“Big Surprise”
Review of Days Inn Keene NH

Days Inn Keene NH
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Reviewed 18 July 2012

You would not expect a Days Inn in Keene to be a great hotel to stay in but we were very surprised! The hotel is in a good location, right on the main road, only a couple miles away from Keene State Campus and Shopping in the same plaza. The hotel offers both smoking and non smoking room which the hallway on the second floor, where we were staying smelled a little smokey but our non smoking room did not smell of smoke at all. The room was very clean, a little outdated and not so modern but clean and comfortable. Our bed was the biggest surprise. Felt more like a bed you would get in a 4 star hotel. Very plush and very comfortable. Slept the best I had in awhile in it. We did our usual check for bed bugs when we got there and was surprised to find a mattress protector to keep bed bugs away. Most hotels do not supply those. We did not eat the continental breakfast but instead went to the Swanzey diner which was very good. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The dog may bark at you when you first go in, but is a sweetheart and is all bark no bite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dibajui
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Keene NH

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I loved this hotel. I stayed here a few months back when I was taking theology courses,& the manager was very gr8!! I had broken my cellphone & he went out of his way 2 help me get ahold of verizon wireless. This hotel has a beautiful & friendly black lab dog that I loved!!! I wont lie it wasnt the best location 4 some1 walking everywhere considering the area doesnt have good public transportation however there was target n pricechopper right thr n it was gr8 4 a wk!! God bless u guys!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I are traveling my motorcycle from New jersey to Maine and our first night's stay was at the Days Inn Keene. As luck would have it we had to ride the last 30 - 40 miles in a downpour. We were drenched when we walked into the motel and dripped water all over the lobby and desk. The night manager (Jim) was very nice and after checking in he gave us some rags (old towels) to dry all of our "stuff" and he even let us dry our clothes in the motel dryer because they didn't have one for guest use. Since it was raining, we had to order out and Jim suggested several places and even had menus for them. Great service here!

The property is older, but well maintained. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Their Continental breakfast which started at 6:00 AM was one of the nicer ones I've seen. They even had coffee, donuts and juice ready at 5:00 AM for us early risers.

I would definitely stay here again and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

They are pet friendly. The room was clean and quiet. That night the hotel had 7 pets, not including Aggie (who said hello when we checked in) and we heard not one bark from any of the other guest. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillow was a normal size. It was bloody hot and the room cooled very quickly.
Jim recommended Kimball Farms in Jaffery (37 min away) and boy was that a great ice cream place!
In the morning Sharon kept the Complementary Breakfast completely stacked with eggs, hot waffles, all the jams and jellies you would want. And the coffee was the best i ever had. I asked Sharon where could i pick my own blueberries and she recommended a wonderful farm not far from the hotel.
In short this is a great hotel without the high price that accepts pets and is very clean and is very close to the town. Don't worry about the pool being across the street, it is very nice and heated. I highly recommend this place for staying for business, couples, family, friends or just yourself. Thanks Jim and Sharon for making an unplanned vacation stop so wonderful!

Room Tip: a/c did not keep me up or bother my dog
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Travelling on my way through Keene, and figured to spend the night at the Days Inn. The front staff was friendly, and the location is great being right off route 9. The room was nice, and the bed was comfy and huge! The reclining chair was nice to have, but color didn't really seem to match anything else (but really, does that matter?). I was really happy with everything except the towels. They're a little small(I say this and I'm a pretty slight guy) and not very soft. I know it isn't a 5 star hotel, but please buy some towels! Other than that, everything else was at or above my expectations. I'll definitely stay again if I find myself in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We spent one night at this motel and found it to be a great value and conveniently located near restaurants. Our room was small, but clean and very well-equipped. The beds were comfortable, and it was nice and quiet the night we were there. We appreciated the free breakfast that included fresh fruit, yogurt, and waffles as well as the usual continental items. For an inexpensive motel, it was a perfectly nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AJ T
KeeneNHDaysInn, General Manager at Days Inn Keene NH, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

The staff and myself thank you for taking the time to write a review and your kind words regarding your stay at the Keene, NH Days Inn. The motel does offer the traveler a great value that includes many ammenities at no extra charge such as wifi, refrig & micro and our DayBreak deluxe continental breakfast with many healthy and brand name choices to start your day. Being located at the Monadnock Market Place makes it convenient for both dining and shopping. Were glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit when your in Keene, New Hampshire.
Jim Narkiewicz, General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed for a night on our way back from Vermont. The room was clean, small room but ok for a night and for the price. It's a good location if you want to dine at any of the restaurants close by, it's even walking distance. The continental breakfast is included. The manager has a dog and barks at 11:00 am. We believe it is to make sure that everyone checks out right at 11:00 am. We probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
KeeneNHDaysInn, General Manager at Days Inn Keene NH, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Keene, NH Days Inn on Trip Advisor. The Keene Days Inn has that homey touch with its smaller quaint rooms, a deluxe continental breakfast, great value for the price and Aggie, the black lab mascot as the hotel is pet friendly. Aggie usually is very quiet unless she gets excited saying hello to someone, needs ones attention to step outside or wants her treat from the Fed Ex or UPS driver. Checkout is at 11am but we are more than glad to extend it and very often do til 12noon at the latest due to staffing. We hope that on your next time through Keene you give us another try. Jim Narkiewicz, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Days Inn Keene NH? Share your experiences!