“What Breakfast?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keene
Carriage Barn Guest House
Ranked #2 of 5 Keene B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Needed a one night place to stay in Keene and always try B&Bs first. Bed was comfortable but the shower very small as was the room. Fine for a night's sleep but that's about it.

Only real complaint is I don't consider a fruit bowl covered with a sandwich bag on the table before you seat yourself, boxed cereal, and fresh bread you can toast as breakfast.

Oh and that trash barrel mentioned by a previous revierer is still there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pols

Reviewed 9 July 2009

Located a 5-10 minute walk outside Keene town centre this small B&B is run by a retired teacher and his wife. The rooms are a little on the small side so are missing a TV or refridgerator but there's a coffee maker and aircon to balance it out. We would have preferred a bit more light in the rooms, especially the bathroom, but this is really just quibbling about detail. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the host is genial and enjoys engaging with his guests. The host has some good recommendations about where to visit in the locality and there are some great scenic drives in that area. Breakfast was fresh fruit and continental style which was just fine by us. Keene itself is a bit off the tourist trail but is a lovely little New England town with plenty of facilities. We went out of educational term time so the town was quiet and I expect it livens up a bit in the new semester.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrittlePeanut
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Nice old inn very close to Keene State College. Very easy to find, with excellent parking.
Room was small but immaculate. Comfortable bedding.
Shower was actually smaller than on some cruise ships I've been on. VERY TIGHT!
Lacking in a few minor ammenities such as a hair dryer and shampoo.
If you need a dryer, bring your own.
Grounds could use a little sprucing up...old garbage can tossed into the woods by the parking lot.
TheTown of Keene is most aggressive when policing the many parking meters in the downtown area. Leave you car at the inn, and stroll the short few blocks rather than exposing yourself to the considerable parking fines.
Overtime parking is directly linked to police revenue enhancement.
Continental breakfast (only hot thing was toast from the toaster)
Strategically, it is located in a most beautiful part of Main Street, just a short, pleasant stroll down to the charming downtown and the campus.
Restaurants abound. Typical, piucturesque New England college town.
Be sure to stop at the historical society a few doors down.
A little short on quiet, as the interior doors are just standard, flush door style.
No TV in the room ( I need my news fix in the morning) but all in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2005

I try to see new places every year and booked the Carriage Barn not knowing anything about it or the city; I was delighted not only by the B & B itself, but also its proximity to downtown. I was able to walk downtown and only used my car the day I toured the countryside to see the covered bridges. This was my first time at a B & B but because of the wonderful experience it wasn't my last!! I can't say enough of wonderful things about Dave!! He was a superb host and made me feel welcome. The rooms are all charming as is the common area. I would highly recommend the Carriage Barn to anyone looking for a getaway.

• Stayed: July 2004