“Terrible experience with this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Keene
“Terrible experience with this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed by our recent stay. We were not told prior to check-in that this hotel was under remodeling. It was very inconvenient to say the least, and quite an eye sore. I would have most certainly have not stayed here with my husband and 8 month old twins. The hotel staff were not courteous, apologetic, or accommodating by any means. The list of unacceptable standards was too long for money spent and time traveled. We could not bathe my daughter's in the tub due to it not being clean;there were ants all over the room that they were crawling on; we had a hard time accessing the pool because they were ripping up and putting down the carpet (which also caused another problem when we were checking out and had to bring all of our things out the sliding door because we could not walk in the hall!!) I was very upset at the point of check-out and the front desk clerk (who lied multiple times to me) gave me the general managers card...who I called and left a message for 4 days ago and have not heard anything in response. To sum it all up, I would NEVER stay here again, feel like I wasted my money/vacation, and wouldn't ever recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shantelle S
KTBESTWESTERN, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren't able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
mamaroneck
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ok i stayed here the week of aug 5, 2014. The staff was good and attentive to every question and did keep the rooms very clean. We were told that the hotel was replacing its roof and rugs so the place will a little on the fix up side, which did not bother me.

What i did notice that people were smoking out of the back of the rooms. It may say a non-smoking room but the last person in the room could have been a smoker!

The breakfast needs to last at least till 9:30 am, and they need to change it up, scrambled eggs and sausage every does not work with lack of choices.

The pool needs more attention to regular cleaning….it has lots of long hair in it.

Other then these two issues i have no problem with this hotel.

Room Tip: tell them you want a room away from the pets that stay there.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Montrose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is an older property and some of the earlier reviewers' concerns are accurate--the room decor is uninspiring and a bit worn for sure. The WiFi did not work well, and the TV remote barely worked--probably needed new batteries. (I did not report these things, however). The dark Irish pub was not the most attractive place to eat in the morning, especially with piles of furniture blocking off half of the room.

But the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the breakfast was great. (Fluffy, delicious scrambled eggs, sausage, great bacon, fresh fruit, wonderful apple coffeecake, good coffee and much more. The server came and gave me the last slice of coffee cake "Since I liked it so much" and she didn't want it to" go to waste"!) The front desk folks were very helpful and efficient, graciously giving me a late check out time.

The new breakfast room looks like it will be very attractive--once the remodel is finished, this should be a great place to stay. As it was, I was very comfortable and satisfied with my time there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KTBESTWESTERN, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you chose Best Western Plus on your past visit to Keene. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations, we hope you give us another chance upon your next trip to Keene. We hope to see you again soon, Thanks again.
Keene, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 seperate times. Each time I have found this hotel to be very clean, the staff helpful, and the rates to be reasonable. If in this area again, I will stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank William C
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Leatherstocking Region New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

In fairness, the hotel is undergoing a renovation of its' lobby. As a Diamond Elite member I did not get the BEST AVAILABLE room. We could see in some that rooms had been recently updated with tile in the entrance. Our room (#163) had worn out carpet in the entrance. Bed was comfy, with plenty of pillows, but it was DATED. A/C was "smelly", thin walls, tiny bathroom. The room was generally clean, except for thick dust on the headboard. Toilet bowl needed a more thorough cleaning, as we notice on leaving in the reflection from the mirror that underneath the rim was "disgusting".

Plenty of clean towels, dresser space, a fold-out love seat and plenty of room with king bed. Pool area was good, but could only hold 20 max. TOWELS?? I had to go to front desk to ask for pool towels. No signs, or drop off box.

Attached to Waxy O'Connors Pub. We ate lunch there and had a few beers. It was OK. Next morning that is where breakfast was served due to renovations in lobby. Adequate breakfast under the circumstances.

Manage sent me an email response to their website review and offered me a 15% discount next time I stayed...I would rather have some points added onto my account.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, so try to pick one that only has a room on one side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank The-Flying-Circus
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you are visiting Dublin NH for one of The Walden School's summer programs, the BestWestern in Keene is a good choice for accommodations. It's about 15 miles from Dublin, and is probably the closest major chain hotel. Even though the lobby was being renovated, the hotel itself was perfectly adequate, and the adjoining bar/restaurant served food until midnight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank FourEyeNYC
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I stayed in Keene, NH on our way to our vacation destination. We were given a room that had a glass sliding door onto the courtyard. We had to get up early and drive all day, so we went to bed early at about 8:30 pm. At about this time, a very loud party started out in the courtyard with drinking, whooping and other noises that I could not identify. I tried to go to sleep for about an hour and called the front desk to advise them that we could not go to sleep. The party was still going strong at 10:00 pm, when I had to call the front desk again. This time, the front desk clerk advised me that "You have to realize, they are paying customers, too." After the party finished in the courtyard, it moved up to the 2nd floor. The staff did absolutely nothing to ensure that their customers received the sleep that they paid heavily for. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelToHike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel? Share your experiences!