“Great Hotel, People and Rooms”

Courtyard Keene Downtown
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keene
“Great Hotel, People and Rooms”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Hotel is in excellent condition and right across the street from the main downtown area. Marissa at the front desk was a great personality and helped us with a unique situation -- thank you Marissa! We had all our golfers stay there and they all want to stay again next year.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
David,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that our convenient downtown location and helpful staff have earned us your return business next year. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Marissa and we look forward to having you back.

Alex Bates, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This has all the good points of any Courtyard by Marriott, plus a really good location. It's just a couple of short blocks from the center of downtown Keene, which has good restaurants, shopping, etc., but hotel is just far enough away to be quiet. It's practically next door to a nice big health food coop grocery. Looks like an old building on the outside, although the inside is all new and clean and spiffy, so that may be just for effect. Room was spacious, clean, well-designed, as you'd expect from CbM.

The other place that it really shone was the breakfast. For some reason it seemed better than the breakfasts I've had in other CbM Bistros (although maybe I just ordered wisely). Scrambled eggs were soft in the middle, but delightfully browned on the outside; good turkey bacon; great home fries (sort of tater tot style). Also the Bistro guy was nice enough to point out to me that the complimentary coffee was just around the corner so I didn't have to pay him Starbucks prices for coffee.

So - an extra-good link in a good chain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Sevierville
Reviewed 23 August 2014

On a recent business trip to the northeast, I had the occasion to stay at the Courtyard Downtown in Keene, NH. It is within easy walking distance of a great downtown (plenty of restaurants and shopping). The Courtyard was immaculate. For the price, it was an exceptional value. I appreciated the staff's recommendations about places to eat/see while in the area. They were very helpful and kind. Without question I'd stay here again were I needing to return to this area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location, immaculate facility, helpful staff, and competitive rates. We value your business and hope you'll make us your home away from home in Keene.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I frequently stay at this hotel for business travel. It is a very comfortable place to stay and the staff is great. Marissa, in particular, always greets me by name and with a smile. She makes me feel like I have just returned home. She always has the best attitude no matter what. She is the best receptionist that I have met in over 25 years of frequent domestic and international travel. She always remembers me by sight and by name as soon as I walk through the door … she pulls up my reservation and prints my room cards quickly and effortlessly all while engaging in meaningful conversation making me feel like a very valued and welcomed customer. I really look forward to seeing her behind the front desk upon my arrival.

Green Features: This is definitely a green hotel from the bathroom lighting to the water flow of the sinks, etc. It is obvious that someone put some thought into making certain that this facility was environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Patty,

Thank you for your frequent patronage of our hotel and for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay. We're happy to hear that you consistently enjoy the customer service you receive from Marissa. We will be sure to pass your compliments along to her and we look forward to hosting your next visit.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stay at Marriott properties every week....the staff and especially Marissa at the Courtyard in Keene, NH made my stay great. Marissa should be recognized for going above anf beyond in making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your experience. We will be sure to pass your compliments along to Marissa and look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.

South Lancaster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed recently at this property and thoroughly enjoyed the excellent hospitality, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and proximity to downtown Keene where most of the weekend's socializing and dining was done.

Marissa, in particular, is among the most competent receptionists I have ever seen in all my years of Marriott experience. I happened to observe her for more than several minutes in which time she adeptly managed multiple phone calls and guest inquiries and requests (including one requiring special tact which she handled with distinct aplomb) all while maintaining a personable, professional demeanor. Very impressive. I don't know what they are paying that young lady, but it's likely not enough given how well she is representing Marriott excellence with the positive impression she is undoubtedly making on every guest. I had only cursory interaction with others of the front desk staff, but all were courteous and professional.

In general, the room and bathroom were immaculate and well maintained. In my experience, that only results from having capable, motivated, housekeepers who know how important such things are to most guests; my hat is off to them. The bed was very comfortable and clean. It happened that an item in the room needed repair so I mentioned it to two of the housekeeping staff -- each of whom seemed genuinely attentive to my concern. They promised to inform engineering and obviously did so promptly as the problem was found remedied upon later return to the room. That's customer service, and with a positive attitude, which goes a long way toward making a guest feel at home.

I was in Keene for socializing with friends in the downtown area and wanted a clean hotel in a good location (what we all want, I guess). That I experienced excellent service, given Marriott's reputation for such, was was not unexpected but a nice bonus nevertheless. All in all, my stay at the Courtyard Keene could not have been better. They are doing it right.

Room Tip: The hotel is long and narrow and set back from the busier main street, so rooms front or back should...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EZRidr57
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience for the TripAdvisor community. We're pleased to hear that our immaculate guestrooms, helpful customer service, and convenient downtown location have earned us your 5-star recommendation. We'll be sure to pass your compliments to Marissa and we look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stay at this hotel every week. It is a pleasure to be greeted by name every time I check in. Thank you Marissa!

It is a standard Marriott courtyard but the staff makes it seem like a high end resort. Thank you Dave, Marissa and Eric.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Jason,

Thank you for your loyal patronage of our hotel and for your 5-star rating on TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you consider us to be the best hotel in Keene and that our wonderful staff has made an impression on you. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Marissa, Dave, and Eric, and we look forward to hosting your next stay.

Alex Bates, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Courtyard Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!