“Perfect family spot!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jefferson
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This place is diagonally across the street from Santa's Village. They have activities every night for the kids, including a hayride, arts and crafts, a campfire sing a long and marshmallow roasting. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Mini Fridge and microwave included. Even the blinds were dust free. The grounds are well kept as well. Two pools, a mini one of the little kids, and a hot tub. There are goats and a playground. There's a small store in the parking lot that sells everything from milk and cereal to beer to t shirts and s'mores making goods. It was the perfect place to stay. So glad this is the motel we chose.

1  Thank Tina M

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This motel was a great value and is across the street from Santa's Village. There is also a campground on site but we were staying at the motel. Very pleasant staff on check in and check out. Rooms include tv with cable, microwave and small fridge. There are 2 pools, a playground and a store on site. Wonderful for families!

1  Thank Vegas8903
LanternResort, Front Office Manager at The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We are so happy you had an enjoyable stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our first time staying in Jefferson NH and we decided on The Lantern because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and I couldnt be more excited to add my own review. I have two small children who absolutely had a wonderful time! Between the out door play area, the goats, the pools, hayrides, marshmallow roasting and daily kid activities I am so impressed! The staff was wonderful. Our room which was on the second floor as recommended was small but very clean with comfortable beds and pillows. Of course you hear traffic but you also hear cows from across the street and christmas music from Santas Village. For my little family of three, I felt very safe and at home here. The grounds were immaculate and the campground behind the motel was very clean and quiet. We will stay here again amd recommend to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Second floor is a must.
3  Thank Familytime143

We are delighted that you had a great stay with us! It really is a cozy feeling to hear Christmas music wafting up the street! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have probably been to about 100 campgrounds in my adult life and can honestly say this is the cleanest one I have ever been to. We stayed in the motel and our friends brought their camper. Both the Motel and Campground were awesome!
The staff is very friendly, there are tons of kid's activities, there are two huge pools with music underwater, two hot tubs, all super clean, especially the shower houses which are full-sized vinyl showers with large private stalls, I could go on and on about how clean this place is. I especially loved the laid back feel as there were no staff members riding around in golf carts monitoring people like some campgrounds it was so relaxing to not feel like you were being "watched."
My only suggestion would be to arrive early as they have one girl in a very small office to check people in, and they offer a breakfast but it's $8 per adult and only has stuff you can toast and cereal which I thought was way over priced.
We especially loved the fact that we could walk right across the street to Santa's Village and could hear the Christmas music from the porch of our 2nd floor motel room. We bought our park tickets at the Motel office to save time in line at the park.

Room Tip: We prefer the 2nd floor for the amazing views and imagine the 1st floor was probably noisy but would...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Danielle B
LanternResort, Front Office Manager at The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Our grounds keepers do a great job keeping our property looking its very best. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I 1st called up asking questions (tons of questions). Why? Because I had not been camping on my own & my wife had never really camped before. It took years to get her to say yes to camping.
Norma was very kind & patient. She answered all of my concerns & made me feel confident I could pull it off. I only had 1 chance to get it right. Or my wife would never camp again!
I am glad to say... she loved it! This is probably the cleanest & most well maintained Camp ground I have ever seen. The pool area, bathrooms & shower were spotless, well maintained & very clean. This is a special place & it seems that the people who camp hear know it. We met a ton of regulars who were very friendly & in great spirits. We ended up hanging out with other campers with whom we never met before.
My kids Loved It! They had non stop fun with all the activities the Lantern provides. They go out of their way to have activities & events for the kids & the family. It made life easy for us parents. This was the most behaved I had ever seen my kids. We will be coming back for many years to come. The Lantern is a special place & camping here provided us many special memories.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank James G
LanternResort, Front Office Manager at The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

We are so glad you had a great visit! We enjoy assisting new campers to make their stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The price and accommodations are reasonable...but other than the flies which are all over the area and cellphone reception which is weak.My family always has an unbelievable time with the hayrides,pools, and friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sintia A

We are so happy you had a great stay with us! Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here recently with our 2 year old triplets. We had a great time! The motel room had 2 double beds and was still big enough to set up the kids pack and plays. We had plenty of room to walk around them. The property is in walking distance to Santa's Village...Perfect! The staff is wonderful. We met the owners and they were just so friendly and helpful. This was the first time we stayed here. We were nervous driving up because we kept passing other places that I had checked out on line...they were all complete dumps!...Especially the place directly across the street from Santa's Village... But, when I saw The Lantern...I was so excited and very pleased. Thank goodness we chose this place...we will definitely be back. We are going to make this a yearly getaway for the family. We had only planned on staying 1 night but we were having such a great time we ended up staying 2 nights. We loved the pools, petting zoo and playground. Thanks Lantern!!

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor if you have small children.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lcampb3

We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Cabot Inn & Suites
Coos Motor inn
Coos Motor inn
#1 of 3 in Lancaster
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground? Share your experiences!