. It has a pub to the left as you walk in and a restaurant to the right. Straight ahead is the check in desk - Each room has its own name and different decor - some of the rooms are on the small side, but I dont think this is a place you are going to be sitting in your room for the visit - you will be visiting and doing things nearby. There are no tv's, no cell reception and limited internet, so you will not be catching up on any of that here....just rest and relax. Staff was very nice and friendly - helping me find my glasses out in the parking lot at night with a flashlight! The food is OUTSTANDING! - I would stay there again if i wanted a break, or passing thru town

Room Tip: Just remember some of the rooms are on the small side and walls are not real thick, so you will hear...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank karen f
Athol, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our get away weekend at the Inn. It feels like going to an Inn in upstate Vermont or rural Maine but conveniently located right in Jaffrey! Old school charm and all. The keepers were very accommodating and personable. I don't feel the prices were steep but I don't feel great about them either given the room we stayed in. Either way we enjoyed our stay very much and would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Townsend, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I just had my wedding at the Inn and could not be more happier about the inn keepers, the accommodations and the food! The rooms were as expected, a cozy room with with large bathroom, but the food and staff were EXCELLENT! The reception was at the Inn and in the Barn, it was simply perfect! We stayed in the Denis Suite and it was great.

I would recommend anyone to stay and eat at the Monadnock Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
manhattan
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Monadnock Inn over Columbus Day Weekend. It is prime foliage season up in this part of New England and the Inn was busy. This is a true inn...In the sense that there is a full scale restaurant and bar.
We checked in around 10 PM and thought it would be great to have a nightcap at the bar. We sat and had a couple of really great glasses of Scotch, and had a lovely chat with Max, who is half of the brother/sister team who owns this establishment. He runs the front of the house with grace and ease. Noelle, his sister appeared later after finishing up her last of her evening duties in the kitchen. She is the chef, and runs her kitchen with great aplomb and authority. The Monadnock Inn caters all kinds of events and functions on and off premises. Impressive!
The included breakfast they offer was great. It was not the normal individual portioned out cereals, bad baked goods, etc....The Monadnock Inn offers a la carte cooked breakfast to order and the presentations were lovely and delicious.
Our daughter goes to a nearby boarding school and The Monadnock is definitely going to be our go to place to stay now.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Nice old place with extremely nice bar staff who provided great if not a bit spendy food and good variety of wine. (No draught beer) The stairs are steep and rooms we had very noisy due to traffic noise right outside the window. Expect better for $160 and $130 a night for the double rooms we stayed in. Shower in $160 room was lame. Overall a very nice place but much better values close by if $$ is the driver.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaffrey
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#1 of 4 in Jaffrey
Woodbound Inn
Woodbound Inn
#1 of 1 in Rindge

Been to Monadnock Inn? Share your experiences!