“Rick & Mary "What a DEAL!"”
Review of Monadnock Inn

Monadnock Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We recently spent a night at Monadnock Inn in Jaffrey, NH as we dropped our niece off at Franklin Pierce University which is only about 5 miles away. We had a wonderful time, very peaceful, staff very nice, the room was great, front porch was nice to sit on to relax, and the food was unbelievable! We brought our mountain bikes and went on 16 mile ride in the afternoon, there is a nice bike trail a mile and a half from the Inn which was perfect. The Monadnock Inn offers a special sometimes "Dinner for two-room-breakfast" ....all I can say is "What a Deal". They have their own restaurant and bar right there which is great, no driving to have dinner. The dinner and breakfast was just the best....My wife had the pot roast and I had the fillet and was terrific! Full breakfast in the morning was great. Looking forward to coming back!

Mary & Rick F

Room Tip: We went with the Kelly Room which was very nice, the Inn's largest room, cable tv, in room bathr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ric4nier

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We recently spent a night at the charming Monadnock Inn in Jaffrey, New Hampshire. What a wonderful place to sit and relax and just enjoy the tranquil atmosphere. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable and the bath was spacious with an abundance of hot water. The food in the dining room was excellent and the service was first rate. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. All in all a very pleasant experience. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Set on Main St. in historic Jaffrey Center, this inn will allow you to step back in time to an era that was much simpler and quieter. If you listen carefully you will hear the distant peals of church bells toll the hour and in the morning the crow of the rooster will echo in the pines. In spite of being on Main St, our room faced the back of the inn and was therefore quiet.
We stayed in Jim's Hunny Bunny Suite on the top floor and it was indeed quiet and peaceful. Window fans moved the cool evening air through our third floor suite (AC is rarely needed in this part of the world). Hard wooden floors will creak with the steps of those who walked before you but this is an old building with the requisite charm. Admittedly it could use a bit of updating including paint, wallpaper, linoleum and carpeting. Our bath was very tiny and the shower head was pretty dismal. Despite the obvious need for updating, the inn is charming and peaceful, especially if you dine on the porch in summer or relax in one of the rocking chairs or bench swings to listen for loon calls. Still, despite the needed updating, I think three stars will do. If updated I would give much more.

Room Tip: Jim's Hunny Bunny was quiet and spacious but the bathroom was tiny and needed updating. There wa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelleygirl2
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've stayed here twice in the last two months and can't say enough about the place. The people are the best. Special thanks to "Max" the manager for all the hospitality, especially opening the bar early. The rooms are beautiful, perfectly decorated with plenty of air flow. The food fantastic both at the bar and in the dining room. The location, well your in the middle of old Jaffrey center at the foot of Monadnock. it just does not get any better. The price? there isn't a better value in NH and breakfast we included.

I'll stay here again and will look forward to it.

Room Tip: the second floor. all great rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My son and I needed a place to stay overnight for a lacrosse tournament in New Hampshire. This was the worst overpriced inn. No shades in windows, yellowed patched ceilings. Cheap shower heads. Uncomfortable beds with $10 pillows.
I cannot believe what I spent for this room. Do yourself a favor and keep driving....

Room Tip: I cannot even give this one star.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sudburymama
Max M, General Manager at Monadnock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Monadnock Inn. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously and will make every effort to address the problems that you mentioned. We also have a strict policy that if you did not enjoy your stay for any reason that we will give you a full refund. If you would be willing to provide us with the date of your stay and the room you stayed in, we will credit your credit card for the full amount. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to rectify this matter.

Max Mitchell
info@monadnockinn.com

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I recently stayed here overnight as I was doing a comedy show nearby. The outside is very pretty and invites you in. It has a pub to the left as you walk in and a restaurant to the right. Straight ahead is the check in desk - Each room has its own name and different decor - some of the rooms are on the small side, but I dont think this is a place you are going to be sitting in your room for the visit - you will be visiting and doing things nearby. There are no tv's, no cell reception and limited internet, so you will not be catching up on any of that here....just rest and relax. Staff was very nice and friendly - helping me find my glasses out in the parking lot at night with a flashlight! The food is OUTSTANDING! - I would stay there again if i wanted a break, or passing thru town

Room Tip: Just remember some of the rooms are on the small side and walls are not real thick, so you will hear...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank karen f
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our get away weekend at the Inn. It feels like going to an Inn in upstate Vermont or rural Maine but conveniently located right in Jaffrey! Old school charm and all. The keepers were very accommodating and personable. I don't feel the prices were steep but I don't feel great about them either given the room we stayed in. Either way we enjoyed our stay very much and would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaffrey
Courtyard Keene Downtown
#5 of 6 in Keene
Woodbound Inn
Woodbound Inn
#1 of 1 in Rindge

Been to Monadnock Inn? Share your experiences!