“great surprise!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
northeast
“great surprise!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for one night this past weekend. What a pleasant surprise! The staff was super friendly/helpful, the rooms were clean and roomy enough for 4 of us (2 adults/2 children), and despite the hotel being pretty full, the room was quiet . The pool, while small, was big enough to be fun for the kids. Breakfast in the morning was the biggest surprise - the food was hot, tasty and there was a wide variety. The desk clerk even offered to get food direct from packages for one of my children, who has food allergies, since the food is served buffet style. We would definitely stay here again. Great value for the price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your first stay at our hotel and that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to hosting your next visit.

Yours in hospitality,
James Prentiss, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel has been renovated since my last stay. -- It was clean and pleasant.
I have attached a photo of the rug in a corner of my room. As you can see, it is vacuumed and clean. I stay in so many hotel rooms where there is grime in the room corners or in the hallways where the rug meets the wall. This hotel was well maintained.
There were a few "cons:"
I unfortunately had a faulty heating system in my room. I could not read the screen on the wall monitor and the heat clanked. This was a big bummer.
Also, the internet was running slowly during my stay.
The exercise machines were old - one was rickety ... maybe those will be next in the round of renovations.
There were plenty of "pros" though and it was evident that the staff in this hotel are conscientious and working hard to run a good business.
The cleanliness alone showed great attention to detail.
There was plenty of towels and wash cloths.
The bed was relatively comfortable.
Also, good water pressure and hot water.
The parking lot was well lit and felt safe.
The location was good.
The front desk staff were pleasant.
There was an employee named Chyna who was busy, busy, busy taking care of everyone's needs. She should be commended. She was pleasant and professional and was running her butt off all night.
The hotel decor was nice ... I would stay here again.
: -)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Eulalia_3,

Thank you for you review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you stay was a positive one and take all feedback very seriously. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff on property. I will also review with our maintenance team the short falls that you experienced with us in regards to the in-room heating and internet speed. We hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express Keene the next time you visit the area!

Candiac, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel was outstanding. Really nice greetings by the front desk employee with a great smile. The room was very clean the bed comfortable and our stay in the room was really nice. Easy to get to the hotel from the highway, lots of stores near by and Dicks Sporting goods not far away with some great restaurants. We were traveling to Franklin Pierce U and it was about 25minutes away. A nice drive with a few antiques shops along the way. And in the moring they had a really nice breakfast with I believe Judy taking care of everyone, a faboulas person to speak to in the morning with a friendly smile to boot!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NewMountainBike
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear NewMountainBike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had a great stay and were able to enjoy the Keene area while traveling to Franklin Pierce University. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our staff on property. Judy especially will be glad to receive your feedback! Hope to see you again soon when the season is in full swing.

Silver Springs, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice for extended periods (0ne month plus). The staff is conscientious and friendly. The breakfast offerings change from day to day which is a nice thing for long-term residents. The rooms are kept very clean, as are the common areas. There is a pay laundry facility on the 2nd floor which is also good for long term residents. Whenever I'm in this area, I will always try to stay at the Holiday Inn, Keene.

Room Tip: Rooms in the west and north wings are away from the pool area and tend to be quieter than the south...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear HoopFL,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear how well your stay was with us as a long term guest. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the Holiday Inn Express Keene team on property. I hope to welcome you back again the next time you visit the area.

Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A busy weekend in Keene and the hotel made it special. They had a pumpkin carving party for their guests (with cookies!) and a shuttle to the Festival. Breakfast Buffett was great; hotel immaculate; staff great

• Stayed October 2013
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Paula T,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and our Halloween festivities. Thanks in part to guests like you, the city of Keene regained its title of World Record holder for the largest lit Jack-o' lantern display this year! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Best,
James Prentiss, GM
san francisco
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Clean, friendly, pet friendly restful find on my roadtrip through New England. Tucked away near a shopping center in Keene, this Hotel was so comfortable on my first pass through this area, that I made a 50 mile detour to rest there again on my way back west. When I couldn't find any agreeable hotel in Springfield, Mass., I drove to where I had stayed before and was glad I did. The next morning I drove the Mohawk trail through Vermont, which I never would have seen if I hadn't taken this detour to NH.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank N G
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear N G,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Wow! I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was so positive that you made the trip back to see us again! I will definitely be passing along your kind words to our staff and hope that you come back and see us again soon in the future.

Vermont
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Recently had a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Keene.
As others have noted the location is a bit odd - off the main road at the end of a dead end street. Did not see a sign until you got to the property. If you don't have GPS make sure to ask for directions!
Room was very clean and well appointed. Bed and pillows very comfortable.
Breakfast was above average IMO. Nice hot coffee, sausage and gravy w/biscuits, egg, pastries, breads, pancake maker, cereal.
We did not use the pool (indoor) but did check it out. Its small so I would imagine it gets crowded easily on busy days.
Best part of the hotel was the staff. Always had a smile on their faces and ready and willing to help.
We would stay here again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: The pool is on the first floor and there are 2 rooms directly across from it - i can't remember...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear vter,

Thank you for sharing your comments! I am delighted to hear how well your experience was with us. I will be sharing your review with everyone here on property. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Keene, NH!

James Prentiss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!