“Great Hotel - Marissa Rocks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Keene Downtown

Courtyard Keene Downtown
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keene
“Great Hotel - Marissa Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I frequently stay at this hotel for business travel. It is a very comfortable place to stay and the staff is great. Marissa, in particular, always greets me by name and with a smile. She makes me feel like I have just returned home. She always has the best attitude no matter what. She is the best receptionist that I have met in over 25 years of frequent domestic and international travel. She always remembers me by sight and by name as soon as I walk through the door … she pulls up my reservation and prints my room cards quickly and effortlessly all while engaging in meaningful conversation making me feel like a very valued and welcomed customer. I really look forward to seeing her behind the front desk upon my arrival.

Green Features: This is definitely a green hotel from the bathroom lighting to the water flow of the sinks, etc. It is obvious that someone put some thought into making certain that this facility was environmentally friendly.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Patty,

Thank you for your frequent patronage of our hotel and for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay. We're happy to hear that you consistently enjoy the customer service you receive from Marissa. We will be sure to pass your compliments along to her and we look forward to hosting your next visit.

Alex Bates, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stay at Marriott properties every week....the staff and especially Marissa at the Courtyard in Keene, NH made my stay great. Marissa should be recognized for going above anf beyond in making my stay enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your experience. We will be sure to pass your compliments along to Marissa and look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.

South Lancaster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed recently at this property and thoroughly enjoyed the excellent hospitality, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and proximity to downtown Keene where most of the weekend's socializing and dining was done.

Marissa, in particular, is among the most competent receptionists I have ever seen in all my years of Marriott experience. I happened to observe her for more than several minutes in which time she adeptly managed multiple phone calls and guest inquiries and requests (including one requiring special tact which she handled with distinct aplomb) all while maintaining a personable, professional demeanor. Very impressive. I don't know what they are paying that young lady, but it's likely not enough given how well she is representing Marriott excellence with the positive impression she is undoubtedly making on every guest. I had only cursory interaction with others of the front desk staff, but all were courteous and professional.

In general, the room and bathroom were immaculate and well maintained. In my experience, that only results from having capable, motivated, housekeepers who know how important such things are to most guests; my hat is off to them. The bed was very comfortable and clean. It happened that an item in the room needed repair so I mentioned it to two of the housekeeping staff -- each of whom seemed genuinely attentive to my concern. They promised to inform engineering and obviously did so promptly as the problem was found remedied upon later return to the room. That's customer service, and with a positive attitude, which goes a long way toward making a guest feel at home.

I was in Keene for socializing with friends in the downtown area and wanted a clean hotel in a good location (what we all want, I guess). That I experienced excellent service, given Marriott's reputation for such, was was not unexpected but a nice bonus nevertheless. All in all, my stay at the Courtyard Keene could not have been better. They are doing it right.

Room Tip: The hotel is long and narrow and set back from the busier main street, so rooms front or back should...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EZRidr57
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience for the TripAdvisor community. We're pleased to hear that our immaculate guestrooms, helpful customer service, and convenient downtown location have earned us your 5-star recommendation. We'll be sure to pass your compliments to Marissa and we look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stay at this hotel every week. It is a pleasure to be greeted by name every time I check in. Thank you Marissa!

It is a standard Marriott courtyard but the staff makes it seem like a high end resort. Thank you Dave, Marissa and Eric.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Jason,

Thank you for your loyal patronage of our hotel and for your 5-star rating on TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you consider us to be the best hotel in Keene and that our wonderful staff has made an impression on you. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Marissa, Dave, and Eric, and we look forward to hosting your next stay.

Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed at this Marriott numerous times and am always very satisfied. The hotel has a great location and is newly build making it very modern. The front desk service is always a pleasure to be around and very helpful. Marissa, specifically, is always extremeley welcoming, professional, and caring as to the reason of my trip and the quality of the stay. Overall, would definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for your repeat patronage of our hotel and for taking the time to review your recent visit for TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that our wonderful staff made the difference in your stay and that we've earned your 5- star recommendation to the travel community. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Marissa and we look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.

Warren, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had a top floor room that had a constant vibration coming threw the walls and ceiling. Told it would be taken care of but couldn't sleep a wink. I asked to be moved however no other rooms were available as a little league tournament was is town with half the teams staying there. Lobby was virtual playground. Kids running from the indoor pool soaking the floors. .
Next day we asked to be moved to another room distancing our selves from the constant vibration. Given another room that unfortunately had an odor like a locker room. Must have been previously occupied by the little league team.
We were offered a free breakfast for the lack of sleep. I didn't take the offer.
Should have stayed at Lane...

Room Tip: Anywhere but here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rudy,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for offering valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize that noise from the visiting little league teams disturbed your stay. We know how important a good night's sleep is to a comfortable stay and hope you'll accept our apology and give us another opportunity to provide you with a 5-star stay in the future.

boston, ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I really enjoyed having the Courtyard as a home base for a one night stay in Keene. It was within walking distance to everything and anything downtown! The parking was open and free, so we just dropped the car and didn't think of it again

The rooms were beyond clean! It was spotless! Even the in room coffee was good! There was a woman named Jasmine that checked us in that was spectacular! Great service, and I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The elevators get a little noisy with people. I'd ask to stay toward the end of the hall
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Courtyard Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!