“Very comfortable, great breakfast, being remodeled”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Montrose
“Very comfortable, great breakfast, being remodeled”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is an older property and some of the earlier reviewers' concerns are accurate--the room decor is uninspiring and a bit worn for sure. The WiFi did not work well, and the TV remote barely worked--probably needed new batteries. (I did not report these things, however). The dark Irish pub was not the most attractive place to eat in the morning, especially with piles of furniture blocking off half of the room.

But the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the breakfast was great. (Fluffy, delicious scrambled eggs, sausage, great bacon, fresh fruit, wonderful apple coffeecake, good coffee and much more. The server came and gave me the last slice of coffee cake "Since I liked it so much" and she didn't want it to" go to waste"!) The front desk folks were very helpful and efficient, graciously giving me a late check out time.

The new breakfast room looks like it will be very attractive--once the remodel is finished, this should be a great place to stay. As it was, I was very comfortable and satisfied with my time there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
KTBESTWESTERN, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you chose Best Western Plus on your past visit to Keene. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations, we hope you give us another chance upon your next trip to Keene. We hope to see you again soon, Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Keene, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 seperate times. Each time I have found this hotel to be very clean, the staff helpful, and the rates to be reasonable. If in this area again, I will stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank William C
KTBESTWESTERN, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Leatherstocking Region New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

In fairness, the hotel is undergoing a renovation of its' lobby. As a Diamond Elite member I did not get the BEST AVAILABLE room. We could see in some that rooms had been recently updated with tile in the entrance. Our room (#163) had worn out carpet in the entrance. Bed was comfy, with plenty of pillows, but it was DATED. A/C was "smelly", thin walls, tiny bathroom. The room was generally clean, except for thick dust on the headboard. Toilet bowl needed a more thorough cleaning, as we notice on leaving in the reflection from the mirror that underneath the rim was "disgusting".

Plenty of clean towels, dresser space, a fold-out love seat and plenty of room with king bed. Pool area was good, but could only hold 20 max. TOWELS?? I had to go to front desk to ask for pool towels. No signs, or drop off box.

Attached to Waxy O'Connors Pub. We ate lunch there and had a few beers. It was OK. Next morning that is where breakfast was served due to renovations in lobby. Adequate breakfast under the circumstances.

Manage sent me an email response to their website review and offered me a 15% discount next time I stayed...I would rather have some points added onto my account.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, so try to pick one that only has a room on one side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank The-Flying-Circus
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren't able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you are visiting Dublin NH for one of The Walden School's summer programs, the BestWestern in Keene is a good choice for accommodations. It's about 15 miles from Dublin, and is probably the closest major chain hotel. Even though the lobby was being renovated, the hotel itself was perfectly adequate, and the adjoining bar/restaurant served food until midnight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank FourEyeNYC
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I stayed in Keene, NH on our way to our vacation destination. We were given a room that had a glass sliding door onto the courtyard. We had to get up early and drive all day, so we went to bed early at about 8:30 pm. At about this time, a very loud party started out in the courtyard with drinking, whooping and other noises that I could not identify. I tried to go to sleep for about an hour and called the front desk to advise them that we could not go to sleep. The party was still going strong at 10:00 pm, when I had to call the front desk again. This time, the front desk clerk advised me that "You have to realize, they are paying customers, too." After the party finished in the courtyard, it moved up to the 2nd floor. The staff did absolutely nothing to ensure that their customers received the sleep that they paid heavily for. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelToHike
highland falls, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

While i was there there was renovations so the lobby was under construction but the hotel was great, the people friendly, the restaurant had a good staff and food. The rooms were comfortable and well kept. I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Raymond, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here two nights. First morning, no hot water. When I called the front desk they said the maintenance staff would be arriving for work shortly. Really? A hotel of this size should have maintenance staff on on-site 24x7. I had an early morning appointment and therefore had to forego a shower. Bathroom was in great disrepair. Faucet on vanity was loose and slid around when used. Knob for shower had screws sticking out so far it prevented the knob from turning freely. Commode was not secure and would shift every time you sat on it. Ironing board hanger was falling off the wall in the closet. The "free" breakfast was no perk. There was no coffee the first day, no spoons and not enough seating for guests. I did receive a 10% discount for one night for the lack of hot water but I found that unacceptable. The only reason I need a hotel room is to sleep and shower and when I cannot do one of those things at the fault of the establishment, the discount should be 50%. I also find it disconcerting that the hotel manager did not respond to my comment card despite submitting in person to the front desk and signing my name and address on the card.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank AMCELH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Days Inn Keene NH
Days Inn Keene NH
#5 of 6 in Keene

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel? Share your experiences!