“Unique Hotel In a Lovely Small-Town Setting--We Wanted to Stay Longer”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Keene's quaint Main Street would seem reason enough to visit this small town with locally owned shops and wonderful eating establishments. What could make it better? I'll tell you: A stay at The Lane Hotel right in the middle of it all. This is a unique place to hang your hat for an evening or two . . . or three. Of course the staff is courteous--most service industry people are--but these folks seemed to be genuinely interested in making our stay there comfortable. And we enjoyed the manager's cocktail hour, which was an excellent way to launch an evening out.

Our room (107) was beautifully decorated with an urban motif juxtaposed against the historic brick walls. Comfy bed. Cool walk-in shower. Everything was tops. We were reluctant to leave to visit family, and even more disappointed when we stayed at another hotel on our return trip--it simply could not compete with The Lane Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManagerAB, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Dear mindroy,

Thank you so much for the awesome review. I am glad that you enjoyed Keene, the hotel and the team that we have in place. As you pointed out we have been very fortunate to have created a team that genuinely cares and where going ‘above and beyond’ is simply the norm. I am very fortunate to have such a great team in place and I love sharing these comments with them; so thank you again.

I am sorry you could not have stayed with us longer on this visit, but I hope that you will soon be able to come back to the Lane Hotel.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Decided to take a trip to get away and stayed at 'The Lane Hotel' in Keene, NH. I had never visited Keene in the past but I absolutely LOVED it! It's a beautiful little town with lots of things to do nearby. I was extremely impressed with the hotel. The atmosphere was beautiful and sophisticated. The room we stayed in was a loft bedroom. Lots of space and very charming. Everything was very well kept and clean. No problems with noise and was able to enjoy a nice relaxing retreat! I highly recommend this hotel!

Dear MJS10283,

Thank you so much for the super review and your recommendation; we can’t wait for you to return either! I am glad you enjoyed the city of Keene, it really is kind of unknown gem in many ways, so please spread the word.

I think the construction team and interior designer hit the nail on the head with this one. For me, personally, seeing all the colors, patterns and designs before hand was daunting, but it really comes together so well when everything is put together. I was glad to hear you thought it was “beautiful and sophisticated” and that you we “extremely impressed”. This is exactly what we were aiming for when we renovated the hotel, so thank you again for sharing!

Please don’t hesitate to ask for me during your next stay, it is always nice to catch up with our guests.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed for two nights in this lovely hotel and were truly sad to leave it. We were in the two-story room which featured a living room area, two bathrooms, and a loft bedroom area. It was amazing! And for the price we paid it was most certainly a good value. Everything was new (the hotel was apparently renovated earlier this year) and of high quality.

The only disappointing things were the elevator (it took a long time for it to arrive and there are only three floors to the hotel) and the lack of a true restaurant. There is a bar area as part of the main lobby but we didn't try any food that they offered. It worked out fine as there were several diners and restaurants around town, though, it was just something we wish we had known beforehand.

Overall though, we were very pleased with the hotel and with the helpfulness of the staff (they even brought us a refrigerator after we requested one). Definitely recommend!

Dear oscarandsophie,

We are sad you had to leave too! Thanks for this smashing review, I really appreciate you sharing your great experience. Yes the hotel was totally renovated in May of this year. Nothing was left untouched and as you pint out this really shows.

I apologize for the speed of the elevator and acknowledge that it is not as speedy as many. As far as the restaurant is concerned; the good news is that we have just signed with a partner to lease some additional space within the hotel. This will mean that guests of the Lane Hotel with have direct access to the restaurant without having to go outside. We are working out the details now and please watch for updates, but we expect that we will be open late October of this year and also be able to offer room service.

I am glad you found the staff to be helpful and I am pleased that we were able to get a refrigerator for you. Please never hesitate to ask us if you need something, we love a good challenge and it wouldn’t be the first time we ran right out and purchased a new fridge or microwave for a guest to use ;-) We love making people happy whenever we can.

With kind regards

Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband and I somewhat fell upon this new jewel. We had been in a near by town for a family reunion and need a place to stay last minute that allowed dogs. We were impressed to say the least. Very clean, great staff and very welcoming to our two puppies! We enjoyed the hotel and the cute little town so much we stayed another night. For a great a place to rest your head and sleep with ease stay at Lane!

Dear greentraveler1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Lane Hotel. I am truly glad that you stumbled upon us and that you made the decision to stay for a second night. I hope that we will see you and your dogs again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

The lane hotel was an a very pleasant surprise. My wife and I recently stated here for a weekend getaway, and were wowed by our absolutely massive, and comfortable room. I'm a pretty big bed snob, and the one in our room passed the test. The decor both in our room and in the lobby felt very new and tastefully done - something neither of us had expected. The staff was helpful and friendly on check/in and checkout as well.

All in all, a great stay and someplace I'd definitely stay at again.

Dear Freiert,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we certainly appreciate it. I have to confess that I am kind of a bed snob too, and fortunately so is one of our owners. He decided it was worth spending, what at the end of the day, was a pretty considerable amount of extra money on the beds; and it was well worth it. They are some of the best beds in the industry and after a couple of nights on one you can REALLY tell the difference.

I am very happy that the team at the Lane Hotel took great care of you and we certainly look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the lovely town of Keene.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

We just stayed here for 2 nights, in one of the townhouse rooms. The rooms were immaculate and super stylish and comfortable. Everything seemed to be brand new, and the staff was very courteous and helpful. The location is perfect, right in town, walking distance to great restaurants, etc. We will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

We were in the lower level, huge room, beautifully decorated, very comfortable for family of 6

We'll be back

Thanks

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Q_warrior,

Thanks for the great feedback, I am so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay. We have many different room types at the Lane, so have the flexibility to cater to lots of different needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Area General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!