“Antioch University visit”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My fiancée and I loved this hotel. It is located in downtown Keene, New Hampshire which is this quaint Mayberry town with a gazebo, classic street lamp line boulevards, and locally owned businesses. When. We got to our hotel Casey greeted us happily and made everything comfortable and pleasant. The hotel is on the national landmark listing. The hotel has been gloriously remodeled with an old fashioned glamour. There is free parking behind the hotel Casey offered complimentary drinks between 7-8pm along with pleasant conversation. The morning complimentary breakfast leaves something to be desired but otherwise I was awed by the stunning accommodations at reasonable rates that I got through cheaptickets.com
The attached restaurant was lovely with deliciously brick oven pizza.
The hotel was not walking distance but still close to Antioch University.

Room Tip: They offer pet friendly rooms. Our room had a king size bed and a flat screen and there was still a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Maxine,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the town of Keene and all it has to offer. I will pass your compliments along to Casey; thank you for the feedback. We hope to host you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed in a spacious suite overlooking Main Street. Bathroom is a tad small, but very nice. Huge windows overlooking main st right in heart of keene. Being frigid out it was an added bonus that fireworks restaurant could be accessed without going outside Received hotel as an upgrade for Marriott down the street and was very happy

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the convenience of the adjoined Fireworks Restaurant. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We live in NH & have often talked about staying at the Lane Hotel, so on a road trip thru Walpole we planned on an overnight there. We were delighted with our room. Quite nicely appointed & a lovely bathroom with topnotch ammenities. Upon our arrival (at 7pm) the front desk person invited us to join others for their wine reception. Very nice of him & a great spot to wind down from our long day.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 301 right on the main street on a Sat night, but other than a siren at some time i...
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have stayed here on many occasions. We have never been disappointed. The rooms are super clean and are fabulous. They are decorated very well. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Keene is a wonderful city to visit and this is the place to stay. It's located right on Main Street where all the shops, restaurants, and bars are located. All within walking distance. We will be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AshleeB21
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family travels to Keene a few times a year and usually stay with relatives, but now that our son is older we needed more space. The Lane looked nice enough online, but we were blown away when we got there! We stayed in the King Deluxe Suite ; the room was bigger than our apartment. The bathroom was spacious and kept very clean. The free breakfast in the common area was fresh and the coffee was top knotch. We can't wait to stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NEFoodies
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. I'm pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you plan to return. Thank you for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community; we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Lane Hotel would be reason enough to spend time in Keene, NH, but then the town itself is quite appealing. I searched for the best adjective for this town. In the end I chose "wonderful" since Keene is as close to Bedford Falls (from the classic starring Jimmy Stewart) as you'll find anywhere. Two mom & pops on opposite sides of the street roast their own beans. Two in one small town. The choice is easy - - the one on the same side as the hotel. Why? They had the good sense to not include the over used term "organic" in their store name. But as a chemist I can assure you - - their coffee was not inorganic, rather, it was carbon-based, thus organic. My brother the minister was not not with us, but if he were, he could have officially designated their coffee as heavenly (as I would but with less authority). But oh yes, back to the hotel.

You only go around once in life, so if you go to the Lane Hotel for the first time, life being as uncertain as it is, do yourself a favor and step up to a 2-story suite. Wow. Double wow. I double dog dare you to. Imagine a space 2 stories high with real brick walls and enormous tall windows. Two full baths. King bed up, pull out below. As if that wasn't enough there are those little extras. His and her swag bags. Robes and slippers. Complimentary drinks for an hour in the evening, complimentary coffee, newspaper and continental breakfast in the morning. On the whole, a perfect example of what a boutique hotel should be. There is even room service.

And that's where I finally get a chance to include the obligatory one negative, for balance. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel, a separate service provider, name escapes me
(probably my subconscious making me forget the name). The steak wasn't bad, actually cooked correctly, but the fries had so much salt on them (sodium chloride) that we are suing them for attempted wrongful death and the fried rissotto? Well, I have had better dog food. Enjoy the hotel but be forewarned about the restaurant.

Room Tip: 2 story suite is a must
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Lane Hotel during the holidays. It was great experience! Our room was awesome- huge, plush, elegant, really nice. When we arrived, we learned about the complementary cocktails and continental breakfast- a great surprise. The only downside to our room was the emergency siren that came on a few times in the night and woke me (but not my partner) up. While the Lane wasn't the cheapest hotel in Keene, it really impressed me and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a street-facing King room. Loved the size, but I was woken up a few times by the emergency si...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!