“Brilliant Boutique Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keene
“Brilliant Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed here for one night. Very modern, excellent taste in decor, exquisite touches. Great beds with excellent pillows. The only hotel to stay in if you are visiting Keene, with an excellent coffee shop 25 yds away.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Falls Church
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My family just returned from a road trip through New England. In Keene, NH we had the honor of spending one night at The Keene hotel. Our Deluxe Queen room was fabulous. The extra large room gave our 6 yr old plenty of room to roll his monster trucks and still left plenty of room for our 3 suitecases. The beds were comfortable, the decor attractive, the location was great with lots of restaurants/shopping right out the front door. I highly recommend the hotel. .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
sarasota FL
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This hotel was on a list fora family wedding. ..had no idea it would turn out to be one of the best hotel experiences ever! It is a small boutique hotel in a renovated once- storefront building from the last century. Huge huge rooms, brick walls and nice lobby, all done with a chic boutique feel but without the snobby attitude. The front desk personnel went out of their way to be available 24/7 for questions about Keene. I can't say enough about how their helpful attitude improved our stay.

The town green in Keene is worth a weekend of exploring in a future visit. The largest cookware store in the northeast is next door and open late. Dining is varied and good. There are even at least two real book stores surviving here.

Skip the pastry display in the morning and head over to a family restaurant just across the green from the hotel. You won't be sorry, good prices, food and attentive service.

No big box stores in sight and this must one of the few village greens retaining original character. Use the parking garage behind the hotel as street parking is strictly metered 24/7.

Only thing I would suggest is room temperature safe little creamers for the excellent Green Mt. Coffee in single serving packages in the rooms. Packaged fake cream powder ruins the coffee. Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed one night en route to Maine. What a fabulous find! This newly remodeled boutique hotel is right in the middle of picturesque downtown Keene. Restaurants and shopping were right outside the door. Hotel staff could not have been more pleasant. The room was very spacious and tastefully decorated. Since it was recently remodeled, everything was brand new and sparkling clean. The icing on the cake for me was the excellent room rate. Breakfast is available for sale in the lobby, but we walked to a nearby bagel shop. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManagerAB, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this review, 13 August 2011
Dear southern_ladyl

Thank you so much for the rave review and the 5 stars! I am very glad you found our little gem here in Keene. I have been so pleased with the guest responses we have received, pointing out how nice the rooms are, but also how great the staff is. I am VERY proud of the team we have in place at the hotel. This is no doubt why so many of our guest that originally book for one night either extend, or end up coming back just a few days later. We hope you will do the same if you are ever in the area again.

Also we have changed our breakfast a little and rather than offering this for an additional fee, we have decided to offer coffee and baked goods on a complimentary basis, and as you point out there are many great restaurants within easy walking distance to choose from.

With warmest regards

Area General Manger
Meriden, CT
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My husband and I loved our staty at the Lane Hotel. The room was beautiful and much bigger than most hotel rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Lane is in the middle of downtown and very convenient to everything. We are already booking another stay in November and cant wait to get there!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear CTGirl42,

Thanks so much for the fantastic review of our hotel. We are very pleased with the outcome of the recent renovation that was finished in May of this year. Personally I am even more happy that you found the staff to be so friendly and helpful.

We look forward to hosting you again in November on your return trip; we have already had so many people come back for their second or third visit and look forward to building a loyal clientele for us to pamper. Please don’t hesitate to ask for me during your next stay, if there is anything we can do for you, or even just to say hello.

Sincerely

Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Keene's quaint Main Street would seem reason enough to visit this small town with locally owned shops and wonderful eating establishments. What could make it better? I'll tell you: A stay at The Lane Hotel right in the middle of it all. This is a unique place to hang your hat for an evening or two . . . or three. Of course the staff is courteous--most service industry people are--but these folks seemed to be genuinely interested in making our stay there comfortable. And we enjoyed the manager's cocktail hour, which was an excellent way to launch an evening out.

Our room (107) was beautifully decorated with an urban motif juxtaposed against the historic brick walls. Comfy bed. Cool walk-in shower. Everything was tops. We were reluctant to leave to visit family, and even more disappointed when we stayed at another hotel on our return trip--it simply could not compete with The Lane Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear mindroy,

Thank you so much for the awesome review. I am glad that you enjoyed Keene, the hotel and the team that we have in place. As you pointed out we have been very fortunate to have created a team that genuinely cares and where going ‘above and beyond’ is simply the norm. I am very fortunate to have such a great team in place and I love sharing these comments with them; so thank you again.

I am sorry you could not have stayed with us longer on this visit, but I hope that you will soon be able to come back to the Lane Hotel.

Kind Regards

Smithfield, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Decided to take a trip to get away and stayed at 'The Lane Hotel' in Keene, NH. I had never visited Keene in the past but I absolutely LOVED it! It's a beautiful little town with lots of things to do nearby. I was extremely impressed with the hotel. The atmosphere was beautiful and sophisticated. The room we stayed in was a loft bedroom. Lots of space and very charming. Everything was very well kept and clean. No problems with noise and was able to enjoy a nice relaxing retreat! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear MJS10283,

Thank you so much for the super review and your recommendation; we can’t wait for you to return either! I am glad you enjoyed the city of Keene, it really is kind of unknown gem in many ways, so please spread the word.

I think the construction team and interior designer hit the nail on the head with this one. For me, personally, seeing all the colors, patterns and designs before hand was daunting, but it really comes together so well when everything is put together. I was glad to hear you thought it was “beautiful and sophisticated” and that you we “extremely impressed”. This is exactly what we were aiming for when we renovated the hotel, so thank you again for sharing!

Please don’t hesitate to ask for me during your next stay, it is always nice to catch up with our guests.

Best regards

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!