“Nice place”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Clifton Park, New York
“Nice place”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one night on our way to Massachusetts from Upstate NY. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. We heard no noise from in the room. The breakfast was great, but having just read the other reviews I wish I had tried the pancake maker.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear DisneyDad2,

I am glad that you enjoyed your first stay with us! I will make sure to pass along your review to our staff on property. We will be sure keep that pancake maker ready for when you visit the area again.

James Prentiss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Connecticut
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our first stay in this property. Per the other reviews it has been renovated this summer and it looks it, all is brand new. The room was extremely clean but a bit small. The breakfast was great, they have hot cinnamon buns with icing which were so good I had two! They also have a pancake machine I didn't get a chance to try. There is no attached restaurant but for weary travellers there is a small 'mart' next to the reception desk with frozen single-serve pizzas, Stouffer's chicken breast, meal-in-a-cup macn'cheese, ice cream, Starbucks iced beverages, etc. Prices are high but it is definitely a notch up from a vending machine dinner. The front desk staff and the breakfast waitress were all pleasant, friendly and happy. This is a nice establishment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear BaysideConnecticut ,

We thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our recently updated facilities and enjoyed our breakfast! I will be passing along your kind words to our staff. Hope you come and visit us again soon.

Stoneham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed for 1 night. The room was large, clean, and well apportioned, with an efficiency kitchenette and the shower had really good water pressure. Our room was on the back of the building and was very quiet. Breakfast had several hot and cold options - I liked the cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Lucy S,

We all thank you for your kind words. I'm happy to hear that your stay was pleseant and enjoyable. One of my favorite parts of breakfast are the cinnamon rolls as well, I have to watch myself sometimes! I will be sure to share your review with our staff on property and hope to see you again with us soon.

Newport, RI
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here one night recently as we were hiking Mt Pisgah and Mt Sunapee.
Very clean, nicely decorated rooms in a quiet area of town.
Close to Elm City Brewery (a great restaurant) and many others as well.
The staff were very professional, friendly and helpful.
The breakfast area was well maintained by a lovely attendant.
They have an automatic pancake maker that was simply delicious!
Push a button and your pancakes (2) are ready in minutes.
Would stay here again and highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, get a room away from the elevator on second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Cats058,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you got to experience the city of Keene. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of our staff in property. We hope to welcome you back soon!

watertown, CT
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Keene, NH and was very impressed. The staff was very professional and friendly. The room was lovely and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good--lots of options. The morning breakfast "hostess" was so kind and friendly and she kept the area spotless. I definitely will return and I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay while in Keene or the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear CDNE2013,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip-Advisor. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff on property. We hope to see you again in the future!

Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We attended an all-day event nearby and wanted to stay in the area overnight. It was too late and we were too tired to drive to our home over two hours away. We were very glad to find availability at the Holiday Inn Express in Keene, NH. The check-in process was smooth and the clerk was very friendly.
Our room was extremely comfortable, the shower worked very well and the refrigerator came in handy. Everything in the room seemed fresh, clean and recently updated. The hot breakfast the next morning was varied and delicious. The woman who handled the breakfast set-up and clean-up was wonderfully warm and charming. My husband and I gave her a hug when we left. She felt like an immediate friend!

Room Tip: Choose a top-floor room because we heard the people above us too clearly in our first-floor room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Anita G,

Thank you for your kind review. I will be sure to share your stay with our staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Keene. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Service with a smile! When travelin I like to stay were I feel wanted. Everyone here was super nice! Especially Amy, as I was leaving she loaded me up with bottled water before I left. It was almost 99' degrees today.

Definitely will stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Atravelingbear,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with us on Trip-Advisor! We are delighted to hear that you stay was positive and I will be sure to share your kind words with Amy. Hope to see you again in the future.

James Prentiss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!