“top-notch B&B”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keene
Carriage Barn Guest House
Ranked #2 of 5 Keene B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at the Carriage Bar Guest House during a one night stay in September 2013 for the Clarence DeMar Marathon. Upon arrival, I was warmly welcomed by the two very kind owners who were accommodating throughout my stay. My room was clean, spacious, and comfortable with a queen size bed. The bathroom was also clean and comfortable (although yes, the shower was a bit small). The location is nice with a short walk to the magnificent downtown area (the town of Keene, by the way, was just fantastic). I do agree with a previous comment about the walls being a bit thin, although it was not problematic for me per se. I enjoyed the lounge area and the nook looked very nice (although I had to leave early and did not eat the breakfast).

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Carriage Barn Guest House and will stay again next time I visit Keene.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jon P
There are newer reviews for Carriage Barn Guest House

Reviewed 26 July 2013

A wonderful B&B. This was our second stay and we would stay there again. Clean, comfortable room and bed. Common area for reading, socializing, playing games or watching TV. Breakfast was simple but good (fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads for toasting, coffee, tea, OJ). But best of all was the hospitality of the owners Dave and Marilee. That's what sets a good B&B apart from a sterile hotel. They were kind, caring, interesting and good people. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Is it possible to get tired of giving good reviews?

This was another gem of a B&B that we happened upon during a 2 week trip around NE and another set of lovely, kind owners to boot.

Again, we just drove up and my wife was shown the room which was a charmingly appointed room with a fantasticaly comfortable bed.

Breakfast was continental and just fine for us although those with a bigger appetite may have wanted something larger.

Another B&B recommended and I make no apologies for another positive review!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackRoy
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The owners are very nice, and careful who they rent to, so dont be surprised if she asks you why you are visiting the area. I had a friend who stayed here, and thought everything was great except bedroom walls are thin. They keep the place clean and like to get it done so dont make plans on sleeping late!

Easy to walk up center of town, and get to nearby Keene State College. Not really walking distance to a large Super Market, but if you have a car, only a five minute drive with no traffic. Lots of places to get something to drink up town, about a 10 minute walk up the street as this is the main street everything is on.

The house is a large white New England style house that has been updated and added on.

Shabby Chic

Room Tip: Room with own entrance to the parking area (first floor) that has its own bathroom and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank diamun
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My maid of honor and I stayed at the Carriage Barn for one night while visiting Keene (we are both 20). Check in was at 3. The owners were not at home when we arrive, but their mother was there to greet us. She was VERY old, and VERY adorable. She showed us around and gave us our keys. We stayed in Room 1. It was decorated in a rose theme. There were two twin beds (they were VERY hard), our own bathroom that was very clean and cheerful. In the back there was a closet with extra towels, blankets and pillows. We could control our own thermostat. There was no phone or tv in the room, you had to go to the public living room for that. There is no curfew, which was nice. And Main Street was just a few minutes away. We walked down there for dinner. There is a microwave and a mini fridge filled with sodas for the guests to use for free. The next morning at breakfast we met the owners. Breakfast was waiting for us in the "Breakfast Nook". Fresh fruit was sliced and in a glass with a plastic baggie over it. There was boxed cereal and bagels for you to chose from and toast to your liking. Coffee, Hot water, and OJ was also available. The owners, Dave and Mary Lee came to introduce themselves and we swapped stories. The fire alarm did go off at one point because of burnt toast, and one of the guests commented that it had gone off during the night last night, and the owner said she didn't even know that had happened. Because it was a Sunday morning, they asked us to check out by 9:45 a.m. becasue they go to church. Normally, check out is at 11 a.m. They are both very friendly and probably in their mid 60's. They live in a seperate part of the house. I would not recommend this B&B as a honeymoon or romantic get away desination. The walls were paper-thin and the beds were creaky ;) But for our purposes, it was great.

Room Tip: there are only four rooms, and the one with the twin beds was right near the entrance, so we heard e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Amie S
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Everyone uses websites to check for availability. Please keep your website up to date. It says you have rooms the weekend we want to come up, I call to verify, and no you do not have those rooms available. what a disappointment. Please keep it up to date!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoyceFH
Reviewed 29 September 2011

What a nice experience - clean, affordable & owners very pleasant. A perfect location right on Main St. - but a huge backyard & quiet spot set off the street. Walking distance to Keene State College and downtown events.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Newburyport3940
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Carriage Barn Guest House? Share your experiences!